This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

greenwave np310 power usage

2»

Comments

• TacoTaco Member
    The meter command class is implemented and is used to read the kWh. For the current power usage per socket Greenwave doesn't use the sensor command class so I'll have to investigate how to fetch that information.
  • Taco said:
    The meter command class is implemented and is used to read the kWh. For the current power usage per socket Greenwave doesn't use the sensor command class so I'll have to investigate how to fetch that information.
    @Taco did i mis something in trello, because meter command class is open?
  • TacoTaco Member
    edited March 2016
    Yes, because gas and water isn't implemented, power is ;)
  • Taco said:
    Yes, because gas and water isn't implemented, power is
    @Taco ok that figures. Do you only check index 0 of the meter class?
    My open zwave states that the kWh reading is in index 0 and label Energy. On the other hand the Watt reading is in index 8 with label Power. Does that make sense to you? 
    Both values are in the command_class_meter (50)
  • TacoTaco Member
    Nope. If they do send the value with the meter command class they differ from the Z-Wave standard.
  • Taco said:
    Nope. If they do send the value with the meter command class they differ from the Z-Wave standard.
    And again, that figures. The greenwaves are indeed very exotic.... :'(
    in other words, not a quick fix available?
    @Taco if you need a debuglog of my open zwave with 6 socket greenwave to analyse the greenwave device, let me know
  • TacoTaco Member
    I'll look into it when the Z-Wave API is finished and we can build Z-Wave apps.
  • @Taco and @ kasteleman it's all in the technical documentation I posted before and it is indeed part of the meter class.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3Rg4T9PEzq0Y1hlVkc1WHBqMHRNNmVIeTFmQ016YW8xSjAw/view

5.4 INSTANT/ACCUMULATED POWER MEASURE
    PowerNode can report instant or accumulated power of each port. PowerNode measures
    power consumption of load on each port and the value of instant power will be updated
    every 9 seconds (1.5 seconds for Single-socket ). Accumulated power increases by time and
    the value will reset to 0 after METER_RESET command

• TacoTaco Member
    Ah I found it. It's in a higher version of the command class then I have implemented at the moment.
  • Nice teamwork, isn't it?  ;)
  • Taco said:
    Ah I found it. It's in a higher version of the command class then I have implemented at the moment.
    @Taco Does this change the planning? Still going to be a z-wave app, or is command_class_meter_v2 going to be implemented? Forgiv me for asking. Just curious, not pushing.... :)
  • TacoTaco Member
    No offence taken. I'll have to think about that but currently I'm very busy with the remove node issue.
  • Taco said:
    No offence taken. I'll have to think about that but currently I'm very busy with the remove node issue.
    Of course that has more prio! Understanding, because the device itself can be used en the sockets can be switched
  • @Taco Do you have published a list off the implemented command classes including the version?
  • @Taco Do you have published a list off the implemented command classes including the version?
    It's on Trello: https://trello.com/c/AtTVVVu2/41-z-wave-command-classes
  • Phuturist said:
    @Taco Do you have published a list off the implemented command classes including the version?
    Am i missing something then? The command classes are there, but i don't see the versions
  • Phuturist said:
    @Taco Do you have published a list off the implemented command classes including the version?
    Am i missing something then? The command classes are there, but i don't see the versions
    No, I missed the bit about the version, sorry about that. It's not published as far as I can tell.
  • Sorry to bump this, but i am a bit of a zwave noob. I have two np310-f's and was wondering about the association setup needed for them.
    As far as i understand, the np310-f uses associations groups 1,2,3 and 4.

1 Group 1 - WHEEL_SELECTION command class (max. nodes in group: 1)
    2 Group 2 - RELAY_HEALTH command class (max. nodes in group: 1)
    3 Group 3 - POWER_DELTA_PERCENT command class (max. nodes in group: 1)
    4 Group 4 - OVERCURRENT_PROTECTION command class (max. nodes in group: 1)

So if the id of my np310-f would be 2, i would have to add the number 2 in the association group fields. But is this needed?
  • Sorry to bump this, but i am a bit of a zwave noob. I have two np310-f's and was wondering about the association setup needed for them.
    As far as i understand, the np310-f uses associations groups 1,2,3 and 4.

1 Group 1 - WHEEL_SELECTION command class (max. nodes in group: 1)
    2 Group 2 - RELAY_HEALTH command class (max. nodes in group: 1)
    3 Group 3 - POWER_DELTA_PERCENT command class (max. nodes in group: 1)
    4 Group 4 - OVERCURRENT_PROTECTION command class (max. nodes in group: 1)

So if the id of my np310-f would be 2, i would have to add the number 2 in the association group fields. But is this needed?
    No, you can leave those empty. Just add '1,1,255' (without the quotes) in the zwave configuration data field to avoid green blinking lights on the nodes.
  • Thanks for the info.