This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Official IFTTT support

EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
Just a heads up that IFTTT has contacted us and we're now in the progress of making Homey an official channel. Whoo!

No ETA questions please, it's finished when it's finished ;-)

Comments

• great news!
  • Awesome, congratulations!
  • Very nice!
  • Awesome!
  • Toppie!!!
  • ETA? (kidding!)  :smile: 
  • Indeed very good news. Gets you guys also more in the open...:)
  • Nice!
    Thanks for the update.
  • That is great news & additionally a nice potential sales channel (prospects / footprint). 
  • tunftunf Member
    Great step, now lets hope this is the begining of more happy news this week.
  • Congrats! 
  • tunf said:
    Don't count on it....
  • MarcoF said:
    tunf said:
    Don't count on it....
    What's your problem ?
    90% of what you say is flaming/bitching/negative crap. A couple of comments back you said you would leave with "Bye guys" and you also said you will stick to your choice. How old are you man ? Do everyone a favor and just leave like you said you will :) 
  • kitkat said:
    MarcoF said:
    tunf said:
    Don't count on it....
    What's your problem ?
    90% of what you say is flaming/bitching/negative crap. A couple of comments back you said you would leave with "Bye guys" and you also said you will stick to your choice. How old are you man ? Do everyone a favor and just leave like you said you will :) 
    I agree with kitkat. That comment doesn't really add any value to this thread.
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited March 2016
    +1 to @kitkat and :heart: to all of you :smile: 
     I'm really pleased with the IFTTT channel and really hope Homey will reach Retail very soon.

Had a great and clear chat with Stefan and the were really disappointed if i left the community...
    The chat made a lot of things clear

But i believe you guys can mis me :heart: 

• PimBliekPimBliek Member
    edited April 2016
    I tested the IFTTT channel today and cannot get it to work. I have an event with the following JSON object:
    {"even":"test"}
    I copied all the info from the webhook into the settings of IFTTT in Homey... (URL, ID, Secret).

On http://developers.athom.com/webhooks/ is registers that there was a call to it, the counter goes up with every call.
    But on Homey nothing happens. I created a flow like this but nothing happens:

What am I doing wrong?

• RobinRobin Member
    PimBliek said:
    I tested the IFTTT channel today and cannot get it to work. I have an event with the following JSON object:
    {"even":"test"}
    I copied all the info from the webhook into the settings of IFTTT in Homey... (URL, ID, Secret).

On http://developers.athom.com/webhooks/ is registers that there was a call to it, the counter goes up with every call.
    But on Homey nothing happens. I created a flow like this but nothing happens:

What am I doing wrong?

Did you also edit the webhook to 'return true;' (see text edit box below webhook secret etc.)
  • PeaoPeao Member
    And you set Method at IFTTT to "POST" ?
  • Robin said:
    Did you also edit the webhook to 'return true;' (see text edit box below webhook secret etc.)
    Thanks, that did the trick!
  • Variables - is it currently possible to pass through variables? E.g. whenever an email has been received read the header.
  • RobinRobin Member
    No, I was planning to add that later on, however recently we got the go for the official IFTTT channel, so we will be focussing on that.
  • Robin said:
    No, I was planning to add that later on, however recently we got the go for the official IFTTT channel, so we will be focussing on that.
    Thanks Robin. Makes sense!
  • MG11MG11 Member
    Hello guys. Everything works fine but every IFTTT recipe fires 3 times. Means the according flow inside Homey repeats 3 times! Any idea?
  • IFTTT can at times be fairly unreliable...
  • Assuming IFTTT sends three "on" commands : you could create a variable f1 which you set to 0. Then in the flow with the action set an "and" for the variable is 0 and in the action increase the variable. one (or two or three) second(s) after the action set the variable back to 0...
  • MG11MG11 Member
    Well. The webhook page shows me only 1 request. But Homey releases the according flow 3 times. So this shouldn't be an IFTTT issue. Strange.
  • My kaku doorsensors also yell 3 times so it does not have to be IFTTT?
  • MG11MG11 Member
    Rocodamelshe  
    since IFTTT triggers only once (you can check this on the webhook-page) I suppose this is a Homey issue.
  • That's what I meant. Kaku gives 1 call to my Homewizard and Homewizard gives 1 call to my iPhone. Homey however yells 3 times the message he supposed to yell once.
  • My kaku doorsensors also yell 3 times so it does not have to be IFTTT?
    What sensor do you have? Mine only triggers once...