This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[APP] HomeKit app (Sprut)

Comments

• TorrfuraTorrfura Member
    edited November 2017
    I have the exact same issues as @fredrikb. It just loses connection to homey / all devices without any changes or updates nor reboots etc. From one minute to another it has just lost all connections... Is there anyway we can help debug this? Any developer-logs we can send etc? 

The app still recieves updates from my devices, even though I do not have any connection via homekit.
  • Yes me too. App runs on homey but looses connection via homekit interface. No updates to my Ipad homekit app
  • johnniemalmjohnniemalm Member
    edited November 2017
    If i ad or remove one they one unit it shows or removes from homekit, so connection works, I have hade this before, that time I hade to remove homekit from Homey and ad it again ?

• Soon there will be an update, with the ability to send debugging information. I can not reproduce the problem in any way.
  • pdreissenpdreissen Member
    edited November 2017
    I'm experiencing this issue also, so probably it is a issue which is common by more people. For me it is losing connection from time to time without adding or removing devices. The log of Homekit doesn't seem to log any error or so what so it is rather strange what is happening.

Network wise it can't be an issue as i have a Hue Bridge which doesn't lose the connection and is available at times when Homekit (Homey) has lost the connection ... btw the Homey app is still available and responsive as is the web interface, so it isn't Homey either!
  • sprut said:
    Soon there will be an update, with the ability to send debugging information. I can not reproduce the problem in any way.
    It might be related to the type of devices exposed to HomeKit. Ie currently I have exposed only switches to HomeKit and it seems to be working so far which is a bit longer than previous atempts. 

One idea is that is has something to do with the amount of data reported from some sensors...?

Anyone else seeing similar patterns?

I will wait a few more days before adding some of my sensors.

• sprut said:
    Soon there will be an update, with the ability to send debugging information. I can not reproduce the problem in any way.

Update on problem, I have 2 more units(ipad and one more Iphone) that is using homekit and there it is working, it is only on my phone it is not working ?
  • Update 2, now it stoped working on the other units to, tried Everything to get it to work, in the end I hade to uninstall and install again on homey to make it work.
  • The problem was reproduced, it is in the process of correction.
  • sprut said:
    The problem was reproduced, it is in the process of correction.
    Nice!
  • fredrikbfredrikb Member
    edited November 2017
    sprut said:
    Good work! :-) Can you share any details of the underlying problem?
  • Torrfura said:
    sprut said:
    Nice!

No news about this ?

• Torrfura said:
    sprut said:
    Nice!
    Any update?
  • There is a 1.2.2 version that I hoped fixed the problem but unfortunately it crashes just as before some time (2 days?) after adding a exposing a temp/moisture sensor. :-(

Anyone knows some other way of exposing my Homey-devices to HomeKit (exept the Homey Kit-app)

Rgds Fredrik
  • fredrikb said:

Anyone knows some other way of exposing my Homey-devices to HomeKit (exept the Homey Kit-app)
    What's wrong with the Homeykit app?
  • Yannick said:
    fredrikb said:

It crashes, dont work
  • Yannick said:
    fredrikb said:

It does not support weather sensors and lacks (as far as I know) any way of filtering what devices are presented to HomeKit (which creates duplicates if you have Hue devices registerd both in homey and directly in homekit)
  • Update 1.2.3 on review, it is should fix some of the problems. https://github.com/sprut666666/com.sprut.homekit
     @fredrikb - try to update and check
    If there is a problem, I need a log.
  • Update 1.2.4 should fix all the problems. Check it )
  • sprut said:
    Update 1.2.4 should fix all the problems. Check it )
    Thanks. I’ll test it out.
  • I cannot add my Homey to Homekit using this app anymore :( I have deleted the app, and reinstalled etc, but only get the message "Could not add Homey 574d3f1 [...] - Home could not connect to this accessory."

If I try the other Homekit app, it works every time. There's nothing in the app-logs saying anything about this neither. 

What to do? 
  • gunnerkgunnerk Member
    edited December 2017
    1.2.4 still disconnects from the iOS device. 

I have tried to remove some devices and restart the app several times, but I can't get connection to my home app on iOS in any way. 

Restarting the app seems to do what it should in the log, se pic attached, but nothing reflects on the phone:

gnrk
  • @Torrfura ;Uninstall the app and the previously added home, reboot the devices, and try again
    @gunnerk Did this happen on 1.2.4? or earlier?
  • sprut said:
    @Torrfura ;Uninstall the app and the previously added home, reboot the devices, and try again
    It is 1.2.4
    When I installed 1.2.4 everything worked as supposed for some hours before I lost connections to all devices on my iPhone.
  • The same for me, 
  • gunnerkgunnerk Member
    edited December 2017
    gunnerk said:
    sprut said:
    @Torrfura ;Uninstall the app and the previously added home, reboot the devices, and try again
    It is 1.2.4
    When I installed 1.2.4 everything worked as supposed for some hours before I lost connections to all devices on my iPhone.
    Suddenly my devices showed up on my phone. This happened after I had logged on to homey by my.athom.com with a browser on my phone.  I don't know if this was the reason for everything to start working again, but I really didn't do anything else before the magic happened....

Update: The magic lasted only for half an hour or so, now we're back to the usual, no contact with homey devices on th phone. Tried log in from browser, restarting of both the app, phone and homey, no success.....

gnrk
  • sprut said:
    No difference :( Running latest ios on both phone and apple tv. I first get a "not certified accessory" message before I can enter the 666-66-666 code. 
  • ingmaringmar Member
    edited December 2017
    gunnerk said:
    sprut said:
    It is 1.2.4

somehow, a couple of versions back it was working flawlessly, now it is broken on 1.2.4... restarting the app solves it for me for now.
  • For me it seems to be stable as long as I only add switches and dimmers. As soon as I add some kind of sensor it stops working. :(
  • Friends, thanks for the feedback.
    It is necessary to describe in more detail which devices are added before the failure of the work.
    @fredrikb - Can you describe in more detail what devices lead to an error?