This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Fibaro Motion Sensor

I have installed a Fibaro Motion Sensor. Temperature changes seem to be registered, but luminance changes are only sent when the change is more than 200lx ( that's the default setting ) . Parameter 42 states that it will send a report every 900 seconds, but that doesn't seem to be the case. 

How can I  alter the configuration parameters via Homey ?  Sending new parameters via a flow (and then testing) doesn't get a green 'checked' mark.  I am new to Z-wave, so I might not understand the details of Z-wave parameters and protocols.

Is there a timeline on the motion sensing to be implemented?

Comments

• In the settings page of your sensor,  there is a parameter field. There you can change parameter 42 if you'd like to. 
    But it will not update immediately, your sensor needs to wake up for that. By default it wakes every 7200 seconds. 
    You can force it by pushing the button inside the sensor 3 times.  
  • And don't forget to set the association. Otherwise the sensor won't report movement.
  • Taco said:
    And don't forget to set the association. Otherwise the sensor won't report movement.
    @Taco can you give an example of associations for the motion sensor? Right now I have association '1' for group 1,2 and 3.   It detects lumen, temperature and tamper detection ('generic alarm'). I don't see motion detection, but I understood that might not be implemented yet.

(new to Z-wave, so apologies if I make Z-tupid statements ;-) )

• It is implemented.

You only need an association on group 3. After pressing save you'll have to wait for the device to wake up or manually wake the device up.
  • I have the association on group 3, not sure yet if motion is working : is it 'generic alarm'?  

For parameters, I have configured "42,2,120;64,2,120"  (temperature and luminance reports every two minutes), but this doesn't seem to work. I get a report most of the times when the defaults are met (e.g. lumen change > 200 ) , but not every 120 seconds. I also get updates every two hours, which is the wake-up interval.   I've woken up the sensor manually and also waited a couple of update wake-up intervals. 

Any ideas?

In Homey Insights, the temperature is rounded up/down to a full integer, not the nn.X Celcius reported in the motion sensor itself.
  • OK, Motion sensor now  works with version 0.8.20 ; I am still struggling with the parameters. When I enter 80,1,11 ( change the LED signaling mode ) and I manually sync  the device, the parameter is configured correctly on the device.  But for the 42 & 64 parameter, it doesn't seem to work; at least, I don't see 'logging points' in the insights screen of Homey. 

Is there another way to see if the reports are being sent as configured? 
  • VeldkornetVeldkornet Member
    edited March 2017
    I have the Motion Sensor Z-Wave Plus version. I was wondering if it's possible to create a flow that will turn on a light if the lx drops below a certain value?

Right now, I can only see that you can start a flow if the lx has changed, and not if it drops below a certain amount.
  • @Veldkornet, yes this is possible :)

• @Veldkornet, yes this is possible :)

Ah ha, thanks! I'll test this.
  • Oeh, you are quick. See below, even cooler :) Turns on your lights only when there is movement detected and the lux is below a certain level.

y s

• Good to see we have dedicated topic on this nice little peace of hardware. I've also made a flow like the one from @MrDutchfighter, but it's not as I wish yet. What I have done is setting te lux to 8, so it triggers only when I'm coming home and the room is at dawn or dark. I also gave I time period (1800-2359) so it won't trigger at night when walking through the room. (The a nightlight goes on instead). The flow works, but after triggering it keeps triggering on movement because the new lux (the hues went on) isn't updated soon enough. How can I force this?

The other thing I did is lettinghomey to tell the temperature when this flow triggers. I did the following; 

Say something: The temperature is #temp degrees. Homey speaks but the numbers are really of. Like 0.6 degrees when it's 22,4. Thought it might could be a Fahrenheit or some conversion but it isn't. 

I also see that my sensor is 2.2 degrees above my honeywell. I tried to correct this in the settings but that also doesn't seem to work..

• Good to see we have dedicated topic on this nice little peace of hardware. I've also made a flow like the one from @MrDutchfighter, but it's not as I wish yet. What I have done is setting te lux to 8, so it triggers only when I'm coming home and the room is at dawn or dark. I also gave I time period (1800-2359) so it won't trigger at night when walking through the room. (The a nightlight goes on instead). The flow works, but after triggering it keeps triggering on movement because the new lux (the hues went on) isn't updated soon enough. How can I force this?

Take a look at this topic and let us know ur findings.

The other thing I did is lettinghomey to tell the temperature when this flow triggers. I did the following; 

Say something: The temperature is #temp degrees. Homey speaks but the numbers are really of. Like 0.6 degrees when it's 22,4. Thought it might could be a Fahrenheit or some conversion but it isn't. 

Can u show us a screenshot of the flow u made for this?

I also see that my sensor is 2.2 degrees above my honeywell. I tried to correct this in the settings but that also doesn't seem to work..

Did u wake up the sensor BEFORE applying the new settings?
  • @Rocodamelshe this is the flow;

I did not wake up the sensor before no, I just let it sit over night so it would wake up automaticly.

• Can u tell us where the #temp tag is coming from? And plz don't say from the tag section but from which device.
  • @Rocodamelshe from the tag section! But I see now, I accidentally clipped a Hue spot temp tag in the flow... I think that happened because I didn't expected that and therefore worked to quick oops...  That must be color temperature... I have changed the tag, I think things will be fine now...

• @Rocodamelshe this is the flow;

I did not wake up the sensor before no, I just let it sit over night so it would wake up automaticly.

Add an extra card in the AND column..With this flow each time the motion is triggerd homey  welcomes you and tells the temperature.

You have to add one of your lights wich turns on from your scene in the And column. Like this:

IF Motion AND LUX is below 3 AND time is between ....-..... AND Hue Light is off( one light from your Yelo scene)  THEN set scene Yello/ Say something 2x

Now the flow only triggers once. Only when one light from your Yello scene is  is OFF
    When one light is turned on the flow doesn't trigger
  • Since a few days I see that my luminance insights are quite different. They seem to be go from high to low but that isn't the case. Like this picture. Anybody who can confirm this?

• Since a few days I see that my luminance insights are quite different. They seem to be go from high to low but that isn't the case. Like this picture. Anybody who can confirm this?

Plus or non-plus motion sensor?

On what level did you set the illumination threshold? ~50 Lux?

Side note: It is becoming spring.. so light intensity will increase..
  • Hi guys, please help. Just installed the fibre motion sensor but I dont see any lux tag. Als the flow form MrDutchfighter, I dont have the option to choose "the luminance changed". What am I doing wrong?
  • Hi guys, please help. Just installed the fibre motion sensor but I dont see any lux tag. Als the flow form MrDutchfighter, I dont have the option to choose "the luminance changed". What am I doing wrong?
    helderheid?
  • glijie said:
    Hi guys, please help. Just installed the fibre motion sensor but I dont see any lux tag. Als the flow form MrDutchfighter, I dont have the option to choose "the luminance changed". What am I doing wrong?
    helderheid?
    So "helderheid" = "Lux"? I will try 
  • glijie said:
    Hi guys, please help. Just installed the fibre motion sensor but I dont see any lux tag. Als the flow form MrDutchfighter, I dont have the option to choose "the luminance changed". What am I doing wrong?
    helderheid?
    So "helderheid" = "Lux"? I will try 
    It worked. Any1 got its voor settings for the different sensors? Does "lichtsterkte rapportage drempel" when set to 10, that a 10 a signal will be given?
  • Plz check the tooltip on the very right side.
  • Plz check the tooltip on the very right side.
    What do you mean?