This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official SDK2

[APP] Kodi [2.2.0]

Comments

• @MartijnDeRhoter ;
    I use Openelec.. You don't need the UDP port, but the tcp one (version 1.1 and higher) . The default portnumber is 9090 (also suggested when you add a new device). 

When you use the app store version you can just use the details of your webserver on Openelec.. Default port there is 8080, but you'd need to enable the webserver first (see the instructions when adding a new device) 
  • Got it, thanks - I got confused with the webserver port being 80. It works fine with 9090 now!
  • Good to hear! :)

@Fire69 and @MartijnDeRhoter : Could you report your test findings here? I want to push 1.1 to the app store, but need some test feedback first :).
  • Only had time to do a little test.
    Made a flow: When <a movie has started>, Then <turn off light><say something: starting <title>>

This is working very good!
    Do you want me to test something else?
  • edited April 2016
    I can pause/resume whatever is playing using an IR flow - that works very well too. So I'll join Fire69, let us know if there's anything specific you want us to test.

Setup was quite straightforward, once I figured out that an offline RP3 won't respond on any port :)
  • Anyone of you that uses Homey in Dutch? I am curious how the Dutch voice commands are working for you. If you wanna know which Dutch commands are used, check https://github.com/MarvinSchenkel/HomeyKodi/blob/master/app.json

• For me, Dutch seems to work better then English commands...
  • EvertorN said:
    Anyone of you that uses Homey in Dutch? I am curious how the Dutch voice commands are working for you. If you wanna know which Dutch commands are used, check https://github.com/MarvinSchenkel/HomeyKodi/blob/master/app.json

In the latest kickstarter update they said almost everything has been translated, so maybe it's time to change it to Dutch :)
    I'll do some more testing tonight.

Some remarks about the json-file:
    - You have a double trigger (first and last):   "en": ["play latest episode of", "play the latest episode of", "play latest episode", "play latest episode of"],
    - Could you add 'start' to "nl" : ["speel film", "speel de film"] (maybe for series too)?  Seems more natural to me. Maybe it's a Belgian thing  :p 
    - "nl": ["speel muziek"]: can you add something here?  Artist, album, genre?
  • Fire69 said:
    EvertorN said:
    Anyone of you that uses Homey in Dutch? I am curious how the Dutch voice commands are working for you. If you wanna know which Dutch commands are used, check https://github.com/MarvinSchenkel/HomeyKodi/blob/master/app.json

In the latest kickstarter update they said almost everything has been translated, so maybe it's time to change it to Dutch :)
    I'll do some more testing tonight.

Some remarks about the json-file:
    - You have a double trigger (first and last):   "en": ["play latest episode of", "play the latest episode of", "play latest episode", "play latest episode of"],
    - Could you add 'start' to "nl" : ["speel film", "speel de film"] (maybe for series too)?  Seems more natural to me. Maybe it's a Belgian thing  :p 
    - "nl": ["speel muziek"]: can you add something here?  Artist, album, genre?
    Thanks for your feedback,
    - Ouch, that last one should be 'play the latest episode'. Nicely found!
    - Good suggestion, I'll add 'start film' as well
    - Not necessary to add artist or album here.. This is just for the trigger. So a function 'playMusic' gets triggered by 'speel muziek', then I can check whether the user wants to search for an artist (speel muziek van artiest) or genre (speel muziek van genre) by looking at the total transcript (=what the user said).

@All: Any requests regarding new features? I am already working on multi device support, but that's it for now. The way Homey parses numbers needs to be improved before I can add specific series play back (play series xxx season 1 episode 2). Homey now parses numbers as text when included in a sentence (24 = twenty four).
  • EvertorN said:
    - Not necessary to add artist or album here.. This is just for the trigger. So a function 'playMusic' gets triggered by 'speel muziek', then I can check whether the user wants to search for an artist (speel muziek van artiest) or genre (speel muziek van genre) by looking at the total transcript (=what the user said).
    My question wasn't clear.  I didn't mean for you to add something, but the user by voice :)
    So apparently you already implemented it the way I'd like it to be  ;)

For music you could maybe add the party mode, so Kodi starts playing random songs.
  • Fire69 said:
    EvertorN said:
    My question wasn't clear.  I didn't mean for you to add something, but the user by voice :)
    So apparently you already implemented it the way I'd like it to be  ;)

For music you could maybe add the party mode, so Kodi starts playing random songs.
    Ah okay. Well currently only searching by artist is supported. I will add genre later :). Party mode is also a very nice idea!
  • EvertorN said:
    Ah okay. Well currently only searching by artist is supported. I will add genre later :). Party mode is also a very nice idea!
    How about additional (sub)filters, like all songs from a certain artist that are on a certain album? Or all songs that have a certain word in the title (so I can for example play all 'acoustic' songs from a certain artist) ? Or year - all songs that were released in 2016?
  • Bumblez said:
    EvertorN said:
    How about additional (sub)filters, like all songs from a certain artist that are on a certain album? Or all songs that have a certain word in the title (so I can for example play all 'acoustic' songs from a certain artist) ? Or year - all songs that were released in 2016?
    Sounds cool! But I am actually aiming for more 'basic' features. These are pretty advanced features and will be hard to implement with the curreny speech API of Homey. I know the guys are working on an improved version of the speech API where it will be lots and lots easier to parse complicated commands :-). So yeah, cool suggestions, but it's something for later, when Homey can actually 'understand' these advanced commands
  • Yeah, that makes perfect sense.
  • Fire69 said:
    Oee that's really cool! Think I am gonna implement some more 'human interactions' where you can ask Homey some questions about shows, rather than just giving commands :). Thanks for the inspiration
  • Hi!
    thanks for all the great work so far.
    i tried to add a kodi device to homey but it doesn't proceed nor does it give an error.
    the port is 8080, with or without password.

I tried to misspell the ip and I get an error.

So could this be a ui error or do I have to do more tests?
  • I have just submitted v1.1 for approval! This will fix the flows not being triggered :). I will add some clear instructions to the OP when the app has been approved.
  • Hi!
    thanks for all the great work so far.
    i tried to add a kodi device to homey but it doesn't proceed nor does it give an error.
    the port is 8080, with or without password.

I tried to misspell the ip and I get an error.

So could this be a ui error or do I have to do more tests?
    If you have v1.0.1 installed (current app store version) you'd have to enable the webserver on your Kodi device and use the IP/Port/Username/Password that are configured there to connect to your Kodi device.
  • EvertorN said:
    Hi---
    If you have v1.0.1 installed (current app store version) you'd have to enable the webserver on your Kodi device and use the IP/Port/Username/Password that are configured there to connect to your Kodi device.
    I did, and I tried different configurations ( passwd, no passwd, different ports)
    i haven't tested it from another client, so I'll test that first
    thx for the suggestions
  • Hey @EvertorN, could it be possible that things in your favorites list or from add-ons, perhaps from urls (for example, I watch NPO1 via kodi)?
  • Hey @EvertorN, could it be possible that things in your favorites list or from add-ons, perhaps from urls (for example, I watch NPO1 via kodi)?
    My guess would be no. As far as I know Kodi cannot remotely control addons (e.g. play a movie on Exodus or watch NPO 1), because addons are basically 'added functionality'. Therefore it will be hard to support actions for addons. I will investigate at some point though, would be cool to support addons :). But don't get your hopes up ;)

• I don't think so. As far as I know the iKettle app automatically searches for connected iKettle's on the network. Since you manually need to configure your Kodi details, this shouldn't be an issue.

Could you explain (in detail please) what you tried? Also, what is the IP of your Kodi and Homey device? The following should work:
    - Enable webserver on Kodi 
    - Add a Kodi device on Homey and enter the details (IP / port / username / password)

If not this does not work, try browsing to the IP address (192.168.x.x):port (default 8080) on a PC that is connected to the same network (e.g. with Chrome or IE), then enter the username / password. If that works, then there's something wrong with the app, if that doesn't work, then there's something wrong with your (network?) configuration..
  • EvertorN said:

I don't think so. As far as I know the iKettle app automatically searches for connected iKettle's on the network. Since you manually need to configure your Kodi details, this shouldn't be an issue.

Could you explain (in detail please) what you tried? Also, what is the IP of your Kodi and Homey device? The following should work:
    - Add a Kodi device on Homey and enter the details (IP / port / username / password)

If not this does not work, try browsing to the IP address (192.168.x.x):port (default 8080) on a PC that is connected to the same network (e.g. with Chrome or IE), then enter the username / password. If that works, then there's something wrong with the app, if that doesn't work, then there's something wrong with your (network?) configuration..
    Hi! 
    Thx for the reply.

i've tested the kodi web server on 2 different computers without password: the web server works! Homey does not find the kodi web server, there is no feedback from the ui.

after that I've changed the subnet to 192.168.1.x
    2 computers can connect to kodi web server with kodi/kodi as credentials 
    but the reply from homey changed!
    now the ui replies: "could not connect to your Kodi! Please verify your details"
    This is different than before.

it looks like the local network config, seems to be correct.
    2 out of 3 clients can connect to the web server 
    Kodi gives me a reply, with the 192.168.88.x that didn't happen.

now I'm thinking about another way to get it to work

• EvertorN said:

I don't think so. As far as I know the iKettle app automatically searches for connected iKettle's on the network. Since you manually need to configure your Kodi details, this shouldn't be an issue.

Hi! 
    Thx for the reply.

i've tested the kodi web server on 2 different computers without password: the web server works! Homey does not find the kodi web server, there is no feedback from the ui.

after that I've changed the subnet to 192.168.1.x
    2 computers can connect to kodi web server with kodi/kodi as credentials 
    but the reply from homey changed!
    now the ui replies: "could not connect to your Kodi! Please verify your details"
    This is different than before.

it looks like the local network config, seems to be correct.
    2 out of 3 clients can connect to the web server 
    Kodi gives me a reply, with the 192.168.88.x that didn't happen.

now I'm thinking about another way to get it to work

Weird. Are Homey and Kodi on the same subnet?

I'd wait until v1.1 gets approved. I use a different connection method as of v1.1. This should result in a better, more stable connection. Or, if you feel really adventurous, grab v1.1 from Github :). There are instructions on how to do this in this topic.
  • Yep, they are on the same subnet.

OK, once again, you're doing great work on the app and the support!

The problem got resolved by wiping all data on Homey and start all over again.
    (the lifx bulbs are working now also)

Next time I'll do a complete wipe before I start asking questions :blush: 

• EvertorN said:
    Fire69 said:
    Oee that's really cool! Think I am gonna implement some more 'human interactions' where you can ask Homey some questions about shows, rather than just giving commands :). Thanks for the inspiration
    Did you see the demo in the Plex thread?  :) 
  • EvertorN said:
    Hey @EvertorN, could it be possible that things in your favorites list or from add-ons, perhaps from urls (for example, I watch NPO1 via kodi)?
    My guess would be no. As far as I know Kodi cannot remotely control addons (e.g. play a movie on Exodus or watch NPO 1), because addons are basically 'added functionality'. Therefore it will be hard to support actions for addons. I will investigate at some point though, would be cool to support addons :). But don't get your hopes up ;)
    Thanks for the response.
    If you are ever curious about investigating, right now I have it working via a HTTP call to Kodi's JSON, something along the lines of:

{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Player.Open", "params": {"media":"plugin://plugin.xxxxx"}, "id": 1}

If I'm home and I can check what I exactly have, I will update this post.
  • EvertorN said:
    Hey @EvertorN, could it be possible that things in your favorites list or from add-ons, perhaps from urls (for example, I watch NPO1 via kodi)?
    My guess would be no. As far as I know Kodi cannot remotely control addons (e.g. play a movie on Exodus or watch NPO 1), because addons are basically 'added functionality'. Therefore it will be hard to support actions for addons. I will investigate at some point though, would be cool to support addons . But don't get your hopes up
    Thanks for the response.
    If you are ever curious about investigating, right now I have it working via a HTTP call to Kodi's JSON, something along the lines of:

{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Player.Open", "params": {"media":"plugin://plugin.xxxxx"}, "id": 1}

If I'm home and I can check what I exactly have, I will update this post.
    Ah you meant starting addons, I thought controlling addons. Starting addons should be doable :)