This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Version 0.8.17

EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
I've shipped Homey 0.8.17. This update fixes a LOT!

Please try it before notifying us of bugs, it makes it a lot easier :)

Comments

• Fire69Fire69 Member
    edited February 2016
    Can we force the update?

[edit]
    Related question.  I checked the subscribe to experimental updates.  I got the warning that I can't turn back to stable.
    But I'm still on a stable version, and I can't uncheck the option anymore...
    So you can't disable it, even when you're still on stable?

[edit2]
    Hm, I guess the updates is pushed quite fast.  Just got a popup 'rebooting...'
    Quite annoying, I was right in the middle of creating a complicated flow.
    Might want to change something about that...
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    edited February 2016
    Open up a console in Chrome when on the homescreen, and type this:
    api('POST', '/manager/updates/updates/refresh');

(only works when you're connected locally though)
  • edited February 2016
    You can't, however if you go to updates -> participate in experimental version, your Homey will start downloading 'something' (i'll let you guys know what in a minute ;-)  )

EDIT: 
    I got version 0.8.17 by turning on experimental updates!
    You can't, however if you go to updates -> participate in experimental version, your Homey will start downloading 'something' (i'll let you guys know what in a minute ;-)  )
    Don't check this box if you don't know what you're doing!
  • tunftunf Member
    edited February 2016
    as an IT engineer i will wait for sp1 D
  • Emile said:
    Care to elaborate? I'm an IT guy but I'm not looking forward to breaking homey permanently somehow...
    You're subscribing to, well, experimental updates :) I don't recommend that if you want a stable system.
  • Do you guys keep a (public) changelog? Can be very useful for users to see if there bug will/should be fixed in that update.
    It'll be on our new website. For now:

• Fixes a bug in the updater
    • Various improvements
    • Fixed a bug where the Wi-Fi network could be forgotten after a full reset
    • Fixed a bug where 433 MHz would not transmit signals
    • Various fixes
    • Added a `Test`-feature in the Flow Editor
    • Improved devices in the Flow Editor
    • Improved the Software Updater
    • Added auto-updating apps
    • Various fixes
    • Performance improvements
  • To force the update to a new version uncheck the box download and uninstall updates automatically. Go to another section in the settings menu. Go back to the update section in the settings menu. And now the new update should be available for you to download and install.

After you have updated your Homey just check the box for download and install updates automatically so that you don't miss any updates in the future.
  • Nice, now I just have to wait till my Homey is come to rest after a factory reset  :s
    According to my settings page I'm using software 0.0.0 :).
  • I used the console command
    api('POST', '/manager/updates/updates/refresh');
    (which responds with 'undefined', but it works). Now on FW 0.8.17.

Unfortunately voice recognition doesn't work for me anymore after the upgrade...
  • Emile said:
    Can I uncheck it again? :smiley: 
  • I also did the update and now, after calibrating with my voice again:
    "OK Homey play some music by <<artist>>"  works perfectly! (it didn't before)

Thanks Emile!
  • Is there a way to undo the voice calibration? Or should you just do it again to overwrite the old one?
    I think my girlfriend messed the calibration up by shouting ok homey in the weirdest accents  ;)
  • Do you still need your gf? Doesn't Homey replace her? :]
  • Qx5 said:
    Is there a way to undo the voice calibration? Or should you just do it again to overwrite the old one?
    I think my girlfriend messed the calibration up by shouting ok homey in the weirdest accents  ;)
    Geeks with girlfriends, what the hell will they think of next ;-)

But I was wondering the same thing.
  • And can you add a 'cancel' button in the voice calibration?
  • I think I got a big problem with/after the update. Purple/Pink pulsing ring after reboot. Takes long but after 15/30 minutes (I think) the color change to orange. After a minute or so it changed to red. Up side down method doesn't work and restarting by power cycle doesn't work either... 
  • martijn1martijn1 Member
    edited February 2016
    Same problem here..
  • martijn1martijn1 Member
    edited February 2016
    Same problem here... we need some kind of factory reset i guess. Turning homey upside down doesn't do the trick.
  • Is there a way to look at log files to see if a flow was triggered? Right now I can use the 'test' button to see if the "then" part is working, but I cannot check if the "when" part is processed correctly. E.g.; I was using an NFC tag for testing, but it didn't trigger the flow. I am not sure if the NFC is not registered or if the flow is somewhat incorrect. 

A debug screen where you can see what inputs are received on all received would also be nice; e.g. to read the NFC tag ID, so you can use that in a Flow. 
  • MarkVanWindenMarkVanWinden Member
    edited February 2016
    T-mo-T said:
    Do you still need your gf? Doesn't Homey replace her? :]
    Homey does not do manual laybor.. so still need her ;)
  • MarkMark Member
    edited February 2016
    Red ring problem with mine as well.
    Regular power-up: Orange ring turns red after a minute or so. Turning Homey up-side-down at any point during this process doesn't do anything
    Up side down power-up: Starts with red ring, after a few seconds it turns pink... and stays that way.

Where do i put my saté-prikker to do a hardware reset?

Btw: no idea if this has anything to do with updating to this version. Meaning of the ring colors should be explained during the setup process so people know what there homey is doing during the first power-cycles!
  • Same problem here. After the update the LED ring stays orange. Upside down doesn't do a thing...
  • Just ran the update:
    - bluetooth -> nothing same error as in the previous version.
    - infra-red still nothing (tested with: Philips TV, iTV KPN, Pioneer amplifier, PACE satreceiver)
    - KIKU still not good: you can add remotes and switches, but switches are not shown in "devices" in the Flow scheme, remote works fine and is fully functional.
    ELRO remotes: are not shown in "devices"in the flow scheme.
    Also, someone tried to add 20 + Hue lamps in a flow? you can not change the action per bulb (are out of the screen). 
    So far I feel more like an alfa tester rather then a beta tester.... :-)
    BTW I get quit a lot of sever notifications .... that doesnt help testing either.
    However, keep up the good work and let the updates roll in ....
  • Any thoughts on the reset procedure? The Homey is a brick now.....

• mruitermruiter Member
    edited February 2016
    Guess theyll have to put the firmware flash USB executable online somewhere to do the clean os install on the flash again. @emile Is it already somewhere. There are popping op dead homeys all over the forum.
This discussion has been closed.