This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official SDK2

[APP] Kodi [2.2.0]

Comments

• Fire69 said:
    Tried several movies hrre, they all worked from the first try. Iron man 2 (especially tried 2 to see if that would work). Even Victor Frankenstein was recognized :smile: 
    Yeah I implemented some sort of fuzzy lookup algorithm that searches for the 'most likely hit' and plays that movie. Glad to hear it is working well. 
  • New version @ Github:
    - Implemented pause / resume functionality including flow actions / triggers
  • Is there a speech trigger also?
  • EvertorNEvertorN Member
    edited March 2016
    Fire69 said:
    Is there a speech trigger also?
    Yeah I added it to the github readme:

Speech support

• "Play movie Finding Nemo"
    • "Pause"
    • "Resume" (prevent interference with 'play')
    Although homey has a hard time understanding 'pause' and 'resume'. I think this will be improved by Athom now they are finetuning the speech module
  • You should add 'Stop movie' too  :p
  • Fire69 said:
    You should add 'Stop movie' too  :p
    As in complete stop the playback? Or as trigger to pause?
  • Complete stop please.
    Sometimes we start watching with the kids, but don't complete the movie (bedtime, ...). It would be nice to stop the movie instead of pause it.  Because my Hyperion stays active otherwise  :p
  • PhuturistPhuturist Member
    edited March 2016
    EvertorN said:
    New version @ Github:
    Hello EvertorN, there is now a card with trigger "a movie has been paused / resumed" but I'd like these to be to seperate cards so I can for instance switch a light on  when a movie is paused and switch it back off again when it's resumed.

But very nice job overall, works pretty good!
  • You can also accomplish this with a variable. E.g. When pressed paused/resumed & variable "Paused" = 0, Do set pause = on & set variable "Paused" = 1. Then you can attach actions to this. When you want to resume. When pressed paused/resumed & variable "Paused" = 1, Do set pause = off & set variable "Paused" = 0.

• Phuturist said:
    EvertorN said:
    New version @ Github:
    Hello EvertorN, there is now a card with trigger "a movie has been paused / resumed" but I'd like these to be to seperate cards so I can for instance switch a light on  when a movie is paused and switch it back off again when it's resumed.

But very nice job overall, works pretty good!
    Yeah I will add that later. I will have to keep track of the state, because Kodi doesn't have a pause or resume function, but more of a toggle functionality (PlayPause). So technically you could pause the movie by saying 'resume' and  vice versa. I have to figure out a nice way to make sure the state doesn't get out of sync. For example, if I pause a movie by the remote it wouldn't set the 'pause' state. It's on the list! :).

Stop functionality will be added as well.. I am also working on music playback, so we can finally do what Athom showed in their kickstarter video ("OK Homey, play some music by Greenday").
  • Is it possible to have toggles for which built in command will trigger. Reason for asking is that I stopped using the Kodi music library the minute I discovered Spotify. I might try playing music from Kodi once this becomes available but eventually I want the trigger "play music by" to start Spotify Connect (assuming that will eventually become available as well) and I don't want it to conflict with the Kodi app.
  • Phuturist said:
    Is it possible to have toggles for which built in command will trigger. Reason for asking is that I stopped using the Kodi music library the minute I discovered Spotify. I might try playing music from Kodi once this becomes available but eventually I want the trigger "play music by" to start Spotify Connect (assuming that will eventually become available as well) and I don't want it to conflict with the Kodi app.
    Speech recognition etc will be finetuned later. The documentation on Homey recognizing devices by speech isn't there yet, so that will be finetuned later. When Athom have improved their speech recognition it should be possible to act on stuff like "Play music by Greenday on Kodi" vs "Play music by Greenday on Spotify"
  • What do I have to do to help testing? KODI is the app I'm waiting for (3 systems in my house). I did the installation mentioned on the developer site. Do I have to copy all files from github to a self created project?

Hope someone can help me in the correct direction
  • What do I have to do to help testing? KODI is the app I'm waiting for (3 systems in my house). I did the installation mentioned on the developer site. Do I have to copy all files from github to a self created project?

Hope someone can help me in the correct direction
    Just create a seperate directory (e.g. KodiTest) in your working folder (default C:/Users/Username) and copy the sources in there. Then
    run the following command from the commandline
    athom project --install KodiTest

The parameter after install should match the folder you have created in your working folder.
  • First install the needed software: https://developers.athom.com/library/getting-started

Then download the zip from github. 
    Unzip it somewhere, open a command prompt and navigate to that folder. 
    Then you enter 'athom project --install' 

Done :smiley: 
  • Okay thx will try
  • Thanks guys it's working!

My wishlist for christmas: (just things that I'm using often on kodi)

Multi kodi's
    Music (start,stop,pauze,playlist,genre,next)
    Live TV
    Radio
    Addon's (youtube,exodus,soundcloud,shoucast)
    Weather (show,speak weather)
    Pictures (play dia show)
    reboot, shutdown, update

@EvertorN thanks for making this great addon
  • Lol, so just about everything that Kodi can  do  :#
  • Thanks guys it's working!

My wishlist for christmas: (just things that I'm using often on kodi)

Multi kodi's
    Music (start,stop,pauze,playlist,genre,next)
    Live TV
    Radio
    Addon's (youtube,exodus,soundcloud,shoucast)
    Weather (show,speak weather)
    Pictures (play dia show)
    reboot, shutdown, update

@EvertorN thanks for making this great addon
    No worries!

I am already working on Music support. Hope to get it working somewhere this week. Things lke photos, shutdown, reboot etc should be fairly simple to add.

Multiple Kodi's will be added as soon as Homey's api supports devices / zones when parsing speech. All the code is already prepared for this, so whenever that's done it should be easy to add :).

How do you listen to radio? Is this natively supported by kodi? Or is this an addon? The thing with addons is that I am not sure whether it is possible to send commands to them. Native functionality in Kodi is perfectly accessible. I will have to look into that after I get the basic functionality working :).
  • Yep  :)

I know most of them will probably never work from homey and that's no problem still have my logitech harmony for that

• @EvertorN ;

Live TV and radio are native but do need a PVR client to be installed
    using this for DIY ambi light on my tv see link (dutch)
    http://www.tweaking4all.nl/thuis-bioscoop/xbmc/xbmc-boblight-openelec-ws2811-ws2812/#result_video

Nice to hear that you are already working on music and indeed movie and music are the most important ones the rest is a bonus

• You use Boblight or Hyperion?
  • boblight
  • Unfortunately I don't have a PVR client so it would be hard (impossible) to develop this myself.. Perhaps some more peepz will help me with this app after I released it in the app store
  • New version @ Github

Changelog:
    - Added seperate flow triggers for pause and resume
    - Added stop functionality + flow action / trigger. (Say "Stop").
  • Thanks, going to test it now.  :)
    Won't the 'stop' trigger interfere with the build-in command?
  • And added a new version. Added experimental music support. Only playing by artist is supported. It can be triggered by 'play music by artist Armin van Buuren'. This will generate a playlist based on songs by the artist and starts playing it.

@Fire69 Stop doesn't interfere with the build in command for me. I will change this to 'stop kodi' or something similar once the speech recognition has been improved.
  • 'stop' seems to work just fine :)
    And playing music also :)
  • Would it be possible to rewind a certain amount of seconds on resuming playback? (If you're keeping track of the current state)
    Since I assume that you might be missing the last bit of the movie/show/music when telling your Homey to pause and waiting for it to process the command. Or is this not an issue?
  • Hm I think it would be possible. Speech recognition of Homey needs to improved before I will actually seriously use this app.. Then we can see if it really is a problem.. I don't really think you'd be really missing out on anything if homey just triggers and listens as expected, but time will tell :)