This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

how to message to android with app like flow ?

does anyone know how an app can send a message to  an android telefophone like flow can with text messages

Comments

• jordenjorden Member
    edited March 2016
    Perhaps you can accomplish this with the Slack app already present. Or https://apps.athom.com/app/nl.tonversteeg.pushover (Pushover) if you buy the pushover app.

Finally, you can use an SMS gateway like www.targetsms.nl and use the HTTP protocol app to send SMS. 
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    You can't from an app directly, that goes against the philosophy behind Homey: make the user choose.

You should fire a Flow trigger, so the user can choose how he or she wants to be notified.
  • Though I fully support you in this, I think there might be future users (non tech-savy) who just want to install and not create flows for every action. So perhaps auto-create flows when installing an app would be nice? That way we have best of both worlds.
  • Though I fully support you in this, I think there might be future users (non tech-savy) who just want to install and not create flows for every action. So perhaps auto-create flows when installing an app would be nice? That way we have best of both worlds.
    +1 for auto installing flows. Although the user should be able to pick which flows he/she likes during installation.
    We're working on "What's next..." after a user installed an app or device, which can also suggest flows :D
  • @Emile by that logic, shouldnt speech trigger also be defined in flows?

Right now there are alot of built-in speech triggers and there's no overview what and how many speech triggers there are, or where they come from and what they do. They are also bound to a specific action and cannot be disabled.

Wouldnt it be more user friendly if all logic would be defined in flows and that as suggested above apps would suggest these flows on installation?
    @MartijnHarte speech is a lot more tricky to do in flows, especially sentences like 'Play music by Armin van Buuren's album Imagine'
  • I'd like to disable build in speech options per app in a settings page.
  • I'd like to disable build in speech options per app in a settings page.
    or disable trigger per app.
  • Emile said:
    You can't from an app directly, that goes against the philosophy behind Homey: make the user choose.

You should fire a Flow trigger, so the user can choose how he or she wants to be notified.
    that implicates each user has its own flows or even apps on homey ?
This discussion has been closed.