This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Flic.io

Comments

• Any news? Would love this integration
  • Even if they put up a nodejs sdk. We don't have any Bluetooth documentation to create a driver/application that would work with it
  • I dont have my Homey yet but  i am interested to.

Maybe a workaround with: flic - tasker  - REST Tutorial
  • viktor said:
    I dont have my Homey yet but  i am interested to.

Maybe a workaround with: flic - tasker  - REST Tutorial
    That is an awesome suggestion. I was waiting for more news about Bluetooth / flic.io support  of Homey before ordering some buttons but this will work guaranteed. Gonna order some flic.io buttons soon now.
  • How will that work...? the buttons only work with BLE right ? so what will the "receiver" be ?
  • A working configuration is Flic - Phone - HTTP-request - HTTP-Request flow charts app - Homey. But that's not an alternative in cases where you want to exclude the phone in this chain, of course.
  • A working configuration is Flic - Phone - HTTP-request - HTTP-Request flow charts app - Homey. But that's not an alternative in cases where you want to exclude the phone in this chain, of course.
    Exactly and i'd rather not have bluetooth enabled on my phone constantly. At night, for example I have airplane mode enabled on my phone, so I would not be able to use my flic buttons. Homey is going to be my smart home hub so homey integration would be the most logical thing to have.  
  • mruitermruiter Member
    edited March 2016
    A working configuration is Flic - Phone - HTTP-request - HTTP-Request flow charts app - Homey. But that's not an alternative in cases where you want to exclude the phone in this chain, of course.

The problem with this config is my 5 year old son does not have a smartphone yet......
    No way for him to switch it when i'm not arround then :)
  • Just wait a month or so and Homey will be able to 'speak' Bluetooth.
  • Yeah I think that is the only solution :) @Emile do you know when you guys will have time to update the bluetooth documentation for Homey (I know its not a priority in this state ofcourse)
  • Yes, this is only a temporary solution till the moment that Homey will support Bluetooth and hopefully get a flic.io app. The temporary solution for me would look like:

Flic.io -> Phone with Tasker -> Homey with BetterLogic app

Tasker will do a put request to change a variable of BetterLogic which you can use to do anything in Homey.

Eventually the phone with Tasker should be removed from this when Homey gets native support.
  • viktorviktor Member
    edited March 2016
    @Phuturist i planed the same. But my big problem is i have Flics but no Homey :'(

My programming knowledge are not so good (script baby) and if i dont have direct support i have to search for such Alternatives. I have a wiko android smartphone now only for that.

I backed Qmote and Klikr to (not received yet), and i hope that are becoming Tasker support/plugin.
    For Neeo and Nuimo i hope that @nklerk ;;;; is going to make some Homey App :smiley: 

I am ready to give away 1 Qmote oder Klikr (when received) if someone is willing to make a Homey App for that.

• Phuturist said:
    Yes, this is only a temporary solution till the moment that Homey will support Bluetooth and hopefully get a flic.io app. The temporary solution for me would look like:

Tasker will do a put request to change a variable of BetterLogic which you can use to do anything in Homey.

Eventually the phone with Tasker should be removed from this when Homey gets native support.

iOS users are again
    viktor said:
    @Phuturist i planed the same. But my big problem is i have Flics but no Homey :'(

My programming knowledge are not so good (script baby) and if i dont have direct support i have to search for such Alternatives. I have a wiko android smartphone now only for that.

I backed Qmote and Klikr to (not received yet), and i hope that are becoming Tasker support/plugin.
    For Neeo and Nuimo i hope that @Niels is going to make some Homey App :smiley: 

I am ready to give away 1 Qmote oder Klikr (when received) if someone is willing to make a Homey App for that.

I only have the Homey. As soon as Athom updates their Bluetooth documentation I want to create drivers/apps for flic.io or other Bluetooth devices.
  • Sorry: not @Niels rather @nklerk ;
  • kitkat said:
    Phuturist said:
    Yes, this is only a temporary solution till the moment that Homey will support Bluetooth and hopefully get a flic.io app. The temporary solution for me would look like:

iOS users are again
    I'm totally unfamiliar with iOS as I like full control and tinkering with my phone and therefor have always chosen for Android. But doesnt iOS have it's own kind of automation apps? All you need is an app that can interact with your phone and is capable of sending out PUT requests.

@viktor,  is there a difference between flic.io and Qmote other than Qmote being more of a keychain type of buttton that you take with you and flic.io being more something to use inside the house?
  • @Phuturist Qmote seems to have less possibilities then flic (no Tasker, no Hue, no Harmony, etc.). I think that at the moment only the IFTTT  is useful, nothing else. I hope to use it someday as keychain connected to other z-wave devices (Smartlock, Lights or Garage Door).
    My Qmotes are on the way and i can report more in couple days.
  • viktorviktor Member
    edited March 2016
    Received my Qmotes today, pretty solid quality, and now i see in the App the "HTTP Request" point. So dont need Tasker but only Homey smile (and the Android as gateway)
  • Phuturist said:

I'm totally unfamiliar with iOS as I like full control and tinkering with my phone and therefor have always chosen for Android. But doesnt iOS have it's own kind of automation apps? All you need is an app that can interact with your phone and is capable of sending out PUT requests.

There is no Tasker like app for iOS due to security restrictions. It is not possible for an iOS app to override certain core features of the phone, like unlocking the device from an app - something Tasker is capable of. There is no such thing as root access on an iPhone, an app can not change settings related to Location Services, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Personal Hotspot, Do Not Disturb, Airplane Mode, VPN, etc. because iOS does not offer any APIs for this functionality.

This may be a Good Thing as it is the number one reason why there is a lot of malware for Android and not quite so much for iOS. (Apart om the stricter policy of the App Store).
  • MatjaLipuMatjaLipu Member
    edited May 2016
    Flic recently released new linux SDK https://github.com/50ButtonsEach/fliclib-linux-hci
    It uses kernel capabilities so I doubt this will work with Homey (due security restrictions).
    So one option is to have second device which is running flic daemon and communicates with Homey (Similar to presence app).

Once Homey gets BT support there is a flic protocol docs which would hopefully allow Homey pair with flic button directly. @Emile can you confirm this?

P. S.
    Just found out about similar device from Amazon AWS IoT Button.
  • vanillasskyvanillassky Member
    edited May 2016

P. S.
    Unfortunately it does not look like these buttons ship to the Netherlands 
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    I see a blooming market: simple push button which sends a 433 signal. But not like Flick does with bluetooth, guess 433 signal would be best? Perhaps just put the doorbell in a new design? Let's call the people at KaKu for this?
  • @Athom ;
    @Emile ;
    Will Athom develop an flic.io app for Homey, or do they work by default because of a generic BT profile?
  • PhuturistPhuturist Member
    edited May 2016

P. S.
    I ordered 4 and just got them recently here in the Netherlands. Haven't had time to play with them but for now will use Tasked in between until Homey supports Bluetooth natively.
  • jovinkjovink Member
    Great idee, maybe in combination with a shopping list for homey. 
  • Also a set of four arrived last week here. Just awaiting Homey support. Will be great for operating sonos running flows etc and improve the waf factor. 
  • Phuturist said:

P. S.
    I ordered 4 and just got them recently here in the Netherlands. Haven't had time to play with them but for now will use Tasked in between until Homey supports Bluetooth natively.
    That's weird I get this message: This item does not ship to ******, Netherlands. Maybe Amazon does not like to ship to the periphery.
  • I ordered them through the flic.io webshop, not through Amazon.
  • Phuturist said:
    I ordered them through the flic.io webshop, not through Amazon.
    I was talking about the Amazon AWS IoT button, i've also got 4 flics already
  • woeiwoei Member
    I am still waiting on my flic(s) for the top10 idea... ;-)