This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Small setback...

EmileEmile Administrator, Athom

We've received the PCB's today. Unfortunately, some of the LEDs were broken (a bubble of air inside of it was creating during reflow), so the soldering process is not yet good. Our manufacturer is working to make it right.

In the meantime, we're testing the hardware if everything else is right.

For the first batch backers, we could solder them by hand, but we have no idea how long it might take for the rest. Probably not too long, and hopefully it'll be fixed before the rest of the PCBs arrive, but just so you know :-)

Comments

• Too bad with new issues, but very grateful for the update! +1

• +1

• Unfortunate, but thanks for letting us know!

• Thanks for the update!

• Damn, is there no luck left for you @athom?
    Thx for the update!

• It has been a bad monday for me. I also received an email that my pre-ordered Qubino modules had also a release delay for over 2 weeks extra. Boehoehoe....
    To bad, it can arrive at the same time my Homey arrives...

• @BasPost: pre-ordered Qubino? What modules would that be?

• Who is kicking Murphy for good out of this project?

• Well, look at it from the bright side... by the time the Homey finally does arrive, the software will be in a lot more advanced state ;-)

• And the hardware (hopefully) error free! :)

• kasteleman said:
    @BasPost: pre-ordered Qubino? What modules would that be?

The new Z-Wave Plus modules (dimmer, relay x1 and relay x2)
    See momotica.nl

• How is soldering/fixing going at Athom and is the soldering process already optimiced?

• Everything OK MarcoF ?? If we all keep asking questions about the soldering of the PCB's and delivery dates, when will they have time to solder and ship them?? Yust let them guys finish the product and let them report when they are ready for transport. So we all can enjoy our Homey's.

Cheers

• @JurgenHuijbregts;
    Everything is OK :D

since when is asking wrong? Software can be fixed, Soldering not. So soldering is a very important part of the end product, so i'm very curious about it :)

• TheoDeKoningTheoDeKoning Member
    edited September 2015

@MarcoF

If the team also have to tell us every thing what is going right then they need 48 hours in a day. ;)

Further, I don't think for one minute that they would be ship Homey's that are not have good soldering.

• p0ntsp0nts Member
    edited September 2015

Did you swallow the key as well? Otherwise you would return within a day :( :P:P

• ... sorry to hear about the setback... running out of fingernails here.... Isn't there a functionality that we could use, like " Homey, fix yourself" or "Homey, please work"... Perhaps as an easter-egg we could let Homey explain what Murphy's Law is all about. :-D But no worries guys, i'm sure it's worth the wait. ;-)

• PhaetonPhaeton Member
    edited September 2015

Thanks for the update. Im sure it will be fixed! Best of luck for you guys.

This discussion has been closed.