This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Support of Evohome heating control

Will homey also be able to monitor and control a multi room heating system like the Honeywell Evohome (proprietary protocol?)? Or the alternative of Danfoss (Z-wave based)

I would really like to have one control environment (homey) also able to monitor and control the temperature in any of my rooms..

Comments

• edited August 2014
    @tedTolboom it seems like there is an node.js API for the evohome on GitHub. I'm going to install my evohome system next week. If the guys from Homey won't create a driver. There probably will be someone (possibly me) that will attempt to create a driver for evohome.
  • is er al iets van ervaringsgegevens vwb de EvoHome system. Daarmee een verwacting scheppen voor wat de Homey kan betekenen?

Are there already some experiences with the EvoHome system, so we can make some predictions on the inter operability with the HOMEY?
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    We have not tried it ourselves yet, so we can't say anything final as if we will support it. It's verrry high on our list though :)
  • Does this link help?

http://evohome-client.readthedocs.org/en/latest/

"Honeywell currently have two version of their API.
    Version 1 is simpler, but doesn’t have capabilities such as viewing and changing the schedules on the evohome system.
    Version 2 was released towards the end of October 2014 and has a lot more information available, including the functionality to change the schedules for individual zones."

A thread from the author of the EvoHome client:
    http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?3863-Decoded-EvoHome-API-access-to-control-remotely

I'm thinking of buying the EvoHome because of its unique support of multiple zones in the house (by using RF radiator thermostats). Also it supports OpenTherm (while NEST does NOT!!).

@Emile: Can you inform me if you will support EvoHome?

• i sold my EvoHome thermostat/gateway/valves/etc because i don't believe its possible to connect this "closed" system to whatever (opensource)system...

Currently i'm using the OpenTherm Gateway with Danfoss radiatorvalves and honeywell valves in combination with Fibaro Zwave relais to control them. Works like a charm :)
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    We're counting on the community to support devices that have no official support. Our time is more valuable in creating the platform and the tools to make it insanely easy to connect many devices, than adding (and maintaining!) support for all these unofficial libraries.
  • The new Evo system, with the gateway, looks more accessible and there there's an Node lib, but its not fully functional.

https://github.com/ixalon/node-evohome

The Lib is not (yet) able to set an (child) zone setpoint..

Last commit is from 9 month ago :(
  • I'm going to buy the EvoHome WiFi system. 
    It would be awsome if somebody could make this app (because i can't) or has it already been done?
  • It seems that they both (evohome and homey) have IFTTT support, so as long there is no app/api support from homey to work with, I think this should do the trick till there is a homey app.
    I hope it wouldn't take long because it is(still hope it is, because I'm looking into it as well) very high on their whislist, but as long there is no official API it should be developed by the community according to a few post above.
    Maybe Stefan has already tried to contact them to get access to the API (maybe with an NDA if neccesary ?)

I would prefere a zwave version/alternative for multi zone heating and opentherm support (so I don't depend on the internet/manufacturier) but I haven't seen one so far which is available in the netherlands. If somebody knows such a system please let me know :-)

• MarcoF said:
    i sold my EvoHome thermostat/gateway/valves/etc because i don't believe its possible to connect this "closed" system to whatever (opensource)system... Currently i'm using the OpenTherm Gateway with Danfoss radiatorvalves and honeywell valves in combination with Fibaro Zwave relais to control them. Works like a charm :)
    @blusser : seems @MarcoF has what you are looking for, the components he mentions are available in the Netherlands. 
  • Thanks for the tip! I'll look into that. I hope it also has the WAF :-)
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited January 2016
    We installed a heat pump and we are heating 24/7@20°c in most of the rooms. The 4 or 5 Danfoss valves have no added value and therefore I removed them from my Vera (the are for sale ;)
  • @MarcoF, with your Experience with evohome and OTG, if I understand the OTG support table, OTG also supports evohome. Would OTG a local (zwave?) solution between homey and evohome?
  • i have experience with the EvoHome, normal thermostat ,OTG and Danfoss valves.

I have no experience with the OTG in combination with the EvoHome.

EvoHome is Opentherm, OTG is Opentherm, so i think that could work. But i have no idea if its possible to connect the OTG to Homey. When the OTG could be connected to an IP network, then is should be possible to let Homey communicate with the OTG and a App is needed.
  • blusserblusser Member
    edited January 2016
    @MarcoF ;thanks for your opinion!
    It should be possible to connect to the lan (dutch) : http://www.robbshop.nl/over-z-wave/z-wave-projecten/z-wave-opentherm-koppeling

still you need a homey app..

Would be great of Toon become multi zone aware or if evohome adds a local API or zwave module.
  • WebsterWebster Member
    I have working scripts for fibaro HC2 to control the evohome

so if someone whants it to make a app for homey give me a PM
This discussion has been closed.