The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.
This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
[PUBLISHED] iCalender to Voice App (v0.9.0)
iCalendar to Voice
The iCalendar to Voice App is the missing link between your online (cloud) calendar and Athom's fantastic Homey product. This app adds flow cards and voice triggers that enable Homey to announce your (iCal) appointments and emit triggers so you can run flows based on appointments in your calendars.
The iCalendar to Voice App enables your Homey to:
- Trigger flows based on upcoming events in your calendar.
- Announce your full schedule for today, tomorrow or a specific day of the week.
- Announce your remaining schedule for today.
- Announce your next appointment.
- Announce your first appointment of tomorrow.
2. Supported Languages
The iCalendar to Voice App currently supports both English and Dutch languages.
Please contact me, if you want to help translate the iCalendar to Voice App to other languages.
3. Native Voice Triggers (v0.1.4+)
The iCalendar to Voice App supports native voice triggers. Trigger keywords are in bold.
Try asking: OK, Homey:
- What is my schedule/calendar like?
- What is my schedule/calendar for today/tomorrow/sunday/monday/tuesday/wednesday/thursday/friday/saturday?
- What is my next appointment?
- What is my first appointment for tomorrow?
You can alter the input to your liking, as long as you use the bolded keywords in the sentence.
4.1 Install the iCalendar to Voice app
On your Homey's interface go to "Setting > Apps" and find and install the iCalendar to Voice app. After the app is installed, you have access to its settings through the Settings screen and to the App itself from the Apps list on the Flows screen: iCalendar to Voice.
4.2 Configure your calendar(s)
On your Homey's interface go to "Settings". Select the iCalendar to Voice App. Add your calendar(s) by specifying a name and the link (URL) to your hosted calendar (ICS) file.
4.2.1 Get a Google Calendar URL
You can find the link to your Google Calendar through the following steps:
1. Open Google Calendar and go to Settings:
2. Go to the Calendars tab and click the calendar you want:
3. Right click the green ICAL button and get the Private Address of your calendar by copying the address:
Other ICS calenders should also work. Please let me know if you've tested the App with another online calendar service!
4.3 Create flows
Drag iCalendar to Voice from the Apps list in the sidebar into the "when..." or "...then" column of your flow and select the card you need.
Let Homey announce your next appointment one minute beforehand, when it's between 7 AM and 11 PM
- Fix issue where app falsely reports recurring events.
- Add support for hourly recurring appointments.
- Add support for minutely recurring appointments.
- Add support for secondly recurring appointments.
- Add support for larger recurrence intervals (now 1 is assumed for each event).
- Add support for specific number of recurrences.
- Add support for multiple recurrence cycles per appointment.
- Add support for exclusions.
6. Release history
- Fixed issue that made all calendar triggers fail due to internal Homey changes.
- Added support for native voice triggers.
- Added action flow card to announce your appointments for a specific day of the week.
- Added support for yearly, monthly, weekly and daily recurring appointments.
- Added location to next appointment trigger flow card.
- Fixed announcement of multiple events for today's schedule, today's remaining schedule and tomorrow's schedule.
- Added trigger flow card for next appointment.
- Added action flow card to announce your next appointment.
- Added action flow card to announce your schedule for today.
- Added action flow card to announce your remaining schedule for today.
- Added action flow card to announce your schedule for tomorrow.
- Added action flow card to announce your first appointment for tomorrow.
Kudo's for the node.js lib to parse iCal files go to @peterbraden.
How about doing a bit more? Triggering other apps if the calendar item contains certain words:
Calendar item: blablabla party blablabla
Location: at home
IF calendar item includes "Party" and location includes "home"» Change a variable to a party mode (by the Better Logic app)» set party lighting mood, certain music, shut blinds etc.
Do similar things with holiday, official bank holiday, holiday away.
But if we have an x minutes before appointment card, I think that at least allows this to be built in the future :-).
So we'd need a way to differentiate between them
Who will have their birthdays in de coming week? Got the birthdays of my Facebook friends in google calendar. This wil give me time to think of some present before it's too late and I only can wish them a happy birthday via WhatsApp or Facebook.
And wasn't @emile working on Homey calendar functionality?
what´s on the agenda for ´agenda name´
So a appointment is "7.00 work" so the agenda knows it is 15 minutes drive to work and I have 30 minutes to wake upside the alarm is set on 6.15
The initial version of the iCalendar to Voice App (v0.1.0) has been submitted for approval. It contains the following features:
I'm very much looking forward to your feedback! Feel free to comment here in this thread.
Ask yourself if you'd really want a girlfriend like her.
Don't expect too much! For now all calendar items are combined into one list. So the next appointment would be the single one closest to now from all calendars.
In a future release I'm thinking about announcing the name of the calendar before the appointment. What do you think?
Same problem here.
I'm starting to suspect @brinkie is doing something 'wrong' because his Harmony app has the same problem.
Although that app does get installed despite the error.
I wonder how Athom validates the apps for the store. They should notice this, right?
Anyone else has this problem?
Installing through cli seems to complete without problems.
Error while installing through the appstore.
Not really planning on doing that
But I'm updating Homey now, so this test will have to wait a little
Still no install though
Version 0.1.0 of the iCalendar to Voice App is now available in the App Store (and installs successfully ).
The previous version was published unsuccessfully, possibly due to the fact I used IE to publish it. Athom is looking into it.
 Updated the start post with info on this release.
I guess you'll have to do the same for your Harmony app
I will. The promissed update will be submitted tonight.
Great app again brinkie ...
Made a flow with the words 'schedule' and 'today'.
When I use it, Homey first says 'Today is Tuesday, the 8th of March, 2016'
After that he goes on with 'You have no more appointments today'
Not related to your app of course, but this will become a problem in the future I guess