This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Smart watch apps

Will there also be a watch apps made by athom? Or is that something the community should work out.

Comments

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom

Well, I can't really stop my Android and iOS guys from building it.. ;)

• Thats awesome Emile! In other words we can expect a app for both Apple and Android watches in the near future, thats all I needed to know, I love it!

• Oh I do have a question hehe.

Will this allow us to talk towards our watch(Homey)?

• Rick here, the Android guy. I haven't actually been developing an Android Wear app yet, because the main Android app had more priority, but I have looked into the possibilities for a Homey app on Android Wear and it looks very promising. The way I imagine an Android Wear app, 'talking to your wrist' is one the most important features, so that'll be in it for sure!

I can't give an estimate of when I'll have an Android Wear app for you, but I can tell you I'd find it pretty darn awesome to build one, so whenever I find some time in my (unfortunately very busy) schedule I'm going work on it ;)

• Thats all we can hope for superice, I dont mind waiting.

Thank you for the quick response

• superice - awesome news! As you probably already know, the imminent Android Wear APK update is expected to provide support for Android Wear devices with built-in speakers, meaning that you could let Homey talk back using - for instance - any compatible wrist watch, like the Huawei Watch and the Asus Zen Watch 2!

More details here: androidpolice.com/2015/11/08/android-wear-v1-4-makes-some-minor-changes-to-the-settings-screen-prepares-for-new-wear-os-update-apk-teardown-download/

• I was a bit sad to read some time back on the forum that because of the bluetooth hardware HomeKit can't be implemented, which would be more of a let down with the Watch. I'm not sure how it would work (Watch/Siri/HomeKit), but I would have loved it. Either way, better later then never, but I hope that the future, belated, iOS app will have Watch support, that would definitely be awesome for the future!

This discussion has been closed.