This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

I'm a regular backer and not afraid of bugs!

RoelCollignonRoelCollignon Member
edited March 2016 in Archive

At the moment I feel the need to confess. I'm a regular backer, working in the ICT sector and... not afraid of bugs.

I hope to receive a small update from @Emile this week with a shipment date update. So before this moment I wanted to ask this: Is there a possibility to send me a "buggy" homey? I don't need a bug free device! The reason I backed Athom's Homey is because I really believe in this project. The same as when I backed the Pebble Time project. This watch was buggy and awful! It just nearly worked. BUT when you look at this original Pebble then and now this is a world of difference.

I firmly believe that Homey will be the same project! But give me the chance to be part of the testing/bug finding/sometimes frustrated community. Just to help Athom to become better!

So my question to @Emile and the Athom team is to give regular backers the chance to be part of the Homey owning community. I have this gut feeling I'm not the only one.

Looking forward to receive an update. +1 of you have the same feeling!

Comments

• +1
  • +1
  • tunftunf Member
    +1
  • +1
  • NrealNreal Member
    +1
  • My thoughts exactly! So +1 for me too! 
  • DenWDenW Member
    +1 (Pre-orderer, would-have-been Backer.. :smile: )
  • JaxcJaxc Member
    +1
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited March 2016
    1 week ago I suggested almost the same to Stefan and the "only" response was that shipment depends on all sorts of (business) agreements (around the company).
  • honeyhoney Member
    @MarcoF Could you please expand? What shipment, beta, KS or in general?
  • @honey;
    I didn't get that detailed info. I asked for "splitting the groups", but that was impossible.

Also asked of I could get some sort of guarantee that i would receive my Homey as Early bid on/before 18-3-2016 but that was also impossible. 
  • same here I have also asked them to consider not delaying further due to software bugs for the people that want delivery. Still waiting for a final decision to be made.
  • +1
  • VincentVincent Member
    edited March 2016
    I don't understand why people are asking for splitting the group. Athom has already confirmed they are splitting the group:
    No hard estimates, 'cause we won't make them anyway ;-) All remaining Kickstarter orders (within Europe) will be shipped within 2 to 4 weeks, when we feel most killer bugs have been solved.
    For the Pre-orders, in a few weeks, we will give you a choice to receive your Homey shortly after the Kickstarter backers, or wait somewhat longer until Homey is more mature and gives you a better `retail-like` experience.
    This way everyone can decide for themselves whether they agree on receiving a bèta product. By delaying your own order, you are giving more room for the beta-group to help us find bugs and develop apps sooner.

• Vincent said:
    I don't understand. They are splitting the group:

+1
  • honeyhoney Member
    I don`t understand either. I understand why they don`t want to split the KS group (although that would be sensible too). I am happy with the progress they make and the development, I am really positive about that. The guys really deserve the recognition for that, but the communication...
    I have asked here why they still misleading the new customers with the March delivery. Total ignore and still no change on their website... And than wondering why people get aggressive. I can`t back the guys on this, it is totally in their control.
  • +1
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited March 2016
    @Vincent ;
    The KS group won't be split and my question was why Pre-order is split and the KS not.
    Also asked why the won't ship and/or on which point in time the want to ship OR which bug(s) need to be fixed before the want to ship and i didn't got (clear) answer.

The only thing that was clear that the want to wait with shipment until homey better meets Athom's standards.
  • They're splitting the pre-order group. This is about the early bird and regular backer. I know some of the backers are not this envolved as others. The less envolved might want a more mature product and don't feel much in helping grow Homey. On the other hand there are a lot of early birds and regular backers who are as geeky as the geek backers.

So also devide the early birds and regular backers.

For me it's a question to become more involved and participate in the Homey Community. It's about a positive sound (the're are already enough people who are complaining).

+1 If you like the idea!
  • +1
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    edited March 2016
    We hear you <3

Friday is another Kickstarter update (we aim to do bi-weekly now). As of now it seems we're going to make the promised shipment dates mentioned in the previous update. Count on 2 to 3 weeks from today, it depends a bit on how the update we're shipping today will be received.

And don't worry, there'll still be bugs ;-)
  • tunftunf Member
    i'm counting for one more week as mentioned, 2 in worst case, not 2 to 3 from this week!
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    A week ago I said 2-4 weeks from then, sounds fair, right?
  • Emile.... 22 months ago... ok, never mind :smile: 

:heart: 

• RoelCollignonRoelCollignon Member
    edited March 2016
    Emile said:
    We hear you 3

Friday is another Kickstarter update (we aim to do bi-weekly now). As of now it seems we're going to make the promised shipment dates mentioned in the previous update. Count on 2 to 3 weeks from today, it depends a bit on how the update we're shipping today will be received.

And don't worry, there'll still be bugs ;-)
    Thanks @Emile ;! I think the less positive remarks (@tunf and @MarcoF ) is just a way for them to let know they want to participate in the Homey owning community as wel!

Stay positive guys! It's the last mile (that allways hard to take).

-edited a typo-
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited March 2016
    I'm waiting on the MM retail release :smile: 

More = Less, Less = More

:heart: 
  • It is always few weeks away. I feel like a stupid donkey, can almost bite the carrot but the distance between me and the carrot is constant. The position of the carrot should be constant.

"depends a BIT on how the update we're shipping today will be received." Back to the fog.

• well with more homey's out there, there will be more bugs found. Athom needs time to fix these bugs. I understand that it is better to split the delivery's, zo bug reporting is more manageable.
This discussion has been closed.