This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[App] ThermoSmart App by Athom - main discussion topic

2»

Comments

• edited October 2016
    I did not look at Thermosmart for a while, thx for the heads-up. I've the app installed, but where do you login / connect Homey with Thermosmart?

I have:

Solved. 
  • BumblezBumblez Member
    edited October 2016
    backslash said:
    According to the app description in the app store, the app should be able to:

Set the target temperature
    Get the room temperature
    Set the outdoor temperature
    Pause/Unpause the thermostat
    I am able to set and get the target temperature, and get the room temperature (note that I did not use the standard voice commands for any of these... I added my own flows for all of them, and that works fine). I have not been able to find any functionality that would be able to get the outdoor temperature (and how would it? My Thermosmart does not have any outdoor sensors, so it would have to get these data from the internet to be able to do that!). As for "SET the outdoor temperature"... yeah right! lol 
    I haven't tried the pause/unpause yet... at this time, I don't have a use for that

[Edit] I had a look at the app's source code. Apparently there actually is a function to set the outdoor temperature... no idea what that is supposed to accomplish. Maybe @Emile can clarify?
    The voice command for this is "Set outside temperature"  or "Zet buiten temperatuur".
    (for pause/resume, the commands are  "Pause ThermoSmart" / "Pauzeer ThermoSmart" and "Resume ThermoSmart" / "Hervat ThermoSmart". Could be a pain in the *ss to try and trigger these, given that ThermoSmart is not a standard english word... in Dutch it will be even worse)

• bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited October 2016
    Instead of getting the outdoor-temperature from some general source like Buienradar or WeatherUnderground (don't know which source it uses) you can provide your own sensor-value for outdoor-temperature as an input to thermosmart...  Really nice (but don't use it yet)
  • Ah, that makes sense. Thanks. I still assume it was supposed to be a "get" outside temperature, instead of "set" though... or should ThermoSmart be able to SET the value of that sensor?
  • If you have a real temperature-value, you have to set it to Thermosmart... Didn't check if you can get the value Thermosmart currently uses.... I wish we could set the outside temperature o:)
  • Hey guys,

is it correct that when I change manually the temperature in the my.thermostat application (web or app) that Homey is not getting updated?

It's not pulling every x minutes or its not getting a push from my.thermostart that a change occurred? 
  • @quakerix

I checked it myself; if I change the temperature with the webinterface from ThermoSmart, Homey does *not* copy the new value.

If I change the temperature in the Homey interface, the ThermoSmart application *does* show the new value.

So:
    Homey => ThemoSmart  => YES
    ThemoSmart => Homey => NO
  • Hey guys,

I created a feature request: https://github.com/athombv/nl.thermosmart/issues/11

I have now a flow for each degree, that can be done smarter right?
  • quakerix said:
    Hey guys,

I created a feature request: https://github.com/athombv/nl.thermosmart/issues/11

I have now a flow for each degree, that can be done smarter right?
    @Emile said that i have to use the Logic flow to convert the text to a number value. But how can i do that if the create numeric value can't be used as well. 

Anyone any idea?
  • jovinkjovink Member
    But why do you create a flow for the temperature? 
    If I say "Zet thermostaat op 20 graden" then it works without 1 flow. It isn't standard in homey 
  • @quakerix @Eternity
    Tested and found the same, I think homey updates only once every 15 minutes using its backup polling mechanism.
    Created an issue for it.
    https://github.com/athombv/nl.thermosmart/issues/12

• I get error "getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND" api.thermosmart.com
  • ARJARJ Member
    edited November 2017
    Same problem here.  Removing and adding it again worked for me.
  • GeurtDijkerGeurtDijker Member
    edited November 2017
    Do you still have this error @ARJ; and @AVdKolk
    I just checked and mine is working.
  • Thermosmart has stops working, showing: 

This seems to have started after an update of the App, before it was working flawlessly for ages. Restarting the App solves the error, but after a day or 2 it is broken again.

I will report the bug via github
  • Eternity said:
    Thermosmart has stops working, showing: 

This seems to have started after an update of the App, before it was working flawlessly for ages. Restarting the App solves the error, but after a day or 2 it is broken again.

I will report the bug via github
    Same here
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited December 2017
    As a work around I have installed Candy App and made this flow, which restarts the Thermosmart App daily at noon:

Hopefully a solution will be available soon.
  • There's an update, version 2.0.3.

But no changelog.. 
  • daand said:
    There's an update, version 2.0.3.
    But no changelog.. 
    guess it should fix that issue...

https://github.com/athombv/nl.thermosmart/commits/master
    set available when sync succeeds
  • ARJARJ Member
    edited December 2017
    When I ask Homey to "Verwarming uit" the Thermosmart will not go into "Pauze". I get the message "1 thermostaat kon niet uitgezet worden omdat alleen de temperatuur ingesteld kan worden."

How do I ask Homey to pause the Thermosmart?
  • ARJ said:
    When I ask Homey to "Verwarming uit" the Thermosmart will not go into "Pauze". I get the message "1 thermostaat kon niet uitgezet worden omdat alleen de temperatuur ingesteld kan worden."

How do I ask Homey to pause the Thermosmart?
    Probably not all Thermostats have an pause and that isn't in the core of Homey and also not in the current Thermosmart App. 
    It could be worth a Feature request but as many Homies here complain about the default build in commands. they want to disable......
    Could you try to create a flow yourself? 
    Something said "Verwarming uit" => Pauze Thermosmart 
  • My own flow works to pause the thermosmart works fine, but the extra information"..... 1 thermostaat kon niet uitgezet worden omdat alleen de temperatuur ingesteld kan worden." is annoying.

• ARJ said:
    My own flow works to pause the thermosmart works fine, but the extra information"..... 1 thermostaat kon niet uitgezet worden omdat alleen de temperatuur ingesteld kan worden." is annoying.

Thanks, I think you have a valid point, 
    can you describe what you did and what goes wrong here: 
    https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/1048
    (or they create a build in trigger to fix your initial issue ;-))
  • Do you still have this error @ARJ; and @AVdKolk
    I just checked and mine is working.
    Its working fine now, thanks