This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Silent update at night

I've disabled the autoupdate, because last time the update was installed at 3:45 AM. Because the voice is very loud and saying somthing about not unplugging the power, everybody was instandly awake. So is it possible to set time for silent update from 11:00 P.M. till 7:00 A.M. 

Comments

• Hi @WernerHellinghuizer you can do this your self by using the flow editor, see my screenshot. You can finetune this by using the clock flow card between 11 PM and 7 AM.

• Thank you, I've created 2 new flows:
    1) time is 7:00 AM --> Set volume 0%
    2) time is 10:00 PM --> Set volume 50%
  • You can reduce the 2 flows to 1 flow with the delay option in the corner of the volume card, set one volume to 0% and 1 volume to 50% with a few hrs delay.
  • I've changed it to this:
    Set volume 0% (no delay)
    Set volume 50% (30 seconds delay)
    But the question is, will it work? Because Homey is going to restart. Will he remember that he was doing a flow?

• PandaPanda Member
    If you have the flow enabled it should remember it uppn restart.

Btw don't you want to drag the text tag in to the notification field?
  • I've draged the text tag to de notification field. Thank you!

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    Homey actually doesn't say it's updating anymore when it's done automatically since 0.8.20, so I guess you were on an older version :-)
  • Nice, just removed the flow! 
  • @Emile: Will a pending flow action with a big delay survive a boot or update?
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    Nope
  • Perhaps prevent rebooting when there's a pending flow?
  • I don't like automatic reboots. This should be an option! 
  • Suggestion:

[✓]  schedule automatic updates to occur at  [    3AM |  ▼] 

With the option to set the time/day of week.
  • Emile said:
    Homey actually doesn't say it's updating anymore when it's done automatically since 0.8.20, so I guess you were on an older version :-)
    Hello @Emile ,
    Was on firmware 0.8.22, this night 3:30 wakeup by homey, he said something about update. 
    So he still wake me up at firmware update.....
  • Same here when starting the update manually.
  • PandaPanda Member
    Yep, also heard Homey telling me it was updating. It would indeed be nice to select between which time it is allowed to update.
This discussion has been closed.