This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Tado thermostat

Comments

• honeyhoney Member
    Thank you. Would it be possible to add home/away function?
  • Very very big thanks @HellHound ;
  • @honey yes, would be good feature indeed, will add it to the todo list.
  • Suggestions:
    weather status as conditions

Possibility to set home/away/tado control

same options as ifttt

great start so far!
  • @HellHound Nice job!

I have been "reverse engineering" the android app and figured out how you can create or claim an app user and set whether it is relevant for presence detection. I already have created my own Homey user.

If you are interested please let me know.

Next step will be figuring out the other functionalities the app offers.

• @mauriceb Yes, will need to use createAppUser and updateAppUserSettings to create a new 'Device' for Homey. For those interested, all non-official 'known' Tado API methods: https://github.com/hellhond/be.geekness.tado/blob/master/tado-api-spec.txt

So, technically, I need to use createAppUser to create a new Tado user for Homey. Use updateAppUserSettings to 'Include' that user in the Tado presence detection. Finally, when you use the new 'Set Away' Homey action, use updateLocation to change the location of the Homey Tado user to outside the 'Home' (North Pole ? :) However, I have not used these API methods before, so will need to see if the above really works.
  • @Tim_Brass what are the other IFTTT options ? Never used it.

Other suggestions have been added to the todo list.
  • Tim_BrassTim_Brass Member
    edited April 2016
    Also the ability to choose the zone you want to control.
    hot water is a zone as well.

thanks for your efforts!
  • mauricebmauriceb Member
    edited April 2016
    @HellHound I have been busy putting my SOAPUI test into a Word document. Could you send me a PM with your e-mail?

Never mind, see attachment.
  • @HellHound I updated the document with the service to set the Tado modes.

When ever you have questions or need help just send me a PM.
  • @Tim_Brass and others, got a question. Currently, the Tado 'Weather' system uses a third-party, probably AccuWeather.com, but can't confirm this. Due to this, I have no idea what 'weather states' are available. Currently I have found the following states: CLEAR, NIGHT_CLOUDY, CLOUDY_PARTLY, RAIN, THUNDERSTORMS, SUN and WINDY. 

But these are mostly from debugging with my own Tado and some guesswork. And since this information isn't publicly available via either Tado or AccuWeather (or similar), I have no idea which are possible.

The only thing I have found is https://apidev.accuweather.com/developers/weatherIcons, and this does not mention the IDs that are used / returned by Tado.

So, the question,

- just use a dropdown for the trigger and condition (working on it) for the states that I know ?

- use a free inputfield, where you can enter the ID, this way, when we get to know other states, they can be used immediately, instead of waiting for a new app version

• casedacaseda Member
    edited April 2016
    Reading on the wiki:
    https://apidev.accuweather.com/developers/currentConditionsAPIParameters

WeatherText:
    Phrase description of the current weather condition.  Displayed in specified language

WeatherIcon:
    Numeric value representing an image that displays the WeatherText

So i guess icon 1 = id 1 when looking at the icon page
  • @caseda Thanks, however, Tado weather returns the following known IDs: CLEAR, NIGHT_CLOUDY, CLOUDY_PARTLY, RAIN, THUNDERSTORMS, SUN and WINDY. With no mention of a numeric ID. So, either they are not using AccuWeather, or AccuWeather has a 'hidden API'.
  • They are not using accuweather:

But openweathermap:

• @caseda Nice find :) However, even in the Openweathermap API, I can't seem to find the IDs that Tado is using.
  • HellHound said:
    @HellHound Offcourse.

Perhaps you make me a contributor so I can update the document as I find new services.
  • It is not givin easy but there are A LOT of ID's:
    http://openweathermap.org/weather-conditions

trying to google around if more people tried to make there own api for tado.
    it seems tado has their own pretty good api hidden away inside:

http://blog.scphillips.com/posts/2016/01/the-tado-api/

When looking on the page i find:
    "/mobile/1.6/getCurrentWeather"
    Wich states that tado uses 2 of the ID's together.
    The Current Weather ID and the Time of day (Day/Night).
    Combining that makes the ID's you are stating
  • I just ordered 3 Smart Radiator Valves in order to create separate zones (Living room/Bathroom). You can order them now with a 20% reduction using the code Multizone20
  • Is it possible to use Tado's geofencing in the future?
    I'd like to use it to trigger some events.
  • HellHoundHellHound Member
    edited May 2016
    New Tado app version online in Athom Homey store.

@mauriceb jep, already added a Contribution section

@Tim_Brass already added in the Todo, Andrew Wilde asked about it in the App comments. But that feature is some more work :smile: 

@caseda Yeah, there are so many different weather combinations. I'm thinking of grouping them in more 'usable' states. Like RAIN, SNOW, SUN etc. And each of them include all the related weather states. Else it's going to be a Flow nightmare. Aha.. I'm not using the getCurrentWeather at the moment, but the general 'weather' API method. Since that one is also used for some other data.
    Maybe it's better to use the getCurrentWeather method, and then use the information from http://openweathermap.org/weather-conditions. Thanks for the find, will add it to the Todo.

@caseda However, now looking more closely at it, in the Tado API example url you mentioned, the getCurrentWeather API method returns,
            "conditionCode": 34,
            "dayPhase": "DAY",

But conditionCode 34 is nowhere to be found, even in combination with another number.

I think I'll wait with that until Tado releases a public API. Not really worth it i think :smile: 

• mauriceb said:
    I just ordered 3 Smart Radiator Valves in order to create separate zones (Living room/Bathroom). You can order them now with a 20% reduction using the code Multizone20
    On which site ?
  • Could you also add:

IF:

Tado switches to HOME / SLEEP / AWAY MODE?

Getting better and better every day!
  • HellHound said:

mauriceb said:
    I just ordered 3 Smart Radiator Valves in order to create separate zones (Living room/Bathroom). You can order them now with a 20% reduction using the code Multizone20
    On which site ?
     @HellHound On tado.com, unfortunately the reduction code is no longer valid. I did not try though...

link: https://www.facebook.com/Tado.NL/photos/p.617363701746271/617363701746271/?type=3&theater

• gijspgijsp Member
    Tim_Brass said:
    Could you also add:

IF:

Tado switches to HOME / SLEEP / AWAY MODE?

Getting better and better every day!
    Yeah, that would be awesome! Especially since the presence detection from Homey doesn't work (for me), but Tado is doing a perfect job there. 
  • @HellHound I have an issue with the settings screen:

The blue line is my account email selected. I opened an issue for this on Git.
  • @mauriceb Ah, did not notice that Tado is also releasing valves in Q3 2016, nice!

@Tim_Brass added to the todo :)

@mauriceb commented on the github issue
  • The humidity does not seem to work. 
    I've set the humidity as a variable. (when humidity changes set variable) but the variable doesn't change. (shows 37% all the time)
  • Tim_Brass said:
    The humidity does not seem to work. 
    I've set the humidity as a variable. (when humidity changes set variable) but the variable doesn't change. (shows 37% all the time)
    @Tim_Brass Did you check if your humidity changed using the Android or iOS app?