This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Data logging

Hello,

For my question i assume there will be graphs of the temperature sensors and maybe other sensor. Is it possible to save the data on a network drive. Or maybe get external excess to a ftp on Homey to get the data.

thanks!

Jeroen

Comments

• Van homey push data (and configurationele settings) tot a cloud storage location?
  • You Could use Xively to push sensor information and let Xively graph them. https://xively.com/whats_xively/. I use it for my current "DomotiGa" system.
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    In Homey, you can access your (local!) logs if you want to, and do with the data whatever you want (e.g. export, or access programmatically).
  • AthomeyAthomey Member
    edited January 2015
    I think it would be a wonderful addition (maybe later) to have historie and graphs. Emile, can you shed some light on the information the logs will contain and the format they are in? (So I can anticipate some application and possibly get a head-start.)

In my eyes, must-have is change/measurement/sensor or actor/date and time at least. Should-have (in the future?) is some dashboard of configurable graphs and compare to earlier periods or other measurements, with a calculated translation to real values (e.g. 7.9 volts = 31.4 degrees in livingroom). Nice-to-have/could-have could be even triggering scenario's and such based on measurements/durations, possibly even integration in the visual flow designer, showing your graphs and setting triggers also graphically >> I would love to get an e-mail from Homey when my weekly water usage surpasses the average of the last 6 months......

Commercial aspect: Dashboards and graphs sell, cause they are sexy!

Geeky aspect: With only the right measurements we could do anything in our own plugins/scripts.

Technical aspect: Emile can do anything and in contrary to most IT-developers/architects I know, he calls a lot of stuff easy to do (keep that up! it's what makes a great company!)
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    @Athomey, please refer to forum.athom.nl/discussion/comment/551/#Comment_551

And yeah it's damn easy! ;)
  • Thx!
This discussion has been closed.