This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Version 0.8.18

Comments

• I've tried the /manager/speech-input page, it doesn't respond to anything I type there. The /manager/speech-output works fine, and for 3 of the voices I've installed.
  • MartijnMartijn Member
    edited February 2016
    Hold your horses.. I think (and hoping) with the upcoming update these problems are solved.
    Switching voice or language results a somewhat broken Voice system is a known issue...

The only thing you can try is a reset of Homey and no change of voice after the setup...
  • Allready did reset and did not change voice after setup .i think I wait for the update and see whats happening.
    thx to all of you :-)
  • Sorry @scenarbelgium , I just read back this threat and saw you already did a reset and didn't change the voice.

If you create a flow, with on the left side Microphone (You said anything) and on the right side Speech (drag text label from left Microphone box to the text field on the right)...

Save your flow... name it "Parrot flow" or something like that, it repeats everything you say (if Homey can understand you English ;) )
  • @fire69 the ledring turns to orange but homey Will not answer when using speech-input .
    the page speech output dous not seems to load. 
    Did you use http://<ip>/manager/speech-output?

I had the same problem with the /speech-input.  Had to do a full reset to get it fixed.
    But I suggest you wait for the update in a couple of days, and then see what happens.
  • Can you check the date/time of your homey at settings -> system -> stuff for geeks?
  • @JeroenVollenbrock  do you want Homey time of all our Homeys or only from @scenarbelgium  ;)
  • @fire69 the ledring turns to orange but homey Will not answer when using speech-input .
    the page speech output dous not seems to load. 
    You don't have any flows active, do you?
  • Martijn said:
    @JeroenVollenbrock  do you want Homey time of all our Homeys or only from @scenarbelgium  ;)
    Excuse me, only from  @scenarbelgium :)
  • The time is 2016-02-19T13:21:55 910Z
  • @peao i erased all flows when I did the reset
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    Ah crap, we've found a bug that broke the speech output in some cases. We'll fix it and ship it somewhat later. Sorry!
  • That's a shame... But I'm glad you found it before releasing!
  • @Emile: Is that bug also in the currently released version? (Seeing that a lot of people had troubles...)
  • Later this day,week,month?
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    @jorden could be, I've done a complete rewrite of the voices output :)

@MennoVanDerAat A few days!
  • @Emile ;thanks for the info
    Hope you guys release the logitech harmony app then so I have something to do this weekend other then watch the rainbow colours on my homey
  • likewise, the novelty of talking to the wife via manager/speech-output/ is wearing off ;)

So far its a fancy glowing ball... nothing else works.
  • JohanKusterJohanKuster Member
    edited February 2016
    Emile said:
    Ah crap, we've found a bug that broke the speech output in some cases. We'll fix it and ship it somewhat later. Sorry!
    I asume that the fix will be after the .18 release that should be on my homey when I wake up tomorrow? 
  • I'm going to dream about .18 now....
  • spamenigmaspamenigma Member
    edited February 2016
    Emile said:
    I asume that the fix will be after the .18 release that should be on my homey when I wake up tomorrow? 
    I don't know if this means .18 is delayed or just the fix will come later.... 
  • A load of bugs vs voice not working. @Emile can we as users choose? I don't care about the voice et al. 
  • agree , better than nothing
  • Please, Release the beast and ship next badge :heart: 
  • JohanKusterJohanKuster Member
    edited February 2016
    These will always be a bug that could not be solved. The intervals are way too long. We want releases at regular intervals and stick to the dates that should be pre announced. A few more days hmmm probably a week. I think I will unplug the Homey a wait a few months. Waist of time at the moment.
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited February 2016
    I'm remembering the great First Badge sound of multiple updates a day......
  • What's the use of having a beta channel?
  • Don't get me wrong, I do support the athom team in facing the struggles they run up against. We do need however some form of reliable expectation management on next release dates. Especially when current released versions are under development now as well. E.g. I was only to find out that output speech had a bug and was doen after reading a specific post in a specific discussion on a very busy athom forum. All the best!! Do your thing! But please communicate and manage expectations here since evryone is excited 
  • Don't want to complain but a complete rewrite of speech-output sounds like something big. I've been following every bugreport and every forumthread and speech-output is not something there's much bugs about (except for the volume but I guess this is not the reason why a complete rewrite is necessary. However: IR not working for a lot of people, Bluetooth not working, 433 not stable, Zwave-issues are... At least 433-stability, some of the Zwave-issues and volume-control could have been fixed already?
  • @Emile Is it possible to add somekind of "ownership" security to Homey? Not that I mind people selling their Homey's, (although i wouldn't)  but Homey seems to work for the new owners in an instance. That ofcourse is great for them, BUT in theory someone could  steal a Homey and sell it, without any problems.

Is a stolen Homey traceable for a legit owner or Athom? If not, can you put somekind of security in? Just to be sure, I'm talking about a fysical Homey (ca 299,- euries). :open_mouth: 

I know all it's data is hooked on a athom acoount, i asume that's secured already. :wink: 
This discussion has been closed.