This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Device exception for alexa and google assistant

Hi,

Whenever I want to turn everything off I either ask alexa or google to "ask homey to turn everything off". This works perfectly. Except that it also kills my server since I have a z-wave wallplug for power monitoring purposes.
It would be awesome if we could control how devices, groups and rooms are exposed to external voice services. Logical groupings, aliases, names for values etc... But for starters, a simple boolean (advanced) setting on devices called "hide from alexa/google" would be extremely useful already!

Hope this is easy enough to implement ;-) Thanks either way for an awesome product!

Kind regards

Comments

• lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited February 2018
    SixFive7 said:
    Hi,

Whenever I want to turn everything off I either ask alexa or google to "ask homey to turn everything off". This works perfectly. Except that it also kills my server since I have a z-wave wallplug for power monitoring purposes.
    It would be awesome if we could control how devices, groups and rooms are exposed to external voice services. Logical groupings, aliases, names for values etc... But for starters, a simple boolean (advanced) setting on devices called "hide from alexa/google" would be extremely useful already!

Hope this is easy enough to implement ;-) Thanks either way for an awesome product!

Kind regards
    You can remove the device from your smarthome at Alexa and ask Alexa to turn off the devices it knows or make groups in the Alexa app and change the all (command) to your group (command) to solve this problem.

If you want something to be done at the Homey side you need to open up a issue at Github for a feature request as stated in the forum rules