This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Google play music

gerwinmaatgerwinmaat Unconfirmed, Member
Hello, i'm trying to connect "google play music" with my homey. I did every step as disscribed but i get the following error:

Er is geen telefoon gekoppeld aan dit account. Log aub eerst in op een telefoon en speel hierop minstens 1 nummer af. Probeer daarna opnieuw
Translated is says that i do not have a phone connected with my account. But i can use google play music on my iphone. I also have "two way verification" installed. I have a free google play music account.

Any idea's?

Comments

• I installed 1.2 and google play music. 
    I can not login. I have a google music account. It plays fine on my pc.
    Homey says it can't login and keeps spinning the symbol. And I need to klick logout to try again

my username ofcourse has a  "@ in it. while the prewritten username is only homey"  can this be the problem?

• I also installed 1.2 as soon as it was available and installed the Google Play Music app. Since I have 2-factor authentication enabled, I had to generate an app-password first. Homey did tell me and also provided a link where I could generate a password.
    After I generated a password (and approved this on my phone) I was able to login in Homey using the new password and my own username (which is an e-mailaddress and does include the '@').
  • Same here. Have 2 factor auth and with the generated code, login went fine.
  • hmmm, I don't use 2 factor. I'll will try that tonight
  • ArenBreurArenBreur Member
    edited March 2017
    didn't help,  even uninstalled and installed.
    I have Homey set in dutch language. just to be complete
  • I have the same problem and that with the 2 step...
  • @RowinS
    sorry to hear, but glad I am not the only one ;-)
    does your email address include numbers?  mine does, maybe that's a possible cause
  • Nope, I have no numbers :(
  • JaapPeltJaapPelt Member
    edited March 2017
    I used two step authentication and generated a custom password for Homey (which worked).
    Edit: I have a google music unlimited account. Do you guys have a paid or free account?

• I have a paid account, ( first 4 months free) I also made an app password. but no go.
  • Worked for me. 2 step with unlimited music. Also numbers in my email
  • I have a paid account with 4 free months, when I type a wrong password, I get this: 

When I place the generated password, I get this:

• Qx5Qx5 Member
    Unfortunately I have the same as @RowinS . 4 free months seems to be a recurring problem.

Wanted to see if google music was good enough to replace spotify now Spotify doesn't seem eager to work on Homey integration.
  • My problem seems to be solved, the only thing I did was reboot my homey... But yesterday didn't worked that..
  • Qx5Qx5 Member
    Seems to be fixed in v1.0.3 in the appstore just now.

You have to install the google music app on your phone and play a song over there first.
  • JPeJPe Member
    edited March 2017

Also had login problems, my solution: use chrome brouwser to login to your Homey, look for pop-up block,

thanks to Bas Kiers, his comment to the problem:

Your comment:
    Same here, Login Button seems not to work at all.

New comment from Bas Kiers:
    Hi, I guess your browser is blocking the login popup. Please check your address bar for a blocked popup notification and click "allow popups from this site"

• 1.0.3 solved the problem, including the fact you need to play music over your phone once
  • PeaoPeao Member
    I've got another problem: when I start playing on a chromecast it stops after 2-4 sec. If I resume it stops immediately after. Source is Google Play Music (Logging in worked fine).
  • Logging in to Google Play Music was easy thanks to the comments in this forum but nevertheless I'm not getting any songs in my list. Homey's app at least tells me there's an error.

Any ideas on what's going wrong?

• Davied said:
    Logging in to Google Play Music was easy thanks to the comments in this forum but nevertheless I'm not getting any songs in my list. Homey's app at least tells me there's an error.

Any ideas on what's going wrong?

I am getting the same, whatever I type in the search bar I'm getting a generic error popup. App prefs show me as unlimited even though I'm using a free account atm....
  • Peao said:
    I've got another problem: when I start playing on a chromecast it stops after 2-4 sec. If I resume it stops immediately after. Source is Google Play Music (Logging in worked fine).

I have the same strange behaviour of 2-4 seconds loop through the songs of an playlist. Anyone know how to solve this?
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    Did anyone of you file an issue on github?
    https://github.com/athombv/homey/search?q=music&type=Issues

Does this also happens on Homey desktop or chrome-browser? If you press F12 in chrome-browser, what is the error shown on the console?
  • bvdbos said:
    Did anyone of you file an issue on github?
    https://github.com/athombv/homey/search?q=music&type=Issues

Does this also happens on Homey desktop or chrome-browser? If you press F12 in chrome-browser, what is the error shown on the console?
    I filed an issue on github, thanks for pointing out https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/1534
  • Peao said:

I have the same strange behaviour of 2-4 seconds loop through the songs of an playlist. Anyone know how to solve this?
    I have the same problemw with some songs. 4 out of 10 stop in the middle... BUT it doesn't seem to be a Homey thing, it's seems to be a (believe it or not) Google thing. GoogleHome has the same problem.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/googlehome/IiQlGhQIsiU 

It has something to do with the musicfile's bitrate and audioformat, mp3, acc etc.. Switching between audio/bitrate formats (which you can't  choose in advance) seems to bring this strange behaviour.Perhaps in future homey music apps there's a possibility to see which format a file is?
  • MarcoWijkMarcoWijk Member
    edited June 2017
    ----edited---

i know it's a workaround, but triggering "resume playing" with a flow at a set time, will ensure continued play.

1. I created a countdown-timer, which is set on a track change.
    2. Create a flow which takes the duration value of the track to the timer value on "track change".
    3. Ensure the timer is started when the tracks starts playing,
    4. Another  flow then triggers "resume playing" when the timer hits 150 (seconds are used).

It could create a jitter in the music (pause,play), but the whole song will play (95% of the time).

(I used 150 because 99% of the songs are longer in duration and the last 150 s google music doesn't seem to stop anymore once resumed. Also i had to use a timer, because the mediaplayer does play, but just no sound. So the mediaplayer still recognizes the player as playing therefor the "player not playing" -flowcard can't be used.)

Hope it helps to soften the pain ;)
  • Greetings, 

I reinstalled the Google play music app after a reinstall and I cannot login anymore. There are a few comments in the last few days which suggest others have the same problem. I recall this (or a similar) issue when the app came out. Is there a work around for it?
  • To above, last time i used the login in the desktop app a popup was blocked so used my.athom.com and make sure popup is not disabled, did that resolve the issue?
  • Hi @lubbertkramer
    I explicitly allowed popups and disabled the pop-up blocker, but no improvements. I also tried the Homey desktop app just to be sure. 
  • I upgraded to Google Play Music version 1.0.4 and now I can’t log in.
    Don’t use 2 fact. auth. Have a paid Google Play Music account that works on my PC, iPhone and iPad. Earlier version in Homey worked.
    What went wrong?