This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Fibaro Motion Sensor (FGMS-001), not possible to add to Homey

Somebody succeeded in adding the Fibaro Motion Sensor (FGMS-001) to Homey.
I just bought two for testing purpose, but I can't add them. 
Homey is hanging in the proces of adding. ;-(

Comments

• https://forum.athom.com/discussion/957/your-motion-sensor-ideas-fibaro-smartwaves

Several people are using them, so it should work. 
    What happens exactly? 
  • Works good ,  5 sensors in action here !  running .22 FW 
  • @djesko, would you mind posting an Insight screenshot of 1 of your sensors?

I feel like mine is missing a lot of updates and it would be nice if I could compare a graphic with someone :)
  • aloftaloft Member
    I am interested in that too, I have the feeling I don't see all luminance updates.
  • It change LUX and Temp , did compare it to my unit that connected to my HC2 in same room ( not same check time) 

pir.JPG 39.2K
  • Sorry , did miss that you wanted a Insight  pic , let me fix that !
  • djesko said:
    It change LUX and Temp , did compare it to my unit that connected to my HC2 in same room ( not same check time) 

This is an interesting pic also!
    When I added my sensor, group 3 was also 1,1.  I found that a bit odd, so I changed it to 1.
    What do you think about that?
  • djeskodjesko Member
    edited March 2016
    When I used 1 the alarm went off all the time,  
  • Fire69 said:
    https://forum.athom.com/discussion/957/your-motion-sensor-ideas-fibaro-smartwaves

Several people are using them, so it should work. 
    What happens exactly? 
    When I add the sensor, homey gives a message like waiting for addition information. After a while (sometimes) I got a new message that there is a duplicate adding proces.  And I end with a not working z-wave device (on/of). 
    Anybody added the sensor with firmware .22? I already did a reset of the z-wave network. 
  • djesko said:
    Works good ,  5 sensors in action here !  running .22 FW 
    Hello Djesko, how many minutes does the proces off adding take? I can't add my 2 new sensors. 
  • Shouldn't take more than a minute.
    Don't know about .22, added mine in .20.

Go to Settings - Z-wave and check if you have a node there that you can remove.
    If that worked, try adding it again.

If the problems remain, trying DM'ing @Taco and send him a log so he can check it out.
  • jordenjorden Member
    edited March 2016
    No problems here with the same sensor. Even logs the temperature and luminance well in Insights (despite one big spike I experienced).

You have to push the button on the sensor 3 times fast. (BTW I am on 0.8.20, so that might be different)
  • Fire69 said:
    Shouldn't take more than a minute.
    Don't know about .22, added mine in .20.

Go to Settings - Z-wave and check if you have a node there that you can remove.
    If that worked, try adding it again.

If the problems remain, trying DM'ing @Taco and send him a log so he can check it out.
    Thank you! I already tried a lot. So I will try again tonight and send the log @Taco

• jorden said:
    No problems here with the same sensor. Even logs the temperature and luminance well in Insights (despite one big spike I experienced).

You have to push the button on the sensor 3 times fast. (BTW I am on 0.8.20, so that might be different)
    Ofcourse. I pushed a lot of times "3 times". Homey is trying to add the device, but is not succeeded. I will try my other sensor, maybe the one I'll try to add is broken. Or there is a new bug in .22. ;-)
  • fuzzybearfuzzybear Member
    edited March 2016
    Have you reset the sensor and removed it correctly from its old network. Or is it a completely new sensor? Not second hand?
  • I've 2 new sensors. Both not possible to add. I'm just testing for the future, because I'm waiting for my new home.  I'm searching how to reset homey. Maybe that's the solution. 
  • I'm going to put homey upsite down. Hopefully I can add it again. 
  • After a reset still the same problem. Homey finds the device, but then something goes wrong. Taco received the logging, so I wait for his answer. 
  • Can ask if you have the V3.2 of the fibaro FGWS-001 EU - as i have both v 2.7 and 3.2 ...where v 2.7 works flawlessly but v3.2 hangs on the interview, adds the node but it is a failed node... it looks like homey is unable to deal with the new version which is ZWaveplus,
    I look forward to @Taco update.

• I already send @Taco a new mail that it's still not possible to add the 3.2 version. 
  • aloftaloft Member
    Please also raise an issue on GitHub https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues so Athom can track all issues there.
  • Just did this:

Fibaro Motion Sensor FGMS-001 with firmware version V3.2 not possible to include! #400

• Is it already possible to connect a Fibaro Motion Sensor to homey?
    I would like to buy one but this will be one with the latest firmware i presume.

• Taco is still working on this problem!
  • DD Member
    My pre-v3.2 work great. I'm not sure if all retailers already stock v3.2, so you could ask around?
  • honeyhoney Member
    The 0.8.30 supposed to fix this. Did anyone had a luck with this?
  • ReemsterReemster Member
    edited April 2016
    honey said:
    The 0.8.30 supposed to fix this. Did anyone had a luck with this?
    i can add them, but homey don't response when the motion sensor detect motion. Or the Generic Alarm stays On, and never reset.. have no idea if this something what i'm doing wrong, or that there is something wrong with the z-wave function in Homey... I have the same problem with the fire sensors, also alot of failed reports, after a couple of time. (and i changed the interval)
  • @D What kind of parameters do you set at the pre-v3.2? I think I need the same at the v3.2.
  • And the generic alarm is? Where can I find a manual for the sensor? 
  • And the generic alarm is? Where can I find a manual for the sensor? 
    The generic alarm turns on, ON when there is motion, or fire.