This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Support for Onkyo receivers

Comments

• @HomeyIsCool ;
    Are you still working on this app? Hope you can create it, I have the NR609

• @HomeyIsCool ;
    Are you still working on this app? Hope you can create it, I have the NR609

I have no homey now. As i wrote i only test a Project in Github based in JavaScript which work. If no one work on an APP until i have my Homey.... Maybe

• jordenjorden Member
    edited February 2016
    Same here. I have made the first steps to try to create an app, but since I have no Homey yet, it is not possible to try a testrun so I will not continue ;)
  • If you need a tester...  :#
  • Make that 3 :)
  • jordenjorden Member
    edited March 2016
    I have made progress on this app! Yesterday I was able to send my first command (Power off) to my Onkyo receiver (TX-NR636).
    Today I was able to use Homey flow cards to make the volume go up and down, turn off and on the receiver, switch inputs, set a specific volume. So big yay for that :)

Need to do some small work on it today and tomorrow, for example: adding the required images and writing the README. Then I will release this app to Athom for placement in the app store.

Later on, I plan to extend this app:
    - Make it possible to read the power status (on/off)
    - Make it possible to read the current volume level
    - Make it possible to read which input is selected
    - Perhaps I will be able to 'scan' the network to discover the Onkyo receivers

I didn't find the correct codes to select the Bluetooth and STRM BOX yet, but perhaps I will be able to find it after I make the function to read out the currently selected input.
  • Super @jorden I can't wait to test this app, but I'm still waiting for my pre-order
  • Great !! Nice progress made @jorden ;
  • +1, I have a TX-NR616 and controll this via Domoticz with ISCP/EISCP. Works great but Homey support via an app would be great.
  • This app also works via EISCP. I am trying to get the first version ready today and will submit it to Athom.

My own flows now support seeing my first movement of the day after 15:00 via a Fibaro sensor, then Homey welcomes  me home and powers on my Onkyo, sets the volume at an acceptable level and starts the tuner. <3
  • Onkyo receiver app was just published! https://apps.athom.com/app/com.onkyo

Enjoy and let me know any suggestions or problems.
  • Great! Installed it right away!
    Will test it when I get home  :smile: 
  • Jorden many thanks installation went fine will test later
  • It's working :wink: 
  • Working hard on version 0.6.0 (not yet published, will publish the update in a few days)

What's new (and finished):
    - Added action card: Select tuner preset
    - Added 'condition card' for the 'When...' column: Powered on? 
    - Added 'condition card' for the 'When...' column: Muted? 
    - Added 'condition card' for the 'When...' column: Is input XXX selected?
    - Changed the cards, so the Onkyo receiver now appears as 'Device' instead of app

Working on:
    - Automaticly filling in the device name (as a placeholder, you can always edit this)
    - Make it possible to get the current volume level (to use in other fields)

Also trying to:
    - Make it start Spotify (not sure if this will work)
    - Autodiscover (not sure yet how I can do this)
  • Great additions! :smiley: 
  • So cool....just need a homey now...
  • New version was just published!
    Working hard on version 0.6.0 (not yet published, will publish the update in a few days)

What's new (and finished):
    - Added action card: Select tuner preset
    - Added 'condition card' for the 'When...' column: Powered on? 
    - Added 'condition card' for the 'When...' column: Muted? 
    - Added 'condition card' for the 'When...' column: Is input XXX selected?
    - Changed the cards, so the Onkyo receiver now appears as 'Device' instead of app

Working on:
    - Automaticly filling in the device name (as a placeholder, you can always edit this)
    - Make it possible to get the current volume level (to use in other fields)

Also trying to:
    - Autodiscover (not sure yet how I can do this)

• jorden said:
    New version was just published!
    Also trying to:

Just subscribed to Spotify so was looking around for this myself.
    Don't think this is possible.  You can only select the Net-input.
    But when you have an Onkyo with Spotify (Connect at least) you don't even need to select the input, when you select your receiver from the Spotify-app it switches automatically.
  • jordenjorden Member
    edited March 2016
    Fire69 said:
    jorden said:
    New version was just published!
    Also trying to:

Just subscribed to Spotify so was looking around for this myself.
    Don't think this is possible.  You can only select the Net-input.
    But when you have an Onkyo with Spotify (Connect at least) you don't even need to select the input, when you select your receiver from the Spotify-app it switches automatically.
    Indeed, but the Onkyo even supports to log in using your (Spotify) username and password with ISCP. However, I did not find any functions yet to select a playlist or start playing one. So I really doubt it is going to work.
  • Would be nice though :smile: 
  • Version 0.6.0 is in the store already?
  • https://apps.athom.com/app/com.onkyo?query=onkyo
    yes... Though the text is about 0.5.1
  • I noticed in the store, that's why I came here to ask if it's correct :blush: 
  • Forgot to update the readme ;)
  • I have the Onkyo HT-R358, does someone has any idea to control this one with my Homey?
    Just got mine but can't get it to work. Of course the receiver is not network enabled, but Homey doesn't recognizes the IR signals.
  • Did you try in different angles pointing to Homey?
  • And tried different remotes ?
  • I have tried different remotes and different angles, my Homey recognizes my KPN remote but doesn't send the signal to turn the KPN receiver on. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.