This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Homey Labs

Hey Homey,

The kickstarter page mentions "Labs". Can you elaborate on what this would look like and how it will work?

Comments

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    Yeah! It's an 'app store', buy focused on developers. It's therefore not regulated by Athom. We view it as a place where developers share cool stuff, like their own arduino projects or drivers for specific appliances that are still unfinished!
  • Hi Emile,
    Thanks for the clarification. Initially, I thought it would be something like a github where code could be developed and shared, but an app store which enables users to easily download and install apps would work well in combination with github.

For me, the ability to extend and share homey is most distinguishing factor when compared to similar products. I'm very much looking forward to getting my hands dirty.
  • Hay Jaap and Emile,

It would be very nice to have something like a forum to share questions about codes, programming and stuff. Wait, this is a forum so why don't use this? They even have a code add-in :).
This discussion has been closed.