This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official SDK2

[APP] Kodi [2.2.0]

Comments

• Indeed, it'll be interesting to see how well Homey can distinguish your voice from anything you're watching/listening to in the future.
  • Version 1.0.0 has been submitted to the appstore and is awaiting approval!
  • tunftunf Member
    edited March 2016
    Great work! Hall of fame if you ask me!
  • Version 1.0.0 is release in the app store! :smiley: 
  • Want to go home to test it :'( 
  • Version 1.0.1 is uploaded and awaiting approval. This fixes app crashes when:
    - There is no music/movies/tvshows in your library and you wanna play something
    - You tell Kodi to stop, next track or previous track when there's nothing playing.
  • Is its possible for the noobs an little tutorial how to play kodi with Homey?

• It's all nicely explained in the app info in the store. :)
  • Getting error if i want to install it 
    Show detailed informationSomething went wrong, please try again.

• The first post in this thread contains all the information about the app. I also keep track of the changelog etc. Install through the app store and follow the instructions when adding a new Kodi device.
  • Alrighty guys, just a little heads up. I am working on some new features:
    • Dutch support (done)
    • Multi-device support (waiting for firmware 0.8.25 before I can implement this)
    Currently all events (movie starts playing, episode starts playing etc.) are triggered by the Kodi app. This means that these events are only triggered when those commands are executed by speech through Homey. I figured out a way to listen for events on a Kodi device. This means that Homey could respond to events whenever you play a movie / pause / stop etc. with your remote :)

Many of you are already using the app. What are your experiences? Any feedback / requests?
  • Deployed version 1.1 to Github where the following has been added:
    - Dutch support
    - Event triggering from Kodi side instead of Homey side. Flows get triggered even when you start a movie with your remote now :).

Any people wanna help me test this? After installation you need to re-add the device since I changed the communication protocol from HTTP to websockets (TCP). This requires different configuration.

Please let me know your findings, so I can push a stable version to the app store :)
  • I'll put my comment here also (not everybody follows Slack)

It works partially it seems.  I made a flow <when movie started><turn off light>
    When I start a movie straight from my rpi, nothing happens
    But when I use voice-input "play <movie>", the flow is triggered so it detects that a movie has started.
  • Fire69 said:
    I'll put my comment here also (not everybody follows Slack)

It works partially it seems.  I made a flow <when movie started><turn off light>
    When I start a movie straight from my rpi, nothing happens
    But when I use voice-input "play <movie>", the flow is triggered so it detects that a movie has started.
    Oops! My bad.. Apparently the sync to Github failed, so the new version was not uploaded. 1.1 is now online, please reinstall and try again :)
  • Hm, that's weird, because the old version didn't have a flow card <when movie started>, right?

I checked and it indeed says v1.0.1 installed. Do I have a mix of 1.0.1 and 1.1 installed maybe? :)

• EvertorNEvertorN Member
    edited April 2016
    Fire69 said:

Hm, that's weird, because the old version didn't have a flow card <when movie started>, right?

I checked and it indeed says v1.0.1 installed. Do I have a mix of 1.0.1 and 1.1 installed maybe?

Yeah it did, it was the very first flow I created . A mix of 1.0.1 and 1.1 is not possible! An uninstall and a reinstall of the app should work flawflessly! Make sure to read the instructions when adding a device, you need to enable a new setting on the kodi side.
  • I'll have a look at it tonight then :smile: 
  • OK, did the update.
    You're using the eventserver now?

Will do some tests, but Terminator 2 is on tv, so it will have to wait :#
  • Doesn't seem to be working to start a flow when a movie is started.

What portnumber do I need to use? The one for the webserver (8080) or the eventserver (9997)?
  • I just installed the Kodi app fresh from the store, added a Kodi instance as a device, configured IP, port, username, password (took the details from a working Kodi app on a phone) - however I can't seem to pause/resume whatever is playing. The "pause/resume playback on..." card doesn't do anything. 

What am I missing?
    edited April 2016
    Fire69 said:
    Doesn't seem to be working to start a flow when a movie is started.

What portnumber do I need to use? The one for the webserver (8080) or the eventserver (9997)?
    Hmm it stopped worked for me too after I updated to 0.8.27. I'll have a look at it today.. As of 1.1, I use websockets (TCP) which has a default port of 9090 on Kodi. So as of 1.1 you'd only need to configure an IP adress and a port number which is 9090 per default.

• I just installed the Kodi app fresh from the store, added a Kodi instance as a device, configured IP, port, username, password (took the details from a working Kodi app on a phone) - however I can't seem to pause/resume whatever is playing. The "pause/resume playback on..." card doesn't do anything. 

What am I missing?
    Are you pausing with your remote? The app store only has version 1.0.1, this only supports pausing / resuming Kodi when you're talking to Homey.. If he doesn't do anything when you say 'pause', check http://<ip_homey>/manager/speech-input/ to see what Homey heard. He probably doesn't get that you're saying 'pause' or 'resume'..
  • I don't use voice, I used an IR remote to trigger the pause card, is that not the right way with version 1.0.1?
  • EvertorN said:
    Fire69 said:

Hmm it stopped worked for me too after I updated to 0.8.27. I'll have a look at it today.. As of 1.1, I use websockets (TCP) which has a default port of 9090 on Kodi. So as of 1.1 you'd only need to configure an IP adress and a port number which is 9090 per default.
    I'll put it back to 9090 then, and wait for you to investigate :smile: 
    edited April 2016
    I don't use voice, I used an IR remote to trigger the pause card, is that not the right way with version 1.0.1?
    Nope, not for version 1.0.1. Flows only get triggered if an action is performed by Homey (i.e. through speech). 1.1 is being tested my me and a couple of people.. Once that is stable and pushed to the app store your flows will triggered when you pause with your IR remote . In the mean while you can use http://<ip_homey>/manager/speech-input/ to input commands if speech is not working properly for you
    edited April 2016
    Fire69 said:
    EvertorN said:
    Fire69 said:

I'll put it back to 9090 then, and wait for you to investigate smile 
    Just had a quick look. It seems they changed the way we need to trigger flows from code as of 0.8.27 whenever a device is involved. Actions (like play movie) still seem to be working nicely. I will investigate tonight / tomorrow and hopefully be able to fix it asap .
  • EvertorN said:
    I don't use voice, I used an IR remote to trigger the pause card, is that not the right way with version 1.0.1?
    Nope, not for version 1.0.1. Flows only get triggered if an action is performed by Homey (i.e. through speech). 1.1 is being tested my me and a couple of people.. Once that is stable and pushed to the app store your flows will triggered when you pause with your IR remote . In the mean while you can use http://<ip_homey>/manager/speech-input/ to input commands if speech is not working properly for you
    Alright - thanks for the explanation. I'll wait for 1.1 (and some fixes to 0.8.27) :)
  • Fixed the issues. Triggers work again :)
    To test v1.1
    - Install latest version 1.1 from Github
    - Delete and re-add your device.

Firmware 0.8.27 is required now.

@Fire69 ;
  • It works!  <3
  • Is anyone using Openelec with this app? If so, what's the UDP port for the event service? I can't find it anywhere :)