This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Lifx homey marriage :D

Hello again, 
I had a discussion recently with the developers of the Lifx bulbs. In there app they have a nice candle effect which makes all bulbs flikker a little bit, creating the illusion of a burning candle. Unfortunately those guys did not think it through. As soon as the app is closed or the phone locks, the effect stops. Same goes for all there other effects. Which makes this feature pretty much useless. 

Maybe Homey can fulfil like a service and keep the effect alive by creating it on its own? Homey does not lock.
I am not sure how integrated the lifx features are accessible by homey. Since I ordered mine today and filx control is my main use for homey I hope it works great. :)

Comments

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    What I do in Homey, is the following:

When
    Every 6 seconds
    Then
    Set {light} to red (with a delay random between 0-3s)
    Set {light} to orange {with a delay random between 3-3s)
    Works perfectly!
  • @Emile ;Sounds like a perfect example for a youtube movie  ?
     ;) 
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    Haha I'd love to but have a huge list of to-do's. Maybe @Athomey can make one? ;-)
  • AthomeyAthomey Member
    edited January 2016
    Though I am flattered by the suggestion, I've got to get other things on the rails with Homey first. Experimenting a lot with my homey right now. First getting the basics fixed in my house and with Homey, then the things VeraEdge can't do, THEN candlelight apps and a glass of wine. ((And I told @Spawnreaper earlier yesterday that I'm very lazy, I should keep that image going...))    So maybe later, but not soon.  :wink: 
This discussion has been closed.