This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Fibaro Support

Guys,

It's an absolute must that we support the Fibaro modules...

http://www.fibaro.com

They make some awesome sensors at a good price, especially the multi sensor.

Please also remember that we'll need system statuses, i.e. if it rains, we can set a 'has rained' status for a set amount of time that we can use in other rules.

Cannot wait for Homey.

Mark

Comments

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    Fibaro will be supported :)
  • Perfecto Emile! Good work ;-)
  • Hi Emile,

I've noticed that you received a bunch of demo modules/sensors from Fibaro to make sure Homey works perfect with the Fibaro, which is great!

I'm just wondering, since I have only seen modules/sensors like the; smoke sensor, flood sensor, motion sensor, wall plug and roller shutter/gate controller at the picture in update 14 on Kickstarter. Will Homey also be able to control modules like; Universal Dimmer 500W, RGBW Controller, Relay Switch 2x1.5kW, Relay Switch 1x3kW (and Door/Window Sensor, Universal Binary Sensor)? Especially the build-in modules such as the dimmer, RGBW controller and relay switches will be very important for me to collaborate with Homey.

Are there any mayor differences that Homey can't and the HC2 can do? Such as live energy measurement (though the Fibaro modules), temperature measurement, etc? Also, is it possible to do a wireless back-up from Homey's data in case of something happens?

Really can't wait for homey!

Lesley
    We haven't been able to test all Fibaro products yet, but of course we aim to support all of them. As they use Z-Wave, at least their core functionality is most definitely supported. About their extra features: we aim to.

Homey's settings can be back-upped to the 'cloud', if you want to. For the other requests: the flow editor supports these, yeah.
  • Sounds great Emile! Let's make 2015 a Homey Great year!
  • vsubvsub Member
    edited May 2015

To follow up on the Fibaro support: can Homey use the analog inputs of the FGRGBWM-441 controller as triggers/conditions? I've used one with a RGBW-ledstrip (under the bed) and HC-SR501 PIR (costs less than 3 euro), connected to a RaZberry using HomeGenie software, but can't get the software to recognize the analog inputs...

More information on configuring the controller to use the 4 inputs as analog input can be found here:

• AthomeyAthomey Member

+1

• djeskodjesko Member

+1

• Fire69Fire69 Member
    edited May 2015

I found out a couple of days ago that most Fibaro-modules can work without anything (light, motor,...) attached (so just 230v and a switch) .
    This is probably because they also support switching scenes.
    I was wondering now, can we use this to our advantage and use it to control Hue-lights? So without physically connecting the Hue to the module?
    When you use the switch that's connected to the module to turn on/off/dim the light, is a signal sent from the module that is received by Homey?
    Is so, this could be used to then control a Hue accordingly through Homey.

Hopefully I'm making some sense here :D

• MarcoFMarcoF Member

I actually do that in our living room to switch the main lights above the Dining Table with the main light switch where we enter the living room.

This works great!

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited May 2015

here some more info;
    I change the wiring of the dining table lamp. The black switch cable is disconnected from the wall switch and connected to 230V so the lights sockets always have 230V.

Then i connected the black switch cable to S1 of the fibaro module and powered the module to connect L&N.
    Now if you switch the wall light switch, the fibaro module will be triggered.

Now screw the HUE bulb in place, it will light up(because the socket has continuously 230V on it) and you are able to "switch" it with the HUE app.

After that i installed the HUE app on my Vera3 and added some custom code that;

1. watches the fibaro module to be triggered
    2. if the fibaro module is triggered on; set HUE lamp setDimLevel(1), setColorTemperature(90), setDimLevel(50)
    3. if the fibaro module is triggered off; set HUE lamp setDimLevel(0)

Now if you switch the wall lightswitch, the fibaro module will be triggered, the vera3 notices the triggered, runs the custom code and sets the HUE light bulb to the desired DimLevel and ColorTemperature

• Fire69Fire69 Member

Awesome!!

Emile, get to work! :P

Is there any noticeable delay when using the switch?

• MarcoFMarcoF Member

There's some delay, but I think that the main is caused by the HUE system.

• SkorpionSkorpion Member
    edited July 2015

Did you use a Fibaro relay module for this or a dimmer module (if this is even possible?) ?

Edit:
    I found out that the Fibaro Dimmer module cannot be used without a lamp attached.

• Fire69Fire69 Member

That's too bad. I think a relay-module can only send on/off commands (except for scenes) so it won't be possible to use the switch to dim the lights. Pushing the button for a longer time won't have any effect...

Holy shit that's hacky, but really creative.

With Homey you can also buy a Klikaanklikuit or any other supported brand wall switch, and then make a flow that triggers when you've pressed it..

• Fire69Fire69 Member

Will that work for KaKu dimmers to actually dim the lights?

How do you mean?

• Fire69Fire69 Member

If you install a KaKu dimmer, but don't physically connect it to the light it needs to control. Same way as what MarcoF already did with a normal Fibaro relay.
    If you then push the switch for a longer time, will Homey be able to dim the light that is 'linked' to the dimmer?

Ha like that! I'm not sure about pressing it for a longer time, but you can link it to whatever action you want when you press it once.

• @Skorpio and the rest: Fibaro Dimmer can be used fine without a light attached, as long as you give it a neutral wire connected OR if instead of a light you give it a fairly high resistor in series connected instead of a light. ROBBshop even sells those separately. I've got most of them without lights connected, controlling Hue's.

• For all i know kaku doesnt send updates when switched through a button. So this doesnt work with kaku right?

Homey can receive the button press signal though :)

• Fire69Fire69 Member

Athomey said:
    @Skorpio and the rest: Fibaro Dimmer can be used fine without a light attached, as long as you give it a neutral wire connected OR if instead of a light you give it a fairly high resistor in series connected instead of a light. ROBBshop even sells those separately. I've got most of them without lights connected, controlling Hue's.

Nice! That way I can use normal switches and still control my Hues

• The question is if the KaKu switch keeps on sending the signal if you keep the button pressed.
    Maybe then Homey can react to the stream if the incoming signals?

• @emile: If i connect my 'normal' momentary switch to a kakudimmer and press the button Homey can see that? How? As far as I know the dimmer-modules from Kaku dont send a signal when switched from the attached momentary switch right? In the case of the zwave module the module sends a signal so I understand how that works. If the kaku works then theres a way cheaper option than z-wave :)

@Athomey, how do you dim the hues now?

• Fire69Fire69 Member

I'm looking for a solution so I can keep using switches in the same design as the ones I have now (Niko)
    I'm just going to replace the toggle switches I have now with momentary switches. Did this already for my roller shutters (I installed Fibaro modules and use them with my Almond+)
    I don't want several different types of switches, that's ugly and my wife would kill me ;-)

• I have fibaro modules build in behind all my switches.
    With the fibaro relay switch it is possible to control another dimmable light. Just set parameter 15 to value 1. (manual: [http://www.fibaro.com/manuals/en/FGS221-Relay-Switch-2x1.5kW/FGS221-Relay-Switch-2x1.5kW-en-1.4-1.7.pdf])
    These modules report all status-updates to the controller associated on group 3 of the device. And these status updates can trigger flows / events that control hue / kaku / z-wave / other systems.

This is why setting z-wave parameters is an important feature on a z-wave controller device like Homey.

• Fire69Fire69 Member

I read what parameter 15 does and I don't get it :-P
    The relay-module can control a dimmer-module through the controller if associated correctly?