This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

New shipment date for Homey?

Comments

• Sommo said:
    hi ppl!
    i don't understand the shipment status, i backed for 229E, and my backed number is 600 of 996(total) and i'm in europe.
    where am i in queue shipment status? i'm not pushing to speed up production, just asking :)
    good work and good day to all!
    https://forum.athom.com/discussion/555/shipment-software-status#latest
  • Sommo said:
    hi ppl!
    i don't understand the shipment status, i backed for 229E, and my backed number is 600 of 996(total) and i'm in europe.
    where am i in queue shipment status? i'm not pushing to speed up production, just asking :)
    "Regular € 229,- & Early Bird € 199,- & Super Early Bird € 179,- (400 pcs)"

Regular backer... that's you. So you should be in the next batch (which, according to the kickstarter update, is approx. 3 weeks away)...
  • I think Athom should adjust the estimated delivery time of a pre-oder form March to April. It's better to over perform instead of under perform. If you read the update from Emile closely the chance that a pre-order is shipped in March is very little, i don't think it's even achievable. 
  • WathLamersWathLamers Member
    edited February 2016
    Bumblez said:
    Sommo said:
    hi ppl!
    where am i in queue shipment status? i'm not pushing to speed up production, just asking
    "Regular € 229,- & Early Bird € 199,- & Super Early Bird € 179,- (400 pcs)"

Regular backer... that's you. So you should be in the next batch (which, according to the kickstarter update, is approx. 3 weeks away)...
    2 weeks  emile said....
    stay positive...    ;) o:)
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited February 2016
    Where did Emile said 2 weeks?

And 3 weeks is more positive then 2 weeks :smile: 

So 3 weeks and positive please :smile: 

• MarcoF said:
    Where did Emile said 2 weeks?

And 3 weeks is more positive then 2 weeks :smile: 

So 3 weeks and positive please :smile: 

Update 21-02-2016 20:16
    We're still working on fixing most bugs. The next batches (Regular, Early Bird & Very Early Bird) will be shipped when we think Homey is stable enough for those users. We hope to be there in two weeks, but we don't know for sure.

A few weeks after those have been sent, and no new big issues arrive, the pre-orders and non-europe backers will be shipped.

:p
  • what? 3 weeks is more positive then two weeks?
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited February 2016
    He said;
    We hope to be there in two weeks, but we don't know for sure

He didn't said:

2 weeks  

So if we say 3 weeks and the deliver within 2, then we have a Party  :D 

These twists of words is where it goes wrong....

• MarcoF said:
    He said;
    We hope to be there in two weeks, but we don't know for sure

He didn't said:

2 weeks  

So if we say 3 weeks and the deliver within 2, then we have a Party <3

that my interpretation....   i want to be positive,       and positive thinking is two weeks.    
    But proberbly they will let you wait tree weeks...   to much comment....       ;) :D
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited February 2016
    Its positive to communicate a reasonable shipment date based on what users want to read.

But if you add one more week, then the company can say; So look at us, we worked our asses off, everything want above expected, we are VERY pleased with the result AND(!!!) we can ship one whole week earlier!!!!

PARTIE TIME!!!!!!! 

I think my Homey is deliverd first in the (super) Early Bird batch and i get a very special personal note from every Athom employee :blush: 

• I think it's gonna be 10 weeks for the preoders ;-) We'll just have to be patient guys!
  • Any news on the shipment matter? 
    You hoped to ship within 2weeks, but 3 weeks we also can handle :smile: 
  • for the bugs that all around is talking about, hope that the next ship will not be in 2017..
    sorry for this kind of humor.. but i'm really sad, listening all these bugs that are affecting homey...
    i always thought that bugs could be fixed, but now we are talking that homey is at an alpha/early beta stage..
    for the first time in 2 years, i thought to migrate to fibaro hub.. and use siri..
    hope that all shittibugs could be killed by software update....
    all we can do is to wish goodwork to Athom! (positive at last) :smile: 
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited February 2016
    @Emile could you give us a heads up on how athom sees shipment for the next weeks/months? 
  • @MarcoF : He did six days ago on kickstarter and by email...
    @Sommo : Not even 48 hrs ago they released an experimental firmware (0.8.20). As it's experimental one can expect there's still some bugs (and quite some bugs solved)...

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited February 2016
    Yes I know and he said we hope to ship within 2 weeks. We now are 1 week further and if everything is on schedule, the next batches could be shipped at the end of the upcoming week.

I see you are a geek, so shipment is not relevant for you :wink: 

"expectation management"
    Bye saying now that there's some delay, it can prevent disappointments.

But if I'm asking to much, forgot I've asked it and I will wait :smile: 
  • By reading the comments you can prepare for more delay. .8.20 did not solve what is was expected to solve. 8.20 first has to reach mainflow, 8.21 has to be released to experimental first, if that version makes homey listen to 'hey homey', and solve some other major issues and is also moved to mainstream, then you can expect new shipping expectations from athom. I think there is not much speculation in what i write.
  • @ReneBoeije ;
    I think your post creates speculation.

In the 0.8.20 topic I ask for the overall fealing about the update and there the are very positive. 

And if theres a delay, it would be nice to communicate it. 

• As long as the voice trigger isn't working as it should (ie. not at all...), I don't think they will ship.
  • I am affraid you read different thinks  than i do. There improvements, sure. In that way i am happy. But only a few people have so far been able to use speech, which is a showstopper for athom. (I am aware that some users disagree, but it is one of the key selling points.) The issue is, as athom explained, the preorders have other rights. They do want to ship and credit with all costs. Some sugested to give people the option to waive their return right, which makes sense if legally possible.
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited February 2016
    @Fire69 ;;;
    Maybe it's an idea athom disables voice, work 110% on the other issues and if everything is stable the get back to voice again. 

Now nothing is working 100% and even if voice is working 101% you can't use it for example with Kaku/IR because that's isn't working properly.  

@ReneBoeije ;;
    Why do you refer to pre-order if there are still 450 Kickstarter order awaiting for shipment? 
  • I am affraid you read different thinks  than i do. There improvements, sure. In that way i am happy. But only a few people have so far been able to use speech, which is a showstopper for athom. (I am aware that some users disagree, but it is one of the key selling points.) The issue is, as athom explained, the preorders have other rights. They do want to ship and credit with all costs. Some sugested to give people the option to waive their return right, which makes sense if legally possible.
    I believe this is a case of a glass being half empty or half full. People having issues will report it, people that do not (or less) don't. My speech command are working 50% of the time and more users reported these results. It needs improvement but it's not that bad. Athom has said that optimizing the voice recognition takes time. If this effects delivery is up to Athom, these speculations are going nowhere (again).
  • Its quite funny that some members dont see an issue with delaying the purchased Homeys even further. These are mostly comments from people who already have their Homey. I think if they were also still waiting instead of playing with their homey their thought pattern maybe different. Please dont get me wrong but don't forget we have also paid and are still waiting (un)patiently.....

btw I as I think the majority of purchasers realise the product is still in development and as with most home controllers this is an ongoing process that will never be finished. 
  • @fuzzybear I don't think anyone minds more people having their Homey's shipped :) but if people are expecting a finished / matured product it will be a disappointment... As a geek you know what to expect and don't mind it's not working completely...
  • @fuzzybear I don't think anyone minds more people having their Homey's shipped :) but if people are expecting a finished / matured product it will be a disappointment... As a geek you know what to expect and don't mind it's not working completely...
    I totally disagree with you. Being a geek means to have some extra hardware to interact with Homey, not to be a beta tester and get a product that's working only 50% of the time!

@all the peeps still waiting on the homey:
    There is no good reason to have a Homey right now. Some of the basic functions don't work or are not reliable and it's not usable as a daily product....yet! 

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited February 2016
    @BramSloot ;
    Totally agree on the geek part! I'm not interested in the receivers and without the arduino library the are useless. 

I think (and based on the word of my wife) I'm also a so called geek. I want to build some basic apps, but without a homey that's pretty difficult. 

@all
    And on the bottom line I paid for a product and if the product is delayed on software bugs;
    when does athom reach the point on which the say its OK to ship? 

Software is never finished and software will always contain bugs. 

And thats why I asked for a small update on shipment progress/plans. 

Just a simple question that's totally derailing again. 
  • Some geeks may care some may not. Some may see it as a challenge to help the Athom team to get this product up and running as we would all like. But personally I would like the Homey that I have purchased here with me so that I can also play and learn as it develops. For me it is not an issue if only 50% is working and I don't care for comments that don't represent everyone. It would be nice to be given a choice. 
  • DenWDenW Member
    edited February 2016
    I pre-ordered (and later upgraded to GE) because ordering a Kickstart GE simply wasn't available anymore. That does not mean I would not like to be involved in helping iron out the bugs.

Coming from an X10 setup which only functioned half the time, Homey and ZWave can only be an improvement. Even if that too only works half the time. Hell.. at the moment nothing works here, so for me the only way is up.. !
    I am aware that there are legal issues with sending the pre-orders before certain (functional\technical) goals are met, but as I said before I'd hapilly decline those rights. Indeed, I too would welcome a choice in the matter.

That being said, I also firmly believe this is up to Athom. There may be considerations beyond my knowledge why they (have to) choose to not do this. By pre-ordering I have, by choice, put my trust in Athom to deliver a product they are happy to ship. I also could have easily (well.. sort of..) have waited for Homey to be available in stores and know exactly what I was in for, but that simply is not the case.

While I too expected Homey to be in my home at the end of last year and welcome anything that would speed up delivery, I am still happy with my choice and faith in Athom.
  • latschtlatscht Member
    edited February 2016
    Makes two groups. The Beta Group gets the Homey now delivered and the other group receives the Homey when everything works 100%.
  • @latscht ;
    Make that shipment end 2017
This discussion has been closed.