This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

BroadLink Support ?

Comments

• RemkoW said:
    @bibimax That's why it is a 'beta' version: some things probably do not work as expected :-)
    Concerning the RF: I brought a RM-pro-plus device, it will arrive here in 1 or 2 weeks. I'll get the RF working after that.
    About the flows: that should already work correctly. I'll look into it.
    @androidfroyo small question: the device you added, is it identified as RM_plus, or RM_pro? I just noticed the RM_plus is missing in the flow definitions :-(

The default device name is RM3 Pro Plus!
  • Pietje5Pietje5 Member
    edited June 2018
    Hi Remco,
    Use the stable function. Addit the first RM mini and learn the commands to set my tv in the bedroom. Worked great. Yesterday i've addit a second RM mini on a different IP adress and learned the commands for my hood in the kitchen. Works great to! But the RM mini in the bedroom doesnot work anymore. When i look on the flowcards from the RM bedroom it shows the ir commands of the RM for the hood instead of the commands for the RM for the bedroom. Somewhere something is mixing up i'm afraid 
  • Pietje5 said:
    Hi Remco,
    Use the stable function. Addit the first RM mini and learn the commands to set my tv in the bedroom. Worked great. Yesterday i've addit a second RM mini on a different IP adress and learned the commands for my hood in the kitchen. Works great to! But the RM mini in the bedroom doesnot work anymore. When i look on the flowcards from the RM bedroom it shows the ir commands of the RM for the hood instead of the commands for the RM for the bedroom. Somewhere something is mixing up i'm afraid 
    @Pietje5 ; I have same issue now. Did you figure it out what to do? When I added second Broadlink Mini the first one stopped working and commands are mixed.
  • @RedTucan @remcow ; No. Installed both again, but after the second mini the commands from the second mini show up in the flow card from the first, wich make the first useless. the commands in both device are still correct, so i think its a bug in the flow card. 
  • @RedTucan; I removed the second one and restarted the app. First is working again, so it's waiting for Remco ;-) I think 
  • @Pietje5 yes there is a conflict in Flows tab because devices are ok. Thanks for reply :) I wish I could connect Broadlink app/server directly so that way we wouldn't have to learn new commands but this app is great so thanks to developer! 
  • @RedTucan : It sure is a great app! Waiting for this a long time!

• Installed it as a second app manually. Works fine
  • hi there
    Is it correct that the rm Pro Plus in homey (as i can see) only one device can be added with 30 commands (or do i see it wrong)
    I have configured multiple devices in the eControl and i want to try adding them all in Homey. If i have configured a device and i go to settings i don't see any device in the flow and also if i when saved the settings i can not give the device a name.
    I know this is a beta version en try to explain what for stepps i do but tell me please if i do something wrong.
  • So it's gonna be solved in beta 1.1.2 https://github.com/RWensveen/com.broadlink/issues/2#issuecomment-399714010
    In the meantime you can install it as Pietje5 so you should have two broadlink apps running on Homey. @Pietje5
    ps. can you help me with this. I'm new with Homey and I thought after you add the app/device you get to set up buttons for it but so far I can only set up virtual buttons to run Flows that control Broadlink commands. It this correct? Same thing is for TV remotes (I thought it would look like eControl iOS app)... 
  • @RedTucan: Correct! I use the virtual devices app. Or in a flow. For example: when go to bed turn on the light in the bedroom an turn on the tv in the bedroom.
  • Hi Remco,

I also tried the device SP2 for the SP3S but that doesn't work.
  • RemkoW said:
    @bibimax That's why it is a 'beta' version: some things probably do not work as expected :-)
    Concerning the RF: I brought a RM-pro-plus device, it will arrive here in 1 or 2 weeks. I'll get the RF working after that.
    About the flows: that should already work correctly. I'll look into it.
    @androidfroyo small question: the device you added, is it identified as RM_plus, or RM_pro? I just noticed the RM_plus is missing in the flow definitions :-(

The default device name is RM3 Pro Plus!
    Same problem here. Identified as "RM3 Pro Plus" and able to learn commands, but not showing up as device in "Flow"
  • RemkoWRemkoW Member
    Hi all,
    There is indeed an error in the broadlink app for Homey: only 1 device at a time is supported. Adding 2 or more devices mixes things up.
    This is solved in the upcoming release. There are a few small things I am working on, but that should be finished this week :-)
  • RemkoW said:
    Hi all,
    There is indeed an error in the broadlink app for Homey: only 1 device at a time is supported. Adding 2 or more devices mixes things up.
    This is solved in the upcoming release. There are a few small things I am working on, but that should be finished this week :-)
    I only have 1 device - A RM3 Pro Plus. And it's not showing up in flows. I've installed the beta (because the release-version didn't allow the RM3 Pro Plus to be added as a device.
    Thanks for the good work!
     Any chance that you will upload your github work to a new beta?
  • RemkoWRemkoW Member
    Good news: a new version of the broadlink app is pending approval. it will be available a.s.a.p :-)

However, the RF learning might not work correctly. I now have a RM-pro-plus, but it looks like broadlink has changed the  commands for it, compared with the previous RM-pro-plus version. I'll be looking into it...
  • RemkoW said
    Good news: a new version of the broadlink app is pending approval. it will be available a.s.a.p :-)

However, the RF learning might not work correctly. I now have a RM-pro-plus, but it looks like broadlink has changed the  commands for it, compared with the previous RM-pro-plus version. I'll be looking into it...
    Is this going to fix the bug for the 2 of us in this thread where our device shows up as "RM3 Pro Plus?
  • Hi Remco,

Super
  • RemkoW said

Is this going to fix the bug for the 2 of us in this thread where our device shows up as "RM3 Pro Plus?
    Yes - the device is now showing up in "flow" :-)
    Thanks RemkoW
  • Hi Remco

When I added the rm Pro device for the first time in the app he recognized it now I want to add it again in the new version and i got the message shows" another device: RM2 PRO PLUS (10026)"
    As you know  i tried the sp2 for the sp3 and then it's worked and now in the new version i got the the message " other device found: OEM Branded SPmini (10035)"
    Also i tried the SP3S and it's work  but only the night switch is not there

Best regards

• I upgraded the beta to the new app. And the device was showing in "flow". Tried it out and it crashed.
    Uninstalled the app and installed it again (It was showing both "Beta" and "1.3.0" in App-section). And the "Beta"-sign was gone.
    Then I tried to add the RM Pro Plus again, but no luck - it's not possible to add it in the new software - message: "Found another device: RM3 Pro Plus(10141)" and the app crashes if i press the add-button again.
  • I upgraded the beta to the new app. And the device was showing in "flow". Tried it out and it crashed.
    Uninstalled the app and installed it again (It was showing both "Beta" and "1.3.0" in App-section). And the "Beta"-sign was gone.
    Then I tried to add the RM Pro Plus again, but no luck - it's not possible to add it in the new software - message: "Found another device: RM3 Pro Plus(10141)" and the app crashes if i press the add-button again.
    Exactly same experience. 

When app updated to 1.3, the rm pro+ 3 that i already had included now allowed you to add to flow.

But testing the flow everything crashed. The app even got uninstalled.

I reinstalled and now i cant add rm pro+ 3 anymore .

My other rm mini 3 works
  • Hi Remco, My compliments.
    SP3S, SP2 (3) and the RM2 Pro Plus the Homey recognize all as devices.
    I tested the on and off button of the SP2 (3) and it works perfectly in the Homey app except when I make a flow in homey and when I'm going to test it normally there is a green check mark at the flowcard but now a circle keeps rotating. See Preview. In this example he does realy turn on the fountain except the circle keeps rotating in the flowcard.
    afbeelding
    I also tested the SP3S on and off button. At the SP2 is on the right side "on" and at the left side "off". Thats works perfect but in SP3S he turns "On" of the rightside and the other times he turns "On" on the leftside. Another time he goes "on" of the leftside and goes "off" on the rightside.
    The RM2 pro plus I didn't tested because it is not clear for me now how I can use it in Homey
  • Deinstalled the old version and installed the new version (1.3.4) and made a quick test. Everything worked so far with RM3 Pro Plus :-)
    Thx RemkoW

• viixviix Member
    RM Pro Plus now appears in the flows but I’ve not had luck learning RF..
  • I have a RM Pro 3. reinstalled and installed.It works for controlling my TV but for some reason doesnt work for my aircon. I know it isn't the position of the rm or problems with the aircon because in the exact same postion, the RM can control the aircon via google assistant.
  • viixviix Member
    Hmm, uninstalled and reinstalled the app.. when I tried to learn RF, the led on the rm pro 3 turns on and I would Long press on the rf remote to learn and press again to learn.. it worked once to record but I can’t get it to work again to learn any other codes.
    tried it in a flow and unfortunately it doesn’t fire any rf commands. ?
  • Hi Remko,

is it possible to get values, from A1 sensor, in dB for sound, ppm for air quality and in lux for light?

Thank You!
  • App works good on RM mini.
    Suggestion for improvement would be more commands (20 now) and/or add scenes (sequence of commands).
  • New Broadlink Pro Plus 2018. s/n RM33xxxx. The RF433 code is read and stored. But through Flow can not be played.