This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Z-Wave compatibility

This may be a silly question, but I was curious if the onboard Z-wave controller will have support for US Z-wave frequencies in addition to EU, or would a different module need to be added? I'm assuming the former, but figured I'd ask :)

Also will Z-Wave locks be supported, such as the Yale locks?

Thanks and Kind Regards,
Nick B.

Comments

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    We ship the Z-Wave accordingly to your shipping address. And yes, we follow the Z-Wave spec, so they will be supported.
  • Great, thanks for the quick response! :)
  • I have this Yale lock and cannot get Homey to work with it.
    http://www.yale.co.uk/en/yale/couk/productsdb/smart-locks/keyfree-connected-smart-lock/

It once 'interviewed' it and understood it was a lock, but said it wasn't 'secure'.  Since trying to connect it again, painfully removing and re-adding i cannot get it to know what type of device it is.  I also cannot figure out what Homey is capable of doing with it.

Not having the easiest time with my new Homey.

• TacoTaco Member
    Homey does support Z-Wave security. Please try again with your device close to Homey. If you're still unable to finish the pair wizard successfully pease send us the log usung Settings -> System -> Send Log and past the code here.
  • Thanks Taco. I wasn't expecting to need to do so much testing of this but I will try to keep the faith...

Obviously I can't bring the mountain to Mohammad on this occasion so I'll have to move my Homey close to my doors.  I will try this tomorrow and feedback.
  • ReemsterReemster Member
    edited April 2016
    Does anybody knows, if Fibaro fire/smoke sensors are working already with Homey? i try to add them, but with no success. The motion sensors of Fibaro are working, sometimes... not very stable :/ 
  • JaxcJaxc Member
    Fibaro smoke sensor up and running no problems here. 
  • Fibaro smoke sensor up and running no problems here. 
    that's weird.. when i finally succeeded to add them, i get after a few minutes later by - settings <--> zwave - all failed status, behind the fire alarm sensors.
  • JaxcJaxc Member

I will post my settings tonight, maybe the is not working due to the settings.

• JaxcJaxc Member
    edited April 2016
  • JaxcJaxc Member
    These are my settings, and stable working. for about 5 days now...

• No Z wave associaties.......
  • These are my settings, and stable working. for about 5 days now...

ok thanks  :) i shall try your settings
  • ReemsterReemster Member
    edited April 2016
    It's not possible to get Fibaro fire sensors working. I can add them, (with difficulty) but when they add, there is no data. or is that normal for now, and that homey don't support that yet? i don't see the battery percentage, not the temperature. 
  • JaxcJaxc Member
    You can see the temperature and bat level in ínzichten' (dutch) after a couple of minutes
  • You can see the temperature and bat level in ínzichten' (dutch) after a couple of minutes
    ok, i didn't check that. thanks
  • Thanks Taco. I wasn't expecting to need to do so much testing of this but I will try to keep the faith...

Obviously I can't bring the mountain to Mohammad on this occasion so I'll have to move my Homey close to my doors.  I will try this tomorrow and feedback.
    @DamianArmitage ;did you ever get your Yale lock to connect?
  • Anybody using qubino devices? Building a app for my 2 devices (qubino flush dimmer 0-10v and flush dimmer non z-wave plus)