This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

KAKU Doorbell transmitter (ACDB-7000B) support

2»

Comments

• the optocoupler thing are 2 parts. the only thing simpler would be 1 part. :)
  • mruiter said:
    the optocoupler thing are 2 parts. the only thing simpler would be 1 part. :)
    And that is the relay ... :smiley: 
  • mruitermruiter Member
    edited February 2016
    Phuturist said:
    mruiter said:
    the optocoupler thing are 2 parts. the only thing simpler would be 1 part.
    And that is the relay ... smiley 
    Ill guess that you have a normal dc relay and not the more uncommon ac relays.
    Then you should have a gelijkrichter in front off that at least. So 4 diodes or combined in 1 pack and also a resistor to make it realy nice.

If you use a dc relay it will/could work but its not correct 101 electronics because almost every doorbell trafo is ac

• mruiter said:
    Phuturist said:
    mruiter said:
    the optocoupler thing are 2 parts. the only thing simpler would be 1 part.
    And that is the relay ... smiley 
    Ill guess that you have a normal dc relay and not the more uncommon ac relays.
    Then you should have a gelijkrichter in front off that at least. So 4 diodes or combined in 1 pack and also a resistor to make it realy nice.

If you use a dc relay it will/could work but its not correct 101 electronics because almost every doorbell trafo is ac

No, I got the right hardware for sure. I have a 8v trafo and this relay.

• mruitermruiter Member
    edited February 2016
    19 euros for tech from decades ago..... Retro is hot in de meterkast i see.

Maar zonder joken.

I Prefer my 1 euro solution with the size smaller then 10 cents and hasnt failed a single time last 2 years. But a relais should also do the job. Doorbells are oldskool

Just to give you an idea here is the photo. the kaku and the cable to my doorbel gong. In the cable you see a small black thingy, thats all.
  • Okay I have connected my doorbell to Homey. 
    I have made a flow, but when I pressed the doorbell Homey don't react.

• Well, its strange. I am able to have my doorbell recognized by a regular KAKU wall socket and I;m then able to switch the socket on by pressing the doorbell but Homey just wont recognize it, not in the code checker and not as a doorbell. I just hope it's related to the unstability of the 433 frequency of Homey and that it will be solvable in the future.
  • My Homey recognize the same doorbell just fine, selected the doorbell option as Kaku device. Made a flow with it just to test it. When I press my doorbell now, Homey says "ding dong" haha and used the pushover app to get a notification on my iPhone.
  • I can now also confirm the KAKU ACDB-7000B to be working with Homey after replacing the battery in the sender .. :astonished: 

(Homey firmware 0.8.32 / KAKU app 1.1.2)
This discussion has been closed.