This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Can a flow turn on a light aswell turn it off?

Dont know where to put it as it is not a bug.

so, is it possible to create a flow that aswell turn a light on and off depending on what i ask?

Comments

• I think you mean an If else situation. I don't think that is supporter in the flow editor.

If it is, I certainly like to know how, or how to work around it. Have been wanting to use this already :)
  • Not possible. Create two flows for this. 
    @Emile a copy flow button would be nice.
  • instead of a copy button, and polluting your homey with extra flows, It would be nice to investigate the oppurtunity of creating a if/else situation.
  • Im assuming (not tested) that in this case a copied flow wouldnt solve the problem as homey as for confirmation, it would just ask both
  • MarkVanWindenMarkVanWinden Member
    edited February 2016
    ah,
    Like that,, yeah then a if/else would work, but if / if would be legit. - Is on/off beeing said
  • I'd agree that it sounds like a negative feature that I would have to make one flow for turning the lights off and one flow for turning the light on.... 
  • You should not create flows for switching lights. Such flows will interfere with the build-in OOTB feature for switching lights. 
  • MarcoF said:
    You should not create flows for switching lights. Such flows will interfere with the build-in OOTB feature for switching lights. 
    So how would you turn on a light when motion is detected?  ;)
    Some things just require a flow, nothing you can do about that.
  • MarcoF said:
    You should not create flows for switching lights. Such flows will interfere with the build-in OOTB feature for switching lights. 
    With a "OK Homey - Good night" I switch 4 lamps off, so......
  • @Fire69 ;
    Better said;
    You should not create flow with speech to turn on/off lights.
  • I think what @MarcoF is refering to that there are some reserved keywords that are used in homeys core and shouldn't be used in flows. This is mentioned on these forums some time after the first batch was delivered.

Maybe misunderstandings like these proves to Athom we need a wiki where information as such can be found!

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited February 2016
    @DaneeDeKruyff ;
    Thanks!!
    That's what i was "trying" to say :smile:  :blush: 

And see:
    https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/94

• They should put a check in the flow editor.
    If you try to create a speech command and the word 'light' or 'lights' is in it, a warning should pop up to tell you that's not going to work correctly.
  • @Fire69 ;
    I suggested that also!
    Would prevent a lot of issues/frustrations! 
  • oke, strange because how would you call the lights in de the livingroom then?

"Hey homey, turn off those 2 thingies in the livingroom"

also, If I have a bunch of lights in the livingroom, would I all name them one after the other?
    "Hey homey, turn on those 2 thingies in the livingroom"
    "Hey homey, turn on those red once in the livingroom"
    "Hey homey, turn on those strange in the livingroom"
    "Hey homey, turn on those odd in the livingroom"

well that was easy ......:(

could'v saved me some money by buying a remote.
  • Another question, how would I turn on my lights in the livingroom, and not all of them but just one?
    Or not all the lights but just those two in the corner?
  • DD Member
    oke, strange because how would you call the lights in de the livingroom then?

"Hey homey, turn off those 2 thingies in the livingroom"

also, If I have a bunch of lights in the livingroom, would I all name them one after the other?

could'v saved me some money by buying a remote.
    This is supported without needing to use the flow editor. So if you've assigned lights to your livingroom, you can control them without a flow.
  • MarkVanWindenMarkVanWinden Member
    edited February 2016
     Sure . But again...

If I have a bunch of lights in the livingroom, would I all name them one after the other?

So bundling lights
This discussion has been closed.