This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

z-wave: Multi channel associations

LurendrejerLurendrejer Member
edited June 2017 in Questions & Help
Hi.

And thank you for a great product.
You do everything better than the competitation you just don't do z-wave right as of now :-)

What is the status of using xx.y (multichannel) in direct associations?

It is mentioned as "completed" on Trello - but i don't want to upgrade to Beta if it isn't included, since i can't go back.

The current scene-based approach wreaks havok when having devices that sends scene notifications during "all off". On and Off both sends the same scene notification and in turn turns on the "flow-associated" devices after they have been turned off.

Have a nice day.

Comments

• Hi, and thank you :)

But, do you know if it's still on the list or in the Beta releases since trello lists it as "done". (?)
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    Don't know about trello but @TedTolboom knows more about those multichannel associations judging he also filed:
    https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/1517
  • @bvdbos yup...

I am not sure if the Trello roadmap is still maintained (will check).
    Implementation of multi-channel association was discussed on Slack after the last software update; Athom indicated that it is still on the work list ("we are on it"), but was not specific on timing / update version number....

you're always welcome to contribute to the github issue and request an update on timing. 
    I will check during next developer meetup if I can get a more accurate answer..
  • LurendrejerLurendrejer Member
    edited June 2017
    Thank you very much.
    Without it z-wave really doesn't shine as bright as it could :)

• Thank you very much.
    Without it z-wave really doesn't shine as bright as it could :)

I know, that's the reason for creating the issue  ;)
  • LurendrejerLurendrejer Member
    edited July 2017
    Hi.

After a few days, I've been trying some stuff and this will never work out without multichannel association.

I need to have the state of the four switches that my zhc5010's have syncronised with the other multichannel devices they control. (ZHC5010 is a device much like nodon with four switches and an internal relay.)

Because, if i don't have them syncronised (via binary switch) i can't use "all off", since there will be sent a scene notification turning the lights on again, once the switch changes position. (Basic set).

If i wan't to implement this syncronisation, via flows, it would take an insane amount of flows. One for ON, one for OFF.

i have 25 ZHC5010's, with four buttons each. Controlling each other (Correspondance) and other multichannel devices.
    It would take, (25 * 4) * 2 flows just to use the single click functionality. And thats if they only control one device, most of them actually control multiple.

If i don't use two flows, per button, and tell homey to "turn all lights off" lights that are turned ON will turn OFF, if they have multiple buttons attached via flows, they will turn ON again, and the lights that are OFF will all turn ON. It's fun to watch, but not very useful :)

ps. Oh, I forgot, the ZHC's have four LEDS to show status. If this is done via flows, it would take four flows, per button, times four, times two, times twenty five (in my case) :neutral: