This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Motion sensor flow cards

EmileEmile Administrator, Athom

What would you guys see possible with Motion Sensors?

I can imagine at least the following:

• When movement is detected
  • When no more movement is detected
  • When movement is detected for at least {x} seconds

Please discuss!

Comments

• When no movement is detected for x minutes.

• Please do not use a different (time)counter for "safe"/"no movement" as fibaro does. This is quite annoying if you want to start an action when no movement is detected after the motion detected, because the "safe" counter is reset to zero when the sensor is "safe".
    So directly after motion, the safe counter is still increasing in seconds since the last "safe" state before the motion. So you can't trigger an action 3 seconds after safe state.
    Hope you guys do a better job then failbaro :-)

• ErikVanDongenErikVanDongen Member
    edited December 2015

Some thoughts based on functionality i have currently scripted or planned:

• Combined triggers for a room: when movement in Room X (Room X has 2 motion sensors) then action..
    • Combined triggers for a floor: when movement on first floor then action..
    • Some logic like i described in this post: On Event X start monitoring room Y and run action if movement / no movement is detected within Z minutes.
    • If sensor Hallway detects motion within 5 seconds after sensor Livingroom detects motion then turn on lights in RESTroom alvast.
    • If no motion in Livingroom for 15 minutes play 'barkbark.mp3' on Sonos Livingroom every 5 minutes.
    • Speach enquiry on motion state in rooms: "Hey Homey, is there any montion on the first floor?" > "No, last motion was closing door nurcery 1 hour and 2 minutes ago."
    • Handle window/doorsensors as motion events in your flows: A closing door is also motion.
    • Handle 'local' light-switching as motion: someone manually switching lights on/off in a bedroom: motion in bedroom detected.
    • If motion in master bedroom for at least 15 minutes and bedroom temperature rising then initiate sexy time.
  • honeyhoney Member
    edited December 2015
    • when X number of movements are detected in Y seconds (is it a party or someone just went by)
    • when X number of movements are detected with each of them lasting for at least Y second with a minimum delay of Z seconds between each (if I have X number movements in each lasting less then a 1 sec it is probably false positive alarm in case if I know that even Usain Bolt needs 3 seconds between the edge of the detection zone and the front door, and Z number ensures that detected movements are separate individual movements)

I hope it make sense and helps.

• honey said:

>
    • (if I have X number movements in each lasting less then a 1 sec it is probably false positive alarm

I hope it make sense and helps.

Hope you have a mains powered sensor, or your batteries will be dead in no time :-P

• Emile said:
    What would you guys see possible with Motion Sensors?

When "away" and motion detected, trigger camera to record for 30 seconds and push message (preferably with snapshot); except when motion is triggered due to curtains closing...

i.e. some logic which allows motion due to other triggers being ignored;

• Thank you for your comment. The flow editor is for every sort devices, covering most user cases. There is a world beyond Fibaro and Z-wave. Yes there are mains powered (WIFI, 866Mhz, etc) motion sensors. Also the mentioned 1 sec is just an example it can be higher depending on the space and user case.

• As mentioned above a "no movement for x minutes" trigger would be also nice!
    And when it comes to fibaro: (beside that i hope all features of their motion sensor will work (temperature) it would be nice if you can adjust the sensitivity which they call "intelligent object recognition" (to prevent your cat from triggering the motionalarm ;))

• edited December 2015

Thats the problem with the Fibaro Home Center lite with the motion sensor, you cant't create a scene #Light on as long as motion # this needs always the lua code on the Fibaro home center 2. Hope you understand this.

That was a very nice feature.thanks

• blusserblusser Member
    edited December 2015

brot123 said:
    Thats the problem with the Fibaro Home Center lite with the motion sensor, you cant't create a scene #Light on as long as motion # this needs always the lua code on the Fibaro home center 2. Hope you understand this.

Yeah, thats only one of the reasons why want to trow out Failbaro (lite) and replace it by Homey ;-)

@Emile : maybe you can also implement

• as long as there is motion detected
    • as long as there is no motion detected

thanks

This discussion has been closed.