This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Solved

Fibaro Movement/Multi Sensor does not seem to work

Comments

• Very nice, cheers. But.....but.......ur wife has a walk-in closet???
    Yes, yes she does. :smiley: .... :neutral: 

She had one of those in our old house, and she wasn't planning on giving it up, so, when we started looking for another house, the only thing she looked at was if there was a room that she could use as walk-in closet... 
  • Well, in that case, u can extend ur Zwave mesh a lot with asking some non-powered devices for like christmas!

• Soon u will have this kind of mesh!
    Jesus f*cking Christ! 

So many questions... 69. Lolita...? hmm.. I am really curious what flows you have, but the most important question I have now, based on your mesh is about your washer/dryer. 

See, I originally bought those Fibaro wallplugs so I could use them in combination with the washer and dryer and send a message to my wifes phone to get off her ass and start ironing...you get the picture. 

However, looking up my washer and dryer, I found out that the washer has a max power consumption of 2500 watts, but, the dryer can apparently go up to 3800 watts. I had to search for quite some time to get this information, but since those wallplugs have a max capacity of 2500 watts, that idea went out the window. 

I'm guessing you have a much more energy efficient washer/dryer combination? 
  • Well, in that case, u can extend ur Zwave mesh a lot with asking some non-powered devices for like christmas!
    Yes I could, but, since we also got married this year AND we went on a honeymoon AND we moved to a new house, Christmas presents do not have our priority now :wink: 
  • If ur dryer runs at 3800 watts u must run a orphanage! Have 2 Fibaro wall plugs for the dryer and washingmachine and they run for like more then a year now. Can u share some info of ur dryer like make and model? There are some nice flows alr on the forums for the dryer to be ready like this one.  And Lolita is not my wife's name no.
  • If ur dryer runs at 3800 watts u must run a orphanage! Have 2 Fibaro wall plugs for the dryer and washingmachine and they run for like more then a year now. Can u share some info of ur dryer like make and model? There are some nice flows alr on the forums for the dryer to be ready like this one.  And Lolita is not my wife's name no.
    No, it can PEAK at 3800 watts or something like that. Yes, I have that information for you. Both devices are from AEG. The product numbers are 914524530 and 916096285. 

Well, that only makes it worse doesn´t it, because a Lolita is usually a barely (or not even) legal girl/schoolgirl like young girl...but I'm digressing... :wink: 
  • As long as u don't tell my wife it's ok!
  • As long as u don't tell my wife it's ok!
    Hey, I completely understand you! There's a reason my wife is not allowed in our cellar! Ok, that one went a little bit too far maybe :lol: 
  • danonedanone Member
    edited November 2017
    However, looking up my washer and dryer, I found out that the washer has a max power consumption of 2500 watts, but, the dryer can apparently go up to 3800 watts.
    Wow! Is that a commercial drier or what??

Yes, you will find on this forum lots of working flow examples including appliance related flows.

and I do have a flow called “sexy time”. Wife was not impressed at all in the begging with this flow.... especially when the RGBW in the bedroom turned red, telling me that this is not a knocking house.
  • danone said:
    However, looking up my washer and dryer, I found out that the washer has a max power consumption of 2500 watts, but, the dryer can apparently go up to 3800 watts.
    Wow! Is that a commercial drier or what??

Yes, you will find on this forum lots of working flow examples including appliance related flows.

and I do have a flow called “sexy time”. Wife was not impressed at all in the begging with this flow.... especially when the RGBW in the bedroom turned red, telling me that this is not a knocking house.
    I´m just saying what I read, and from what I remember it can peak at 3800 watts.. :disappointed: 
  • danonedanone Member
    edited November 2017
    I´m just saying what I read, and from what I remember it can peak at 3800 watts.. :disappointed: 
    It would be interesting to find out for how long the peak. If 3800W is true that this could trip your circuit breakers alone or in combination with other appliances if in the same circuit.

Getting back to your topic, glad to see that now your sensors work  :)
  • 1 "group" can handle 3520 watts. I know it's peak but it sounds like a lot.
  • 1 "group" can handle 3520 watts. I know it's peak but it sounds like a lot.
    Well, I just looked it up. The washing machine is not an issue. However, the dryer is a whole different story. It uses 4.4 kWh according to the manual, which can be found here: http://www.electrolux-ui.com/DocumentDownLoad.aspx?DocURL=2007\136\901450NL.pdf

It's using 4.4 kWh if drying on setting 'Katoen - kastdroog' which is the setting I use the most. So, this thing will melt a Fibaro wallplug. To answer your questions. This house has 10 electricity groups. The washer and dryer each have their own group. 

However, if I'm correct, in the old house (which was from 2003) the washer & dryer were on the same group, and I used them at the same time, which never gave a problem.. 

However, I'm a total nitwit when it comes to electricity, so I have no clue. 

• Well, it's using 4,4 kWh in total for 1 drying cyclus so that's another story.

Gegevens over het voltage, het stroomtype en de zekeringen vindt u op het typeplaatje.
    Het typeplaatje is vlakbij de vulopening gemonteerd (zie hoofdstuk
    "Productbeschrijving").

Looks like u can find there what u are looking for.

• Well, it's using 4,4 kWh in total for 1 drying cyclus so that's another story.

Gegevens over het voltage, het stroomtype en de zekeringen vindt u op het typeplaatje.
    Het typeplaatje is vlakbij de vulopening gemonteerd (zie hoofdstuk
    "Productbeschrijving").

Looks like u can find there what u are looking for.

As I said, I am a nitwit when it comes to electricity. One the dryer, on the typeplaatje it says 2500w. Thr washer says 2200w. Does that mean that that is the max consumption or something? 

So that would mean that I can use wallplugs with both machines? 
  • Yup!
    That's awesome! So I now have a wallplug connected to my dryer, and I am trying to replicate the flows you made in the post you pointed me to earlier, but I'm having trouble recreating those. The first one, where you have a boolean in the THEN column and call in DrogerB, I can't create that, because droger B does not exist. I'm trying to understand the logic, but this not a 'rechttoe rechtaan' simple flow. 

Next to that, in the THEN column, you have a countdown timer. I can't seem to find that, where can I find it or what app do I have to install to be able to use a countdown timer? 
  • It's just the way i did it back then. The Boolean u have to make with the Better Logic app
    The countdown timer u also first have to make with the Countdown app.
  • Just_A_UserJust_A_User Member
    edited November 2017
    It's just the way i did it back then. The Boolean u have to make with the Better Logic app
    The countdown timer u also first have to make with the Countdown app.
    So you made 3 separate flows that you saved? Because I created the exact 3 flows like in your post that you referred to, and I saved them as Droger 1, Droger 2 and Droger 3. 

Is that the way to do it? 

• And here are the settings for the wallplug: 

• Yup. lookin good.
  • Yup. lookin good.
    Yeah! The flows work! I got a message on my phone tonight telling me that the dryer was ready. Awesome! 

Hey, funny thing. The dryer wasn't on....hehehe. So I don't know what happened, but the thing wasn't even turned on, so, how do I change it so that it does not give false positives? 
  • Well, actualy i added a 4th flow for that.

So my flows look like:

Now the timer only starts when the boolean changed from true to false. In the old setup the timer also started when the energie changed from 9 to 2 but that cannot happen anymore with the new setup.
    Also added the txt "Het lijkt er op dat de droger klaar is" . When the wife goes upstairs after that txt and the dryer isn't ready yet u can always say: Hey, Homey said it looks like the dryer was ready. Homey did not say the dryer IS ready.

• Well, actualy i added a 4th flow for that.

So my flows look like:

Now the timer only starts when the boolean changed from true to false. In the old setup the timer also started when the energie changed from 9 to 2 but that cannot happen anymore with the new setup.
    Also added the txt "Het lijkt er op dat de droger klaar is" . When the wife goes upstairs after that txt and the dryer isn't ready yet u can always say: Hey, Homey said it looks like the dryer was ready. Homey did not say the dryer IS ready.

I added the same flow, so now I have the same setup as you do. I don't know if it will work. The washing machine is on now, as soon as t hat is ready, I can turn on the dryer, and then we'll wait and see :smile: 
  • Dryer ready??
  • Dryer ready??
    Yes, and it worked amazing! I got a message on my phone, and my wife on hers, and it was actually correct. The only thing I'm going to add tomorrow is that the wallplug shuts off (if thats possible) so even when we turn on the dryer at 23:00h, it's off when it is finished. 

All I need for that is an extra sensor, so it turns on the power again when we enter the washing room. But the flow itself worked flawlessly :smile: 
  • Dryer ready??
    I created those exact same flows for my washing machine. It is now running and will be finished in 1u35m, but I assume that will work too as it is the same principle? :smile:
  • It sure will!
  • Just_A_UserJust_A_User Member
    edited November 2017
    It sure will!
    Washing machine should be about finished, but I haven't gotten a message yet... 

Nope...nothing yet...counter is at 0, it's sounding the 'alarm' that it is finished, but, no message from Homey..