This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

/manager/speech-input and /manager/speech-output

Fire69Fire69 Member
edited February 2016 in Archive
I wanted to test the speech-input and speech-output a little because I'm still not having a lot of success with 'ok homey' and getting voice feedback.

When I use http://<ip>/speech-input, is Homey supposed to process what I say or type on that page?
When I use http://<ip>/speech-output, is Homey supposed to say what I'm typing?

Because neither of these things are happening for me.

[edit]
Changed my post a little, to avoid confusion.
I did of course use the complete link, not just the /manager... part  :D

Comments

• http://[ip]/manager/speech-input/
    if I type "play some music by rammstein" it starts some freaky version of "mein herz brend"... I installed the soundcloud-app...
  • And when you use /speech-output, Homey talks to you?
  • When you type in speech-input " How are you " then HOMEY answer you.
    lights on
    lights off 
    works also.
    when you type in speech-output, the typing shows on the screen with the exact time, he don't trigger anything then.

• Homey refuses to talk to me  :(
    I have a flow to send everything Homey hears to my mobile phone.  When I input something, I receive it on my phone.
    But other than that, Homey doesn't react!?
  • Have you tried homey powerdown and power on.
    or Total reset ?

• Yep.
    Did a shutdown today (for a little power experiment, my Homey has been running on a powerbank for the last 3 hours :) )
    Did a full reset a couple of days because of z-wave problems.  It seems to have gotten worse after the reset :neutral: 
  • Fire69 said:
    Yep.
    Did a shutdown today (for a little power experiment, my Homey has been running on a powerbank for the last 3 hours :) )
    Did a full reset a couple of days because of z-wave problems.  It seems to have gotten worse after the reset :neutral: 
    Why don't you just use the flow for this ?
  • Because I can't get it to recognize my 'ok homey'!  :(
  • I can recommend everyone to add a parrot flow which repeats whatever you have said. Is give you a good understanding of how accurate Homey is. 

Or course this doesn't help with you can't activate Homey with the OK Homey. 
    As I stated in other topics as well, "Hey Homey" seems to have a higher succes ratio for me.

Although the whole speech thing is nice, I think the Homey platform really shines because of the flow editor which can react on so many sensors. Speech is just a nice little gimmick. 
  • Sure, it's a gimmick, but still one that needs to work  ;)

I just tried the training again.  Said 'ok homey' at least 50x, distance between 1m and 10m, with different voice volumes.
    I couldn't get a single green ledring!
    It used to work before, but now, after I did a full reset of Homey, it's not working AT ALL! :angry: 
  • Power Off -> On did the trick for me , reset had no inflluence 
  • Thanks, but I powered off a couple of hours ago to change the power adapter.  Didn't solve it unfortunately  :/

@Emile, can you think of anytime I can try/check?
  • I am having sort of the same problem. With a 'parrow flow' activated, whatever I input on 'speech-input' or after an "OK Homey" will get spoken by Homey. But any other flow isn't started.  If I disable the parrot flow, it will remain silent. 

E.g. I have a flow which puts a light on when you say 'cinema on'.  This flow isn't working when I type 'cinema on' on the speech-input page.

Built-in commands aren't working either. I've rebooted and pulled the power a couple of times.

I did download and activated a lot of voices in the past couple of days. One voice (Australian Nicole) cannot be activated anymore ( you can select it, but it will remain on the previous voice).  I switched once from English to Dutch. A lot of (power) reboots in between.
  • aloft said:
    I am having sort of the same problem. With a 'parrow flow' activated, whatever I input on 'speech-input' or after an "OK Homey" will get spoken by Homey. But any other flow isn't started.  If I disable the parrot flow, it will remain silent. 

E.g. I have a flow which puts a light on when you say 'cinema on'.  This flow isn't working when I type 'cinema on' on the speech-input page.

Built-in commands aren't working either. I've rebooted and pulled the power a couple of times.

I did download and activated a lot of voices in the past couple of days. One voice (Australian Nicole) cannot be activated anymore ( you can select it, but it will remain on the previous voice).  I switched once from English to Dutch. A lot of (power) reboots in between.

Have the exact same problem. Played around in the beginning with changing language to Dutch and back to English again. Tried a lot of voices, but Homey just don't want to start my speech trigger flows anymore.
    e.g. i have one that just listens to 'lights on'. The manager/speech-input perfectly understands me. But when i say Ok Homey, lights on, it reacts to ok homey but refuses to do anything after that.

I wish i could do a full factory reset but i don't know how. I'm almost certain changing the language/voice settings f'd it up somehow....
  • Kevin010Kevin010 Member
    edited February 2016
    Ok, found out about the full factory reset and that did the job for me!
    Homey is understanding me again. 
    Changing voice works as well, just don't forget to reboot after the change
    after changing voice it doesn't work anymore, only in speech-input... So i'm stuck with brian i guess.. :/
  • I did a full reset yesterdag (again...)
    The speech input and output is working for me now. I haven't changed the default voice, I'm scared everything will stop working again...

But I still can't get 'ok homey' to work at all!  Not to use commands, and also not in the voice training. It refuses to understand me. :angry: 
  • Fire69 said:

But I still can't get 'ok homey' to work at all!  Not to use commands, and also not in the voice training. It refuses to understand me. :angry: 
    'ok homey' never even worked for me, but strangely enough 'hey homey' did
  • Kevin010 said:
    Fire69 said:

'ok homey' never even worked for me, but strangely enough 'hey homey' did
    Tried 'hey homey' also.
    Close to homey, far away, low volume, high volume, all the same effect, nothing happens...
  • Stop testing and wait for any new release. Probably this issue is already solved.

I think we have tested enough for the time being.
  • I'm a geek, I can't stop!  :p
This discussion has been closed.