The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.
This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
[PUBLISHED] iCalender to Voice App (v0.9.0)
iCalendar to Voice
The iCalendar to Voice App is the missing link between your online (cloud) calendar and Athom's fantastic Homey product. This app adds flow cards and voice triggers that enable Homey to announce your (iCal) appointments and emit triggers so you can run flows based on appointments in your calendars.
The iCalendar to Voice App enables your Homey to:
- Trigger flows based on upcoming events in your calendar.
- Announce your full schedule for today, tomorrow or a specific day of the week.
- Announce your remaining schedule for today.
- Announce your next appointment.
- Announce your first appointment of tomorrow.
The iCalendar to Voice App currently supports both English and Dutch languages.
Please contact me, if you want to help translate the iCalendar to Voice App to other languages.
The iCalendar to Voice App supports native voice triggers. Trigger keywords are in bold.
Try asking: OK, Homey:
- What is my schedule/calendar like?
- What is my schedule/calendar for today/tomorrow/sunday/monday/tuesday/wednesday/thursday/friday/saturday?
- What is my next appointment?
- What is my first appointment for tomorrow?
You can alter the input to your liking, as long as you use the bolded keywords in the sentence.
On your Homey's interface go to "Setting > Apps" and find and install the iCalendar to Voice app. After the app is installed, you have access to its settings through the Settings screen and to the App itself from the Apps list on the Flows screen: iCalendar to Voice.
You can find the link to your Google Calendar through the following steps:
Other ICS calenders should also work. Please let me know if you've tested the App with another online calendar service!
Drag iCalendar to Voice from the Apps list in the sidebar into the "when..." or "...then" column of your flow and select the card you need.
- Fix issue where app falsely reports recurring events.
- Add support for hourly recurring appointments.
- Add support for minutely recurring appointments.
- Add support for secondly recurring appointments.
- Add support for larger recurrence intervals (now 1 is assumed for each event).
- Add support for specific number of recurrences.
- Add support for multiple recurrence cycles per appointment.
- Add support for exclusions.
- Fixed issue that made all calendar triggers fail due to internal Homey changes.
- Added support for native voice triggers.
- Added action flow card to announce your appointments for a specific day of the week.
- Added support for yearly, monthly, weekly and daily recurring appointments.
- Added location to next appointment trigger flow card.
- Fixed announcement of multiple events for today's schedule, today's remaining schedule and tomorrow's schedule.
- Added trigger flow card for next appointment.
- Added action flow card to announce your next appointment.
- Added action flow card to announce your schedule for today.
- Added action flow card to announce your remaining schedule for today.
- Added action flow card to announce your schedule for tomorrow.
- Added action flow card to announce your first appointment for tomorrow.
Kudo's for the node.js lib to parse iCal files go to @peterbraden.