This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Version 0.8.27

Comments

• MarkVanWindenMarkVanWinden Member
    edited April 2016
    1. question: Is the sunset/sunrise fixed?

2. homey turns his white light on some times like he's thinking. But I dont do a thing
     While watching TV homey recognized every 3 minutes "ie"/"ey" as a hit, and he starts listening. (did some voicetraining..)

• Right to intern mic spoken, no responce on ok homey at all, into the
    learning ok HOMEY mode , no responce the ring gets every time red, and why are the tips ho to speak hidden behind the locks ?
    only by speak true the app on the fone the voice commands gets regonized.
    have i a broken mic in my HOMEY ?

When close to HOMEY , and than say: ok HOMEY does trigger and respons on what's the time, and How are you, no broken mic,
    but it only works when i ( er nogal kort opzit )
  • Homey responds better on the trigger but it triggers also on random sound lol
  • mruiter said:
    Right to intern mic spoken, no responce on ok homey at all, into the
    learning ok HOMEY mode , no responce the ring gets every time red, and why are the tips ho to speak hidden behind the locks ?
    only by speak true the app on the fone the voice commands gets regonized.
    have i a broken mic in my HOMEY ?

exactly the same here. ok homey gets triggerd but after spinning white nothing but realy nothing gets a response. No whats the time no is it going to rain, no what is the news. Nothing.
    Training ok homey always gives a red ring but without the training ok homey is the only thing that works
    Check http://<ip>/manager/speech-input/ to see what Homey thinks you said.
  • RamonBaas said:
    My flow based on a KAKU wallswitch does not trigger anymore. Adding the wallswitch again does not help. Anybody else with this issue?
    Same here! I have a remote that stopped working (AYCT-102) - it pairs just fine but a pressed button doesn't trigger the flow that worked previously.
  • MoekMoek Member

The ok homey trigger works like a mother*cker!

I can trigger homey from 6 meters away, even from the toilet :)

But homey doesn’t hear anything when he’s listening.

/manager/speech-input/ stays empty…

Using homey in dutch by the way.

• Finally, Homey listens to me. It is thrilling.
    Even with a distance of two meters, I can give commands. Sometimes the voice stutters. But after the last two dreadful months, who cares?
  • RamonBaas said:
    My flow based on a KAKU wallswitch does not trigger anymore. Adding the wallswitch again does not help. Anybody else with this issue?
    Same her, 
    removeing the Door alarm and re-adding did it, but not for a normal remote. :neutral: 

LuukVisscher said:
    RamonBaas said:
    I have problems with my KaKu remotes (AYCT-102). I had paired three of these remotes. In 0.8.24 I was able to use a remote in every room and turn my Philips Hue lights on and off with the KaKu remotes. But now there are not working anymore and pairing them again doesn't help. :(
    same with my AYCT-102 

https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/392
  • RamonBaas said:
    Same issue here. Re-adding the wallswitch does not resolve the issue of a KAKU wallswitch triggering a flow (in my case switching on Z-wave devices)...
  • edited April 2016
    RamonBaas said:
    I've added to issue 392.
  • PhuturistPhuturist Member
    edited April 2016
    My experiences thus far:
    • OK Homey trigger seems to work reasonably well, about the same as 0.8.24 since it already worked reasonably for me. Still seeying false positives though.
    • Oops I could not reach the server is still an issue.
    • Zwave stability is still really bad, maybe even worse then on 0.8.24. The z-wave devices list is empty most of the time. Restarting the zwave network helps sometimes but a power cycle is need sometimes as well. Devices still time out if farther away then a couple of meters (my guess is there is something wrong with the routing / explorer frames in Homey). Refreshing a zwave device can make Homey crash sometimes.
    • Homey still becomes unreachable because it crashes, also on 0.8.27. As far as I can tell it can still be pinged most of the times but the webinterface and app dont work no more and a power cycle is needed.
    • Not sure in sunset/sunrise works now.
    For me this update hasnt really added to a better experience. Patiently awaiting the next one and I'm gonna see if I can update some issues on GitHub with my latest experiences ... :neutral: 
  • Sunrise does not work.
  • Sunrise does not work.
    Maybe Homey has a realtime sun detector?
    Around 09:00 most of The Netherlands were covered in clouds...
  • aloftaloft Member
    edited April 2016
    Phuturist said:
    My experiences thus far:
    • OK Homey trigger seems to work reasonably well, about the same as 0.8.24 since it already worked reasonably for me. Still seeying false positives though.
    • Zwave stability is still really bad, maybe even worse then on 0.8.24. The z-wave devices list is empty most of the time. Restarting the zwave network helps sometimes but a power cycle is need sometimes as well. Devices still time out if farther away then a couple of meters (my guess is there is something wrong with the routing / explorer frames in Homey). Refreshing a zwave device can make Homey crash sometimes.
    • Homey still becomes unreachable because it crashes, also on 0.8.27. As far as I can tell it can still be pinged most of the times but the webinterface and app dont work no more and a power cycle is needed.
    For me this update hasnt really added to a better experience. Patiently awaiting the next one and I'm gonna see if I can update some issues on GitHub with my latest experiences ... neutral 
    My experience is largely the same:

- OK Homey trigger is still bad; but retraining was with some background noise, so that might be a local issue
    - Oops I couldn't reach the server also still an issue
    - Zwave stability at least as bad as 0.8.24 ; I have one device (230V powered) that keeps Error TxStatus undefined, even when I switch it locally on/off.  No issues that I had ( stability + parameters not being sent to device ) are solved.
    - KaKu remote doesn't work anymore, Kaku outlet switches itself still work
    - BetterLogic variables are gone, impacting the flows that are using them. I cannot add variables anymore. Reboot sometimes works to get the variables back
  • Setting speech volume doesn't work anymore. Now it's way to loud.
  • Setting speech volume doesn't work anymore. Now it's way to loud.

It does work, but looks to be a factor 10 off. So the range is 0-10 instead of 0-100.
  • TedTolboomTedTolboom Member
    edited April 2016
    Sunset is still triggering (was after updating to 0.8.27). Sunrise triggered only once...

Z-wave seems more stable; although I have been changing the polling settings of my powernodes and motion sensor... which might have been improving the stability (overload) of the z-wave network,

False triggering is a serious issue. This morning, while standing next to the footbal field, I recieved a message (complaint) that Homey started to play (loud) music without a trigger / command.   :s
    Stop command directly or via speech-input did not work; had to reboot Homey

Since both voice triggering is too sensitive and remote / wallswitch triggering is not working...
    0.8.27 is for me a step back. 

In order to prevent false triggering / spontaneous loud music, I would need to disable the microphone.
    Yet, with no remote / wallswitch triggering, the majority of my flows are useless.....   :'(
  • My Sunrise didn't trigger this morning, but I agree - the radio trigger issue is more of a headache than the sun not being a reliable input.
  • Are non-433mhz remotes or wallswitches working (triggering flows)?
    Like z-wave wall switches?
  • IR does work as a switch.
  • EdTstEdTst Member
    Flows are broken.
    Logitech harmony app stopped working.
    IR still not working
    Oops constantly (much more than before)
    Voice is stuttering (it was fine before)
    Besides the ok homey trigger working better, this firmware breaks more than it fixes
  • My Thermosmart don't give any temperature. Only after a reset. But not long. 
  • Got the feeling garbage collection is a bit too aggressive.. 
  • jovink said:
    My Thermosmart don't give any temperature. Only after a reset. But not long. 
    https://github.com/athombv/nl.thermosmart/issues/4

• Uranday said:
    Got the feeling garbage collection is a bit too aggressive.. 
    Sounds like it, yes. Still, I have more freemem than before! :)
  • ArjanArjan Member
    Ok Homey works fine over here. I've been able to start and complete the learning "ok Homey" process quite easily a few times, doing this process with my girlfriend is horrible and i've said enough, after 100 Ok Homeys still no succes. When Homey is not in learning mode, she is able to trigger Homey just fine, but not in the learning mode.
  • Still experience a lot of false positives though 
  • PhuturistPhuturist Member
    edited April 2016
    Phuturist said:
    My experiences thus far:
    For me this update hasnt really added to a better experience. Patiently awaiting the next one and I'm gonna see if I can update some issues on GitHub with my latest experiences ... neutral 
    OK, I have some more experience now and I recommend everyone who hasn't installed this yet to stay away from this version.

All my flows with zwave devices have completely stopped working. On the previous firmware version the zwave devices timed out and the zwave devices list was empty but the devices still switched on and off from flows. Now this has stopped working as well and the zwave network crashes about five minutes after a fresh boot and the zwave network chip needs to be restarted. Next to that a lot of the community apps stopped working because of an incompatible change in this firmware. As I use better logic for pretty much everything all my other flows are dead as well. And the oops I could not reach the server is driving my family nuts.

All in all this has reduced the WAF below acceptance level and I'm forced to pull the plug until some stuff is working again. :confused: 
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited April 2016
    Who..... And this should be THE firmware for the last shipment to for last badge? 

If so: :|

Said it before: how could is it possible all these problems and showstoppers reached a firmware? These problems should popup in tests.... 

I'm very curious what's going to happen with the shipment.... 
  • MarcoF said:
    Who..... And this should be THE firmware for the last shipment to for last badge? 

If so: :|

Said it before: how could is it possible all these problems and showstoppers reached a firmware? These problems should popup in tests.... 

I'm very curious what's going to happen with the shipment.... 
    Well, I just figured that pretty much all my flows use the BetterLogic app in some way. Since this update broke this app (like some other apps) my flows are not working anymore. So there might be a chance that zwave is as unstable as it was on 0.8.24 and it will still trigger on/off even though the devices are timed out and the zwave device list does not load. Hopefully a fix or work around for the compatibility for apps will become available in the upcoming week so I can power up Homey again and see if that at least gives me back some basic functionality again.
This discussion has been closed.