This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Speech Api

I am following homey for some months and I would like to know if the speech api will have machine learning implemented ?

The reason I am asking is because I have worked with the speech api of Google and it makes allot of mistakes... With the machine learning it could get better and better....

And will you guys eventually put a tutorial online how to create a simple driver/app or how to use the api because at this moment I have still no idea how to do that... (Keep in mind developer for 10 years (iOS,nodejs and so on).

Keep up the good work as a developer I really want to dive in and create some cool apps.

Comments

• Here some heads up on the developing environment: https://developers.athom.com/

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom

We're using external servers for speech processing, so not really.

And we are going to extend the documentation with rich examples. Maybe even a video how to get started :-)

• HomeyIsCoolHomeyIsCool Member
    edited January 2016
    @Emile
     what do you mean with speech processing on external servers.
    Every command or question i will speak to homey will transferred to a foreign server and this server will control my homey at my home?
    What about speech processing if i have no internet connection?

oh now i see some answers in the forum.
    But really i don't like it when every questions... will transferred to foreign server.

local programms like voxcommando have really good speech processing ability without any external server.
    what's about the idea to switch off the transportation of my questions to foreign server and use the microphones input to control local programms=

• @Emile
     what do you mean with speech processing on external servers.
    Every command or question i will speak to homey will transferred to a foreign server and this server will control my homey at my home?
    What about speech processing if i have no internet connection?

Use the search, a lot about this has been mentioned already ... Homey will let you know when it has no internet connection.

Emile said:
    Homey instantly responds when you try to talk to it and it has no internet :)

• Phuturist said:

Emile said:
    Homey instantly responds when you try to talk to it and it has no internet :)

HomeyIsCool meant.
  • HomeyIsCoolHomeyIsCool Member
    edited January 2016
    tommyjay said:
    Phuturist said:

Emile said:
    Homey instantly responds when you try to talk to it and it has no internet

HomeyIsCool meant.
    tommyjay understand me
    nothing against the athom-team. I think Homey is really cool.....
    At least i would like to automate my home with equipment as stable and secure as possible (not only because of my wife live in the same house --> WAF factor... ).
    Secure for technical reason and secure for my privacy. Send all commands to an external server?
    What if, heaven forbid!, athom failure? throw homey in the  trash?

• Watch this video: 
    Emile explains (at the end I think) why there is no local voice processing. 
This discussion has been closed.