This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Check for lights on

LurendrejerLurendrejer Member
edited July 2017 in Questions & Help
Hi :)

One thing i'm missing from my fibaro setup is the "OR" funktionality in flows.
I had a scene that checked for "any light" ON and warned me by the door via a LED in my in-wall-switches. Where i then could press one button to turn everything off.

We have the "all OFF" functionality (missing the possibility to not turn off certain devices) but will "Any/except certain" ON also be implemented? Maybe through "OR" in flows.

Peace.

Link to the switches i'm using: http://logichome.dk/index.php/products/3-zhc5010-z-wave-switch-module-for-fuga-installations

Comments

• bvdbosbvdbos Member
    Turning specific light off : Homey has this since 1.3.x :

the OR-functionality doesn't exist yet. Afaik there's no issue (request for enhancement) for that yet so you could add the request through github:
    https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues
  • swtttswttt Member
    The check for device state is something i mis as well.
    Just the ability to add a card in the AND column that checks if lights in a specific zone are on/off.
    Would be nice to do a battery check in the same way as well :)

Have complained a lot about it, but don't think i ever made an request on github yet.... :/
  • LurendrejerLurendrejer Member
    edited July 2017
    @bvdbos ;
    I know it's a bit much to ask, but can i get you to translate the text in the screenshot?

I don't think we are talking avout the same thing.

Sent from the phone, sorry for Spelling.
  • I think i understand the picture now, the thing is - i can't choose what type of devices my multichannel z-wave devices are. Not as far as I have been able to find out anyway.

But please prove me wrong :)

Have a nice day.
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited July 2017

Don't know about the multichannel zwave-devices though... For the Fuga devices there's no app yet ? So you only have on/off capabilities for one switch now?
  • @Lurendrejer multi-channel node behave the same as non-multi channel nodes.
    It depends on the device class the developer added to the app if you get this choice; in case of e.g. the socket device class

which app are you using for these switches; the nodon?
  • I don't know what "the nodon" is, i'll Google it right away :)

The switchen have a native app zhc5010 is it's name.

/From the mobile.
  • Hi
    The nodon is not related, in any way to zhc5010.

The zhc is installed with the wiring, and contains an internal relay.

/Mobile
  • I don't know what "the nodon" is, i'll Google it right away :)

The switchen have a native app zhc5010 is it's name.

/From the mobile.
    Nodon is a different brand... For which an app is available.
    I thought the Logic Home switch looked similar, but I'm wrong...

so so if you included these switches without an corresponding app, it will only be recognised as basic device providing on/off switching capabilities, but without further options and so no device class set...

In order to add these options, an dedicated app and driver (fairly simple version) would need to be made... Do you have any programming experience?
  • I have a little programming experience, but There is already an app developed by the products creator (logicsoft/Kim).

If you can describe precisely what needs adjusting i can forward it to him in person.

/Mobile.
  • @Lurendrejer ah, I though I recognised the switch; didn't check the apps store though...
    in the app the device class light is used; so all devices / multi channel nodes will get the light type...

Which does sound right for 99% of cases where lights are connected to these switches...
    Alternative could be to change the light class to socket class; in this way the user if asked for the device type used 
    edited July 2017
    Hi @TedTolboom

I actually use them to control my garage door, lights, fans, etc. But I'll contact the creator of the app and the switches about that.
    Is it possible to change the device-type after the initial choice? Ex/including z-wave devices is a pain since device ID's change.

Have a nice day :)
    edited July 2017
    This thread actually went completely off track.

The "Alt" (Means ALL in danish) in the picture above is actually the one that lit up when any light was ON on my fibaro setup.

Going back to the beginning, will it be possible to check if any light is on in the near future? :smile:

• And this is actually also related to this thread: https://forum.athom.com/discussion/3426/z-wave-multi-channel-associations#latest

If both the switch and the receiving end of a direct association is "lights" it will start the blinking on/off cirkus I mentioned in the other thread.