This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

I bought a fibaro motionsensor - in what way can I control this?

I just bought a motion sensor.
If I take a look at  they show multiple options to do with the motionsensor.

for example: alert me when a intruder is in my house or play a song through another device when my daughter wakes up and play her favourite lullaby.

In what depth can I control my motion sensor with Homey?

Comments

• @Emile maybe you can shed a light on this?
  • The sensor sends updates to Homey (hey, it's a sensor).
    You can create graphs with Insights in homey over (numeric) sensor values. 
    With the flow-editor you can create flows like 'if movement detected then turn lights on' etc).
    On z-wave device configuration pages you can edit all settings of the device.
    So its totally comparable to every other z-wave controller. 
  • The sensor sends updates to Homey (hey, it's a sensor).
    With the flow-editor you can create flows like 'if movement detected then turn lights on' etc).
    iToo bad I cant just use my phone or laptop as a zwave controller to try it out.. :pensive: 

How can I get to this z-wave configuration page?
  • scocz said:
    The sensor sends updates to Homey (hey, it's a sensor).
    iToo bad I cant just use my phone or laptop as a zwave controller to try it out.. :pensive: 

How can I get to this z-wave configuration page?
    Just go to Devices and click on the + to add a device.
    Select Homey - Z-wave, then press Next.
    Put your sensor in Inclusion Mode (press the button next to the battery 3 times)
    Normally it will be added to your Homey and it will appear in your list of devices.
    There you can see the different sensors that are supported (luminance, motion, battery)
  • @Fire69 Homey does not support the builtin temperature sensor of the fibaro motion sensor yet?
  • It does, I forgot that in my list  :#
  • Ahhh... Good :smile: Have got one of these myself :+1: 
  • What's your overall experience of Fibaro sensors with Homey so far? I'm considering  upgrading some of my KaKu sensors to something better now that I have a Homey.
  • AthomeyAthomey Member
    edited February 2016
    JaapPelt said:
    What's your overall experience of Fibaro sensors with Homey so far? I'm considering  upgrading some of my KaKu sensors to something better now that I have a Homey.
    In a nutshell: They work as good and bad as it gets for first versions of the software. No "wrappers/apps" specially dedicated to individual Fibaro devices available (yet?). Few features missing for Fibaro devices (motion sensor). Some features still have bugs (door/window sensors) Other Fibaro devices work 100% (wall plugs). Some manual labour still needed, like creating the right associations (I didn't have to do that with my VeraEdge, cause it knew how to handle/configure individual devices). But as I understand it that will be added later on in prementioned wrappers/apps. (Correct me if I'm wrong Athom.)  Most important: Every firmware update more supported, less bugs and better! :smile: 

• What bug did you encounter with the door/window sensor? Got it working at the office.
  • Taco said:
    What bug did you encounter with the door/window sensor? Got it working at the office.
    See: https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/161
This discussion has been closed.