This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Global variables with values, to be used in scenario's/flows

AthomeyAthomey Member
edited September 2015 in Archive

@Emile: Is it possible to declare global variables within the GUI, for e.g. colors/brightness for themes in my house, which I can then use in flows/scenario's? For example, I want to create ~9 flows which change lights for romantic/work/lounge moods, and in those flows use values if globally set variables. What this will solve, is that I can change the color of a 'mood' in one single place, instead of having to change the colors of all the lights, or groups of lights in all 9 flows. Would be a huge timesaver, especially commercially speaking when implementing/changing this in houses of clients, or for the Domotica-hobbyists you target. (I read all posts in the forum and searched, but haven't found an answer to this yet.)

Comments

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom

Nope, sorry! The use case is too limited to add this functionality.

• AthomeyAthomey Member
    edited September 2015

In my opinion it would make tuning ANY serious Domotica set-up much and much more consistent, less error-prone, less redundant and more time (and thus cost) efficient. However, lets agree to disagree. :-)

Lets talk alternatives.

@Emile, is it possible to change code of scripts from the inside of another script? This would be a nice alternative. Then I could write a driver/app/whatever, which can be used to configure values in a whole set of scenario's/flows. Looking forward to your answer.

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom

Yes, you can create/update/delete flows with the API :-)

• Good enough! Thx!

This discussion has been closed.