This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Homey is checking for updates, please wait...

I have a new Homey, but when the Wifi is connected, it stays by 'Homey is checking for updates, please wait... ' I'm waiting now for 10 min, but nothing happens. and i try the setup a couple of times.

what must i do?

Comments

• Connect to the WIFI network that you instructed homey to connect with. You can only configure Homey and (get past the update screen) if you visit Homey's IP on a device in the same network.
  • That's weird... But ok. When i going to the IP, there is a message that i must connect to wifi, en visite setup.homey.com. what i already did.. 

this sucks, i thought the basics is working by Homey right now :-(
  • It's working, you're probably just not doing it right.

- When you start the setup, you connect your phone/tablet to Homeys wifi and go to setup.homey.com
    - On the webpage you select your home's wifi, enter the password and let Homey connect
    - When this is OK, you connect your phone/tablet back to your home's wifi

Done.
  • @Fire69 doing it not right?  :D its not that difficult .. 

I think the update server is offline, or something. I thought maybe it is my AP that's not working correct with Homey, but i connected Homey to my smartphone Wifi (hotspot) but the same problem

. Homey says that he is connected to the Wifi, and after that nothing. So i think i can't doing more than that.

But thanks for the support guys. For now, homey stays in the box for a while 
  • Probably stating the obvious but you reconnected your phone to the G4_0997 network? Then you shouldn't see this page. If you go to https://my.athom.com you can login to your Homey (and after that with your local ip).
  • I've had this too, staring down the update screen and it didn't make progress because I didn't read and connect to Homeys new network with my configuration pc (reading sucks).

After connecting, the "no updates!" - message popped on.

Keep trying, maybe try other networks, other devices. Homey is a work in progress so be patient !
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    The update server is online. Make sure that your PC is connected to the same network as Homey, and can reach Homey on it's local IP.
  • Probably stating the obvious but you reconnected your phone to the G4_0997 network? Then you shouldn't see this page. If you go to https://my.athom.com you can login to your Homey (and after that with your local ip).
    That's what I was trying to tell him also, but since a little 'problem'  like this made him put his homey back in the box, maybe that's not such a  bad decision. 
  • @fire69 for me it's not a little problem, so why say something like that, that's not very kind. not everyone is so śmart like you. 
  • Reemster said:
    @fire69 for me it's not a little problem, so why say something like that, that's not very kind. not everyone is so śmart like you. 
    Reemster said:
    @Fire69 doing it not right?  :D its not that difficult .. 

Homey says that he is connected to the Wifi, and after that nothing. So i think i can't doing more than that.

But thanks for the support guys. For now, homey stays in the box for a while 
    We're trying to help you, but you're not helping us...
    I suggest a possible solution and you laugh it away.  Instead of saying you did or did not try it already.
    Instead, your solution is to put Homey back in the box.  Plus you say it sucks because the basics aren't working while the basics are working just fine.

See why I said what I said?
  • I seem to experience the same issue as op now.

My homey has been running fine for weeks, but today after rebooting the setup won't complete. Homey keeps on looking for updates.

I am on the correct network and I have followed all the exact same steps as other times when rebooting.
  • ReemsterReemster Member
    edited March 2016
    I try a other AP (a simple TP-Link) but still i have the same problem. i have no idea what i must do for now.

And ofcourse, i'm on the same (wifi) network, where Homey is connected. i have reboot Homey for 30 times now (i hope that's not a big problem for the hardware..) i tried Firefox browser (instead of Chrome) a new AP,  Other OS, a other network IPrange, other DNS..

I can ping Homey after he says that he is connected. When i browse to homey's IP, i only see the message.

Homey Setup

1. Please connect your computer to your Wi-Fi network.
    2. Visit https://setup.athom.com to connect Homey to your Wi-Fi network.
    Can you please post the console screen and the network screen of your Developer tools in Chrome? 
  • Maybe its good to know what happens when you visit https;//setup.athom.com does this go as expected?
  • I get a similar screen when I go to https://setup.athom.com/ . What happens if you go to https://my.athom.com/
  • cnvissercnvisser Member
    edited March 2016
    I had the same issue, I solved it by connecting my laptop to the same 2.4g WiFi network, instead of 5g where homey isn't residing. Even if it's the same ssid. Disable 5g for the setup.
    edited March 2016
    @fuzzybear yes, everything works like expected. 
    @BasVanDenBosch When i go to my.athom.com i get a message that i don't have access to any Homey
    @Emile Here are the screenshots. is it a DNS problem? 

@Reemster, can you click on the latest 'updates/' entry, select 'Response' and post a screenshot of that?
  • For the people with the same problem. It's a known bug what will be crushed in the next update.
  • Reemster said:
    For the people with the same problem. It's a known bug what will be crushed in the next update.
    Though how will we get to the next update when the looking for updates mechanism fails? :tongue: 
    edited March 2016
    Reemster said:
    For the people with the same problem. It's a known bug what will be crushed in the next update.
    Though how will we get to the next update when the looking for updates mechanism fails? tongue 
    I ask Emile the exact same question (in dutch) and i get a dutch reply back from him:

"Jawel! Die fix update de updater vanuit de browser, so to say :smile: "  

english translation: it's possible because Homey's awesomeness, so to say :smile: 
  • fuzzybearfuzzybear Member
    edited March 2016
    I think their trying to say the problem is also a server side (updater) problem not only in the homey firmware. btw thanks for letting us know the outcome. 
  • MartijnHarteMartijnHarte Member
    edited April 2016
    @Emile when can we expect this update? Is this fixed in .27?
  • Unfortunately same issue here, and Homey and PC is connected to the SAME WiFi network, checking and checking for updates... Any help yet?
  • Unfortunately same issue here, and Homey and PC is connected to the SAME WiFi network, checking and checking for updates... Any help yet?
    This should be fixed. What steps did you take?

What happens when you hold homey upside down for 10 seconds (rebooting)?
  • I have exactly the same issue. 

Whent to setup.athom.com
    changed to Homeysetup SSID
    selected my homes normal SSID and enter password.
    homey acknowledged that the network was connected.
    connected my laptop to the same network.
    only after I had done that the screen changed to the message homey is checking for updates, please wait. 
    Let it run for over 30 minutes without any effect.
    as I' not yet in the EULA step going to my.athom.com has no use as my homey is not yet registered to my account.

• Turning my homey upside down for 10 seconds gives absolutely no response. Unplugging the power from the homey and plugging it back in makes the setup process start over (with the same result).
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited April 2016
    Set homey on his 3 legs, plug power, let homey boot for a few(!) seconds, then turn homey upside down and let it do his magic.