This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

IR Remote with two transmitter?

Hey, I've got a vacuum robot which has a remote with two IR-Lights. Never have seen this before, and my smartphone wasn't able to clone the IR-Signal. Is there any possibility that Homey could duplicate this signal?
Here is a picture of the remote

http://www.comebuy.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/0c9d38bf24f8c9fbf9e7a311e0b6c8bf/i/m/img_1114_3.jpg

The vacuum robot is a Medion MD16192 which is a clone of lthe more popular CHUWI V3.

Comments

• It's possible that there is 2-way communication over IR and that one of the 2 is a receiver, not an IR sender. This seems far-fetched to me, though. It's quite possible there's just 2 IR LEDs to improve the range/angle of sending the IR signal. If your smartphone wasn't able to clone the signal, perhaps Homey can't either. But this could just be a software limitation in the smartphone app. In any case Homey can both receive and send IR signals so that's a good position to start from. But it will obviously have to be tested before any conclusions can be drawn.

I assume, and hope, that there is going to be a device compatibility chart for Homey. @Emile, do you know if such a chart is in the plans? It would probably be quite useful to have an overview by manufacturer name and product name so that whenever someone has tested something to work with Homey, it can be added to the chart. Possibly with 3 levels; fully supported, supported but some functionality missing, and not supported.
  • Thanks for your quick response. I guess you're right and its the best to try it as soon as Homey arrives.

I like your idea with the compatibility chart. It would be nice if Athom can manage this. Otherwise I am sure there will be a community driven chart, but its better to have it "official".
    +1
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    Yeah, I can't promise anything. If Homey doesn't recognize it, there's always the possibility for a custom-made app that sends the raw codes.
This discussion has been closed.