This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Support of Woonveilig

Will Woonveilig be supported, or is anyone working on a Woonveilig app? It's an alarm system that is widely used in the Netherlands.

Comments

• We have a woonveilig alarm kit, and are indeed working on integration. Independent sensors are tricky and will probably be not available from the start due to their API limitations, but arming/checking status etc. will.

• Hi Stefan, To me it was mainly about arming and status checking so that is excellent! Keep up the good work! Looking forward to receiving Homey!

• I see that the "woonveilig"  app is no longer in the app store ?
    are we still aiming to support this ?? or is this canceled ?
    thanks
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    Yes, it's still on the list, but there were some bugs in the app.
  • Ok thanks !!
  • @Emile to bad Woonveilig app is pulled for now... I know you guys doing a hell of a job to correct the bugs in the main software of Homey.. But please when you don't have anything to do and you are bored :wink:  Please fix the Woonveilig app, make it available again in the store and last but not least @Emile, make sure it show up in the flow menu :smiley: :wink: 
  • @Stefan The woonveilig app has been offline for about 3 weeks now, any news on bug fixing? To me it's an important link for my future flows, since it knows whether I'm home or not. 
  • The Woonveilig app has been updated and is available in the app store again. :smile: 
    https://apps.athom.com/app/nl.woonveilig
  • Good job @Robert !
  • @Robert ;
    Woonveilig api is limited  at this time, but do you know if the user who disarm via remote or keypad  will be visible, this would be  a great presence detection ?!
  • @Robert i've already added a bug report on github. I can't login. Is there any difference between the versions of the Woonveilig hub (they have 2 model versions)? My homey is running on 0.8.30.
  • @Robebar That woud be a great presence detection indeed! Only at the moment this is not supported by the app.
    When implementing the new API we will try to include such a feature.
    @bierre What exaclty is a Woonveilig hub? I can't seem to find that model on the Woonveilig website.
  • @freekb i mean the Woonveilig huiscentrale ;-). Translated huiscentrale as hub!
  • @freekb ;
    super yes that would be fine.. also currently I have made a flow where my alarm is set to partial arming, but this is not working yet..  also manualy testing the flow will not arm the alarm.. 
  • @freekb ;
    Forget previous one, just reinstalled the app, and now it works !! 
  • freekbfreekb Member
    edited April 2016
    @bierre ah.. sometimes a little bit of Dutch makes things clear ;-)
    The app is able to support the 'Woonveilig huiscentrale' and the 'Egardia Alarm System', which are basically the same devices but rebranded.
    @Robebar happy to hear a reinstall worked for you! We will try to reproduce this problem ourselfs to avoid the necessary reinstalls as much as possible in the future.

• @freekb stil a problem, even after reinstall. My model number is Model WV-1716, did you test it on this one as well?
  • @freekb ;
    Maybe I made a typo when I entered my password the first time ?!
    So to make sure I reinstalled,
  • @bierre we did not test the app with the WV-1716, we only tried the SMARTHOME-01.
    What is not working? Still not able to login?

• @bierre ;
    @freekb ;
    I have the WV-1716 Ontvanger, wich is part of the smarthome 01, ( GATE-02 )
    and its working fine for me !!

• @freekb @robebar thanx for the quick replies. Still can't login. I'm not sure whether it's a gate 01 or gate o2. I bought it in 2011.
  • Try to log in to the website of Woonveilig and see if your password works, I did the same and apperantly 
    I made a typo in Homey .. 

This is the Gate  02, and it comes with a  USB transceiver for the older hardware, I upgraded my older one last year

wv.JPG 12.6K
  • bierrebierre Member
    edited April 2016
    @Robebar thanx for the quick reply. It's clear that I'm on the first huiscentrale. It just won't work. Tried copying the username and password that work on the site, but still no luck....@freekb does Homey actually connect to the huiscentrale or to the website?
  • @freekb ;
     Aha So after installing the app it works !! but the next day it stops working.. 
    I will try to reinstall later  and see if this helps again... if so it could be something with autorisation.. 
  • So this is wat I did:
    Install the app, add as device to home, and give username password  ... then it works for xxx time
            (next day for me it stoped working)
    removing the device from Home and adding it again  giving your username and pw will do nothing.
    Removing the app, and reinstalling it .. then add it as device again the username and pw will work again.
    Also the flow with arming the alarm works again.

will try this in regulair intervals and see after how long its stops working again !
  • So after one hour i did test it again, and id did not work anymore.. 
    my guess it has something to do with the autorisation of user and pw.. 
  • @bierre Homey connects to the API of the website. So what Homey actually does is changing the values on the website, which are forwarded by Woonveilig to the 'huiscentrale'.
    @Robebar It seems that the authorization cookies are not refreshed properly to maintain the connection. (Because these cookies will expire every 30 min) I will look into that.

• @freekb ;
    I'm now on 8.32, and Woonveilig switching on and off is working.... 
    I have the SmartHome Huiscentrale, (Gate 02) with the WV-1716 USB transmitter to connect older devices. 
    Also in a flow its working verry stable, running now for multiple days.

• @Robebar ; what advantages would woonveilig add for you, compared to building it all in flows in Homey? Obviously with Homey it would take more diy, but also would be much more flexible.
  • Justjomi said:
    @Robebar ; what advantages would woonveilig add for you, compared to building it all in flows in Homey? Obviously with Homey it would take more diy, but also would be much more flexible.
    Because its a dedicated security system and alarm send trough SMS, and mail. The alarm even works without Internet, so no message but get informed that my connection is lost. It has is own Battery Backup, and the sensors using a verry reliable AM signal. So for burgalary and fire detection I like to use a dedicated system.. If your homey  crashes because of one app..  you also lose your security system..