This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

[Feature request] Ability to add an argument to a flow card based on a dynamic dropdown

Hi, I would like to suggest a new type of argument for flow cards. I call it a dynamic dropdown, because it would show a dropdown, but the values in the dropdown would be loaded dynamically by the app.

In context, I'm working on the Harmony Hub app and one of it's flow cards starts a pre-defined activity (e.g. "Watch TV"). 

Consider this: A user drags his Harmony Hub from the sidebar into the "...then" column. One of the cards is used to start an activity, but the name of the activity is configured and stored in the Harmony Hub. I can ask a user to enter the exact (!) name of the activity he want's to start in the flow in a text argument, but I think it would be more user friendly if I could ask him to select the activity from a dropdown list, which the app dynamically filled with the current list of actual (!) activities from the Harmony Hub.

I know there is a "static" dropdown argument available, but that wouldn't fit the purpose here, as the list of activities is user defined. There is an auto-complete argument, which is helpfull but would still require the end user to type something instead of just select it from a list. I'm not sure if it would allow the end user to make a typo or enter an activity that doesn't actually exists, but that would also be user unfriendly in this scenario.

For now I'm going for the auto-complete argument, but would you consider implementing such an argument in the near future, @Emile?

Comments

This discussion has been closed.