This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Beewi bluetooth controlled devices

Hi all,

Anyone know if these bluetooth devices could be made to work? The pricing is attractive at least!
http://www.ibood.com/nl/nl/flash-sales/8015/beewi-smart-leds/
Other than through iBood seems to be hard to get by in the Netherlands though...

Thanks,
eJoJo

Comments

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    We have some at our office and will integrate them when we've wrapped up the Bluetooth LE Apps API (about a month)!
  • BeeWi is on Trello in the "Apps we're working on" list.
  • Great, good to hear! Thanks for the quick reply. Would that also mean support for the climate sensor (I'm particularly interested in that)

• How 'open' is Bluetooth LE? I have a cheap (Ibood ;) home automation set by Archos which has BT sensors. It would be nice to pair them directly to Homey.
  • By now I have the beewi climate sensor and it works nicely. It would be really good to be able to use it with Homey so I can do some logging with insights and trigger my ventilation when the humidity reaches a certain level. The device itself is a nice little waterproof (possible to place outside) square box with 2 AAA batteries that are supposed to last 6 months or so. 
  • Any update on the bluetooth stack? I have 5 color LED bulbs and a temp/humidity sensor...I hope it is fixed soon.
  • At least the battery life of the Beewi device is way less than 6 months, it's closer to 6 weeks, while I didn't even poll the BLE comtinuesly, but sporadically. Makes me wonder if it is as suitable as I hoped for my purpose (automating bathroom ventilation)... that is after BLE support is implemented in Homey in the first place of course :(
  • karimkkarimk Member
    edited October 2016
    Emile a dit:
    Nous avons certains à notre bureau et nous les intégrer quand nous avons enveloppé l'API Bluetooth LE Apps (environ un mois)!
    Bonjour, je voudrais savoir est d'environ lorsque le Bluetooth est activé. Je vous remercie
  • Still no update on this device compatibility. BT LTE has been fixed already and the trello post stays unchanged. Working on it but I doubt it. Any update @Emile ;
This discussion has been closed.