This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

greenwave np310 power usage

I have a greenwave np310 but i only see kwh "totaal usage" see image 1
i like toe see the actual usage like fabaro wall plug see image 2

image 1

image 2

Comments

• DD Member
    Yes! The only right use case for Homey is a voice activated fryer!

On topic: I've read somewhere in the Z-Wave topic that usage for the greenwave devices might be implemented later on, but I can't find where that's said exactly. 
  • @D Thanx
  • It's discussed here: https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/9188/#Comment_9188

Taco mentions he will have to look into it further. There might be support for this in the future but it's unsure for now. I really hope this as well as I have 2 Greenwave 6 node bricks myself.
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited February 2016
    Here also 2 Greenwave 6 nodes and a dozen Greenwave single node plugs.
    Really need this to work.
  • DD Member
    Phuturist said:
    It's discussed here: https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/9188/#Comment_9188

Taco mentions he will have to look into it further. There might be support for this in the future but it's unsure for now. I really hope this as well as I have 2 Greenwave 6 node bricks myself.
    Thanks for adding this, that's what I meant.  :)
  • thanx
  • Does anyone with a Greenwave product know why the green indicator keeps flashing all the time. The only thing coming close in the manual is an indication where there is no contact with the controller but the manual says the white power indicator should be flashing as well in this scenario, which it does not. And connection seems fine as I can control the sockets. It's annoying me and I want to get rid of it.
  • You are right/close!
    See the tips and tricks on this domoticz wiki page:
    https://domotiga.nl/projects/domotiga/wiki/Devices_ZWave_GreenWave_PowerNode
  • MarcoF said:
    You are right/close!
    Uhmmmm, that's not domoticz...but domotiga...2 very different domotica opensource solutions.
    But indeed you can find all the configuration items you need. Polling is the key and configuration parameter.
  • Typo mix-up, thanx for mentioning :smile: 
  • MarcoF said:
    You are right/close!
    Uhmmmm, that's not domoticz...but domotiga...2 very different domotica opensource solutions.
    But indeed you can find all the configuration items you need. Polling is the key and configuration parameter.
    I did configure polling but set it to 300 seconds. Apparently it should be lower to avoid the green blinking. The configuration value mentioned on domotiga is not available within Homey. I don't think it can be set with the parameter field but I will look into it. Thanks for heads up.
  • All mine Greenwaves are/were blinking and the polling time doesn't really matter. Now all my Greenwaves are set to 255 minutes and the are not blinking anymore. 

These settings are standard zwave settings and homey does support that. 
  • @Phuturist Does this entry in the open-zwave xml config file help you to set parameter within Homey:

<CommandClass id="112">  <Value type="byte" genre="config" instance="1" index="1" label="No communication light" min="1" max="255" value="2"> <Help>After how many minutes the GreenWave device should start flashing if the controller didn't communicate with this device</Help>

• Maybe @Taco can give some advice/help? :smile: 
  • Ok, I dug into this and have figured it out. The official documentation doesnt mention it but thank god for open source. I ran into the Greenwave library from OpenHab on GitHub and it already has Greenwave specific configuration (similar if a specific Greenwave app would be created for Homey).

https://github.com/openhab/openhab/blob/master/bundles/binding/org.openhab.binding.zwave/database/greenwave/np310.xml

The Greenwave Powernode sockets take five parameters.
    • Parameter 0: Minimum variation in load current before a message is sent. Value in percent (30 => 30%)
    • Parameter 1: After how many minutes the GreenWave device should start flashing if the controller didn't communicate with this device
    • Parameter 2: Wheel position on the GreenWave device (read-only)
    • Parameter 3: Default state after power loss
    • Parameter 4: If the LED should indicate a network error by flashing or not
    So I believe I can set parameter 1 to 255 minutes in the device configuration within Homey like below. I will have to test this now but I'm pretty sure this will work.
  • Phuturist said:
    Ok, I dug into this and have figured it out. The official documentation doesnt mention it but thank god for open source. I ran into the Greenwave library from OpenHab on GitHub and it already has Greenwave specific configuration (similar if a specific Greenwave app would be created for Homey).

https://github.com/openhab/openhab/blob/master/bundles/binding/org.openhab.binding.zwave/database/greenwave/np310.xml

• Parameter 0: Minimum variation in load current before a message is sent. Value in percent (30 => 30%)
    • Parameter 1: After how many minutes the GreenWave device should start flashing if the controller didn't communicate with this device
    So I believe I can set parameter 1 to 255 minutes in the device configuration within Homey like below. I will have to test this now but I'm pretty sure this will work.
    Nice one. Only one thing remaining for the 6 socket greenwave device: powerusage per socket.
    So concluding indexnumber in open-zwave xml configurationfile is parameternumber?! Could come in handy for other devices.......
  • PhuturistPhuturist Member
    edited February 2016
    Phuturist said:
    Ok, I dug into this and have figured it out. The official documentation doesnt mention it but thank god for open source. I ran into the Greenwave library from OpenHab on GitHub and it already has Greenwave specific configuration (similar if a specific Greenwave app would be created for Homey).

Nice one. Only one thing remaining for the 6 socket greenwave device: powerusage per socket.
    So concluding indexnumber in open-zwave xml configurationfile is parameternumber?! Could come in handy for other devices.......

Unfortunately the socket on which I'm testing this is still blinking green. It's a NS301-F (a single socket version) but the zwave classes and specifically the COMMAND_CLASS_CONFIGURATION should be the same. So I'm pretty sure the 1,1,255 parameter is correct. It seems that Homey is not updating the socket with this parameter. @Taco mentioned that parameter settings are placed in a queue and send to the device on a wake-up interval but that only seems relevant for battery powered zwave devices. I assume this should be send straight away. So something is wrong but there is no way of telling what is wrong.

Support for the power usage per socket is unsure as @Taco needs to look into this. Setting a polling configuration doesnt cut it.

(Some more technical documentation on the Greenwave Powernodes: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3Rg4T9PEzq0Y1hlVkc1WHBqMHRNNmVIeTFmQ016YW8xSjAw/view (chapter 7.8 contains the configuration class))

• Phuturist said:

I assume this should be send straight away. So something is wrong but there is no way of telling what is wrong.
    Have you tried saving it a couple of times? Or saving with another value, then saving it back with 255? I had to do this for setting the switch type for my Fibaro Relays. Seemed like it didn't get saved correctly the first time.
  • kastelemankasteleman Member
    edited February 2016
    @Phuturist I don't know the single socket one, but does it have a wheel like the 6 socket one? Mine 6 socket one was very picky in that mather. It only accepted the configuration of the interval after configuring the wheel parameter and then turning the wheel to the correct color. I'm using open-zwave icw a aeon usb stick. Don't have a Homey yet.....snick....snick...
    What if you set the pollinginterval below 2 min because if i stand correct, asuming the xml off open-zwave is correct, is the default. 

@Fire69 Do you also use the double relay units of Fibaro like the FGS221?

i just had a look at https://trello.com/c/AtTVVVu2/41-z-wave-command-classes and saw that the meter command class isn't implemented yet and Taco is working on that one. Assuming that needs to be implemented before the single socket power usage of the 6 socket device is supported. @Taco, do i stand correct in this assumption?
    edited February 2016
    Fire69 said:
    Phuturist said:

I assume this should be send straight away. So something is wrong but there is no way of telling what is wrong.
    Have you tried saving it a couple of times? Or saving with another value, then saving it back with 255? I had to do this for setting the switch type for my Fibaro Relays. Seemed like it didn't get saved correctly the first time.
    Seems you are right, did some toggling and extra saving and my green blinking light seems to be gone now for longer than the default two minutes ... :relaxed:  so thanks for that. This should go into some Wiki or something ... :no_mouth: 
  • Phuturist said:

Have config for about a week or two now so I can confirm that this works. Sadly, after 255 minutes, the blinking starts again :smile: 
  • @MilanVanDenMuyzenberg Did you enable polling?
    edited March 2016

Have config for about a week or two now so I can confirm that this works. Sadly, after 255 minutes, the blinking starts again 
    Yeah, I just noticed this just now. @kasteleman I do have polling configured for these sockets but I cant really tell if it's actually doing anything and if the polling should prevent the green flashing. Quite annoying "feature" of these Greenwave Powernode devices.
  • @Phuturist In my current config setting the parameter and enable polling interval below that parameter value, it works that way and never any green flashing. That is as said before in a open-zwave config with a aeonlabs Usb stick (old one non zwave plus) and the six socket device!

• My guess is the polling parameter isnt working then. The green light parameter has been set correctly and does indeed suspend the flashing with 255 minutes. But if Homey does not communicate with the socket within this 255 minutes it will still start flash green again. I have no clue on how to test this though.
  • Phuturist said:
    My guess is the polling parameter isnt working then. The green light parameter has been set correctly and does indeed suspend the flashing with 255 minutes. But if Homey does not communicate with the socket within this 255 minutes it will still start flash green again. I have no clue on how to test this though.
    I initiated a communication with my controller in turning the wheel shortly to a other position and then back. Then it shortly flashes green and i noticed that it has communicated with my controller and ajust the parameter i just changed.
  • I came across this information. Might by useful for @Taco when he has some time to troubleshoot the polling and the display of the actual power usage per socket.

There are 2 types of polling of listening devices (the GreenWave is one of them):

- open-zwave polling - only this polls the BASIC commandclass
    - Poll listening nodes, with a crontab entry alike format - this polls all possible values, including Watt and kWh usage. The On/Off is in "value", the Watt is in 'value2" and kWh is in the "value3" in such case.

So you need to configure in the Z-Wave setup the polling of listening devices. Every 5 minutes is a good value.

• Phuturist said:
    I came across this information. Might by useful for @Taco when he has some time to troubleshoot the polling and the display of the actual power usage per socket.

There are 2 types of polling of listening devices (the GreenWave is one of them):

- open-zwave polling - only this polls the BASIC commandclass
    - Poll listening nodes, with a crontab entry alike format - this polls all possible values, including Watt and kWh usage. The On/Off is in "value", the Watt is in 'value2" and kWh is in the "value3" in such case.

So you need to configure in the Z-Wave setup the polling of listening devices. Every 5 minutes is a good value.

I doubt this one. As i statet before, the meter command class isn't implemented . It is work in progress. I added a screenshot of the open zwave configuration file

@Taco can you confirm this?