This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

KAKU Doorbell transmitter (ACDB-7000B) support

How can I get the KAKU doorbell transmitter (ACDB-7000B) to work? Can't figure it out

Comments

• I have this one as well. Would like to see support for it in the future.
  • Hi @PimVolkert and @Phuturist ;
    Are you stuck in the pair wizard or is the flow you created with your doorbell not working?
  • Cannt pair it. Actually I cannot pair any of the KAKU transmitters right now (see other post on Wall Switch)
  • Yes, we need support for this, or else when i replace my homewizard i dont have a doorbel anymore if home does not react to it 
  • DennisH said:
    Hi @PimVolkert and @Phuturist ;
    Are you stuck in the pair wizard or is the flow you created with your doorbell not working?
    I'm stuck waiting for a Homey to be able to actually test it ... :smile: 

I read in another topic that a 433Mhz listening function is under development, I assume this would enable the adding of this doorbell transmitter just by ringing the doorbell when Homey is in listening mode.
  • Try to unplug your Homey and plug him back in, there is a big chance this will solve your problem.  ;)
  • jovinkjovink Member
    edited February 2016
    No still no pairing possible
  • @jovink ;
    Are you able to pair other devices by copying from the remote?
  • jovinkjovink Member
    edited February 2016
    Yes I'm.
    I have one wall switch and a couple of other devices paired 
  • Thanks @DennisH Unplugging my Homey helped. I got the doorbell paired . Next step: a flow 
  • Got the same transmitter, hope this one works well with Homey. And hope it's possible to get a push message on my phone with the ding dong sound like homewizard has  :)
  • The doorbell is not able to trigger a flow because of a little bug in Homey v0.8.17. This should be fixed in the next update.
  • are there other thinks i could try?
  • @jovink You could pair your doorbell as an socket for now.
  • DennisH said:
    @jovink You could pair your doorbell as an socket for now.
    It don't work. Maybe it is the doorbell it self. 
    I'll try it later 
  • Same problem, 
    Waiting for the update to support my older switches I jumped in the car to the Homeybach,  bought a new KAKU switch and doorbell to experiment. 
    Homey learned the AYCT-102 (at least something works now,  I can confirm the Homey is not broken at the 433 RF)  but learning of the NEW ACDB-7000A fails (Doorbell responds so Pushbutton works)  :'(

Although I learned the Doorbell ACDB-7000C to respond to the on signal from Homey as an Socket. 

• Thanks @DennisH Unplugging my Homey helped. I got the doorbell paired . Next step: a flow 
    How did you manage to pair it? As a doorbell or as another sensor type? I have the ACDB-7000B connected to the doorbell using a relais so testing it is kinda hard and I'm not sure if not being able to pair it is caused by Homey or an incorrect installation of the ACDB-7000B.
  • Also having trouble with this doorbell.... Tomorrow will try to pair the ringer to homey. But I also want to trigger a push when someone presses the button
  • Still hoping this will work with homey eventually.

• Still hoping this will work with homey eventually.

I'm almost sure that this is possible with the right app and led strip.. 
  • Reflow said:
    Still hoping this will work with homey eventually.

I'm almost sure that this is possible with the right app and led strip.. 
    Yup, I can do this once my KAKU ADBC-7000B doorbell is recognized by the KAKU app and version 0.4.0 of the HTTP app is approved in th app store (or I could just install it locally). For the leds I use APA102 LED strips that are controlled by a Raspbery Pi running Hyperion. It accepts websocket calls where I can set color/effects.
  • In this video I am using the ACDB 7000BC with Homewizard, synology, sonos and hue ledstrips. Hope homey takes over some tasks from Homewizard (love to get rid of that) and synology.
  • Even een bevestiging dat de .20 update bij mij gezorgd heeft dat de ACDB-7000B perfect werkt.
  • Yup, without changing anything it just sprang into life. Yay!
  • mruiter said:
    Even een bevestiging dat de .20 update bij mij gezorgd heeft dat de ACDB-7000B perfect werkt.
    Did you add it as a KAKU doorbell or another type of device? I just tried as a doorbell but it was not recognized. I may not have it correctly installed though as I use a relay together with my normal bell.
  • Phuturist said:
    mruiter said:
    Even een bevestiging dat de .20 update bij mij gezorgd heeft dat de ACDB-7000B perfect werkt.
    Did you add it as a KAKU doorbell or another type of device? I just tried as a doorbell but it was not recognized. I may not have it correctly installed though as I use a relay together with my normal bell.
    @mruiter ;
    @Phuturist ;
     You two also have a  ACDB-7000A (the type ID on the Push button)? 
    I can't pair mine, although code checker sees it.
    Did that work for you? what code transmits it?

• I added it as a doorbel . I have to mention i had to pull the powerplug from the homey before i could add it. But that seems to be the way almost eveytime i want to add a kaku .
  • PhuturistPhuturist Member
    edited February 2016
    mruiter said:
    I added it as a doorbel . I have to mention i had to pull the powerplug from the homey before i could add it. But that seems to be the way almost eveytime i want to add a kaku .
    Hmmm, I did that as well but it did not matter. Looks like I didnt install it correctly then although I can hear the relay flip upon pressing the doorbell. Cant really troubleshoot it now with kids in bed ... :confused: 

@GeurtDijker No, I only have the ADBC-7000B with the intention of setting it as trigger in Homey. 
  • mruitermruiter Member
    edited February 2016
    I ditched the relay setup. way to buggy. Used the simple optocoupler with a resitor. plain, clean, simpel, soundless and always working for less then a buck.
    On TDers website you can find the info just google it
  • mruiter said:
    I ditched the relay setup. way to buggy. Used the simple optocoupler with a resitor. plain, clean, simpel, soundless and always working for less then a buck.
    On TDers website you can find the info just google it
    I had actually already read that and decided to go for a relay setup as the optocoupler seemed like a much complexer solution to me ... :smile:  (I'm not all that technical).
This discussion has been closed.