This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Sub conditions

woeiwoei Member
edited December 2015 in Archive

Hi Guys,

Might be far fetched, but I was thinking about flows I could potentially build with Homey once I will get it. It came to my mind that a lot of the flows might contain redundant combined conditions. In that regard it made sense to me to think about "sub conditions" or "grouped conditions" (or what ever other term might float your boat).

Say for example you have several flows where you have a condition on whether anyone is home. The condition of anyone being home could consist out of several things. Like geofencing of all cellphones of all family members, Calendar schedules and perhaps other things. In stead of setting these conditions for all flows where you want to use them, I believe it would be muh more powerful if you could refer to a group of conditions, which is dynamically inherited. That way, if you need to tune the conditions, all depending flows automatically use the new conditions.

I hope I have explained it clear enough, but it is basically a layer of abstraction by introducing a new building block for the flows. Would love to hear your thoughts.

Comments

• I think you can use the flow variables for this. Not as advanced as inhareted conditions, but gives a lot of possibilities.

• mbalik79mbalik79 Member
    edited December 2015

With the homewizard I can select home/away/sleep/vacation mode, maybe This is also an option for homey. In every mode you can make tasks to be excecute.

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom

That's pretty hard but a great idea.

For your example, you can tell homey in a flow that someone's home or away, so basically it's like that already!

• If my alarm is set for 7.00 and homey see that I'm leaving my bed between 6.30 and 6.59 Can homey start the morning flow and switch off my alarm?

• That's great! @emile

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom

jovink said:
    If my alarm is set for 7.00 and homey see that I'm leaving my bed between 6.30 and 6.59 Can homey start the morning flow and switch off my alarm?

Yeah, there's a 'x minutes before my alarm goes off' trigger, and a 'turn alarm off' action.

• Emile said:

jovink said:
    If my alarm is set for 7.00 and homey see that I'm leaving my bed between 6.30 and 6.59 Can homey start the morning flow and switch off my alarm?

Yeah, there's a 'x minutes before my alarm goes off' trigger, and a 'turn alarm off' action.

Great Emile!

• Wow TOP*****

• Sorry to be a little off topic; but this alarm idea sounds intriguing. If I set up an alarm with Homey, do I set it up in a flow just by picking a sound to be played from some predefined examples? The implementations of this are of course tremendous, I realize that I can set the alarm to be anything (from opening blinds to turning on my bedside lamp)... But can the alarm be something on my phone? I don't mean a normal alarm app like I use the built in iOS alarm now, but I mean, can the Homey app be the alarm? As in, I set a flow in Homey that uses my Homey phone app as the 'device'/output?
  • Tommy, maybe ifttt can help with that?

Not entirely sure what you mean tho.
  • Maybe it could be, but then you must have open the app in the background and you can not turn off the sound or on airplane mode.
    my idea is to put a sonos speaker near to my bed and a doorbell switch. So homey can play a sound on sonos and I can switch it off by pressing the button. 
    But i don't no how dangerous that is. Because if the network of homey is broken then it won't work. 
  • @jovink  Yeah, I know what you mean. iOS background apps have to be running, I find that a bit annoying sometimes because I like to keep things clean and several times a day I close all running apps... With the 'danger'; I guess that's the same with every IoT device... 

@p0nts I basically mean this; an 'alarm' can be interpreted many ways. An alarm can be Homey's speaker playing an alarm sound, or it can mean Homey AirPlaying a song to my wireless speakers, or an alarm could mean opening the blinds. I'm just saying that an alarm (especially in the context of a multifunctional device such as Homey) can mean many things, and I was just curious if this alarm could be 'sent' to my phone..
  • I was wondering if the following is possible:

Setup:
    1 LED Lamp in kitchen
    1 COCO/KAKU dimmer switch
    1 z-wave motion and light sensor

Condition:
    Getting dark and motion detected
    Action:
    Turn light on 100%

C:
    If no motion detected after 5 minutes
    A:
    Dim light to 75%

C:
    If no motion detected after 10 minutes
    A:
    Dim light to 50%

etc.

And offcourse if there is motion detected go to the first condition.
  • tommyjay said:
    @jovink  Yeah, I know what you mean. iOS background apps have to be running, I find that a bit annoying sometimes because I like to keep things clean and several times a day I close all running apps... With the 'danger'; I guess that's the same with every IoT device... 

@p0nts I basically mean this; an 'alarm' can be interpreted many ways. An alarm can be Homey's speaker playing an alarm sound, or it can mean Homey AirPlaying a song to my wireless speakers, or an alarm could mean opening the blinds. I'm just saying that an alarm (especially in the context of a multifunctional device such as Homey) can mean many things, and I was just curious if this alarm could be 'sent' to my phone..
    yeah, should not be a problem at all.

• Kwindo said:
    I was wondering if the following is possible:

Setup:
    1 LED Lamp in kitchen
    1 COCO/KAKU dimmer switch
    1 z-wave motion and light sensor

Condition:
    Getting dark and motion detected
    Action:
    Turn light on 100%

C:
    If no motion detected after 5 minutes
    A:
    Dim light to 75%

C:
    If no motion detected after 10 minutes
    A:
    Dim light to 50%

etc.

And offcourse if there is motion detected go to the first condition.
    yeah, Emile gave a "YES" on a similar situation in another topic.
This discussion has been closed.